300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eaglesfootball1313 View Post
    Will positions also be open to civilians or no?
    According to the marshal website that doesn't look very likely

Comment

• I know it is currently closed, but can someone who applied to the PR listing share it? I am trying to figure out why it was not displaying when I went to do my "saved search" on that day. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ldfergu View Post
        According to the marshal website that doesn't look very likely
        What on their website makes you think that they won't have an open exam? Just curious because under their career section it says "We encourage all interested applicants to create or update their existing USAJOBS accounts and to set up their notice for USMS job postings".

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe_Diem View Post
          I know it is currently closed, but can someone who applied to the PR listing share it? I am trying to figure out why it was not displaying when I went to do my "saved search" on that day. Thanks.
          Make sure you are searching with the "Federal Employees" refinement selected. That will show positions open to Status Candidates as well as VEOA and VRA eligibles.

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/412932900
          Last edited by Sean_82; 02-17-2016, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carpe_Diem View Post
            I know it is currently closed, but can someone who applied to the PR listing share it? I am trying to figure out why it was not displaying when I went to do my "saved search" on that day. Thanks.
            I feel like this forum is a better notifier of job postings than usajobs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/fitness_men.html

"You must score Minimum or higher in all sections of the fitness test in order to pass."

How do they measure body fat%? Anyone know?
              Different methods give you different results so it would be nice to know what they use, skinfold etc.

I can pass all the physical requirements right now but I am right on the line in my age group for body fat%. I would suggest if your in the same boat, start catering your workouts toward fatloss and up the strictness on the diet.

Comment

• My name is in the hat. Vet, B.A., USMS intern, and current local LEO.

Good luck all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Etoolqual View Post
                  I feel like this forum is a better notifier of job postings than usajobs lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Agreed...let's keep it up

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Do you have to have a degree to be eligible or does time as a LEO count in place of one?

Comment

• Originally posted by H2oLEO View Post
                      Do you have to have a degree to be eligible or does time as a LEO count in place of one?
                      I'm going to go ahead and say NO... Due to the fact it's not a requirement to have a degree to meet the minimum qualifications, and from personal experience... ...Personal experience, meaning, when I was taking night college courses; there was a DUSM in my class. She knew I was local LE and was pretty open. She elaborated she was shooting for her undergrad for "promotion purposes only"...

Also, from extensive lurking on O.com, I've gathered the desired candidate goes somewhere like: Veteran>College>FedLEO>Local/State/CountyLEO ..........
                      Last edited by IroqouisB; 02-17-2016, 07:57 PM.
                      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

• Originally posted by H2oLEO View Post
                        Do you have to have a degree to be eligible or does time as a LEO count in place of one?
                        My friend was a Recruiter during 2012 hiring. While college degree was not an official requirment, the non-vets were first to be cut, then those who did not have college degrees in CJ or Degree + leo experience were the next cut. But it does not hurt to apply

Comment

• Already received and completed the assessment, they sent it out pretty fast.
                          Those who have struggled with failure more appreciate success; than those who succeed but never themselves test.

Comment

• What does the assessment consist of?

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wigglesworth View Post
                              http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/fitness_men.html

"You must score Minimum or higher in all sections of the fitness test in order to pass."

How do they measure body fat%? Anyone know?
                              Different methods give you different results so it would be nice to know what they use, skinfold etc.

I can pass all the physical requirements right now but I am right on the line in my age group for body fat%. I would suggest if your in the same boat, start catering your workouts toward fatloss and up the strictness on the diet.
                              Since marshals do go to CITP I'd imagine it's the same 3 site skin caliper test used for all agencies. For males it will be the skin/fat between the right anterior deltoid (front of your shoulder) and your nipple measured in the middle. Second site is just above your belly button to the left (my left as the measurer not yours), and the third site is the inside of the leg midpoint between the knee and the crease of your groin. All 3 scores are added and divided for your average body fat percentage.

For women FLETC measures the middle of the tricep, two inches to the left and above the belly button, and the inside of the leg.

There are several variations including using a 5 site test instead of 3 but unless FLETC has changed since I went through fitness coordinator training it should still be the same. The only difference between this explanation and the video linked below is the leg measurements are taken on the inside of the thigh not on the front but this give you a general idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KLdyRJIAqk
                              Last edited by kwaz; 02-18-2016, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                                Since marshals do go to CITP I'd imagine it's the same 3 site skin caliper test used for all agencies. For males it will be the skin/fat between the right anterior deltoid (front of your shoulder) and your nipple measured in the middle. Second site is just above your belly button to the left (my left as the measurer not yours), and the third site is the inside of the leg midpoint between the knee and the crease of your groin. All 3 scores are added and divided for your average body fat percentage.

For women FLETC measures the middle of the tricep, two inches to the left and above the belly button, and the inside of the leg.

There are several variations including using a 5 site test instead of 3 but unless FLETC has changed since I went through fitness coordinator training it should still be the same. The only difference between this explanation and the video linked below is the leg measurements are taken on the inside of the thigh not on the front but this give you a general idea.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KLdyRJIAqk
                                Thanks, good intel.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11020 users online. 451 members and 10569 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X