Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DCFED View Post
    They same goes for me aswell..
    Wow you guys might want to look into that because I'm also a 7 year federal LEO with no degree, so it's strange that I would get referred but not you guys. Are you guys veterans? That's the only other thing I can think of, I did do 6 years active duty.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by bocktagon View Post
      Which milpers message is that? I need to look into that.
      http://www.ssi.army.mil/!CareerAdvis...%20Program.pdf

From what I'm seeing, it's only Army, but you may want to look into the Navy side as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidjbar View Post
        Wow you guys might want to look into that because I'm also a 7 year federal LEO with no degree, so it's strange that I would get referred but not you guys. Are you guys veterans? That's the only other thing I can think of, I did do 6 years active duty.

Gotta be difference in resume structure? Resume makes or breaks your referral chances.

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

• Originally posted by Phroggy07 View Post
          The Marshal's Service is losing about half of their manpower to retirement over 5 years. They aren't going to replace them all before next March, and I doubt they paid for 5000 applicants for a candidate pool for one December class. You'll be fine
          You are absolutely correct man. Not in FLETC's best year could they ever manage to swing 5k Marshals through CITP. That number will literally take years. Let's not forget the number of other agencies sending their people through CITP. If anyone has been to FLETC lately I'd say over the past year their resources have been maxed to the limit, almost post 9/11ish. Whether or not that is a result of agencies sending more people or FLETC limiting its resources remains to be seen. I recently had some advanced training (2 week course) cancelled because FLETC couldn't arrange hotel accommodations for the class so it was easier to cancel it. Apparently they've tapped out all their out in town hotel resources clear up to Darien, Georgia (one town above).
          Last edited by kwaz; 08-15-2016, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jezzolo View Post
            Here is what mine said....

This refers to the application you recently submitted to this office for the position below:

Position Title: Deputy United States Marshal

Vacancy ID: 1503182

Announcement: CK1503182BD

Pay Plan: GL

Series/Grade:

0082-07

Hiring Office: USMS HRD

__________________________________________________ ___________

Spec Code: 002

Spec Title: Non-Competitive Candidates and Special Hiring Authorities

Grade: 07

Rating: 95

-----------------------------------------------------------

Referral Type: Former employees eligible for reinstatement and current employees eligible for transfer without

competition

Referral Name: MV-16-BDi-05242S0

Vet Pref: CPS (Adj)

Locations:

US Marshals - US Locations

Status Code: Status Message:

R - Referred We have reviewed your application and found you qualified for the position listed above with this

Status code. We have referred your name to the selecting official(s) for consideration, and they will

contact you directly if an interview is desired. Please be patient as you may not be contacted right

away. If you have questions, please send us your specific inquiries at [email protected].
            Jezz, you may want to look into this if you haven't been contacted about filling out forms or scheduling an interview. I'm not sure if the Marshals do it like everyone else but typically there are tiers for referrals, qualified (lowest), best qualified (mid), and most qualified (highest). It could be they may be going through the first two tiers first and get who they want and go from there. In reality they may get the number of people they want from the most qualified list and the next two tiers don't even get contacted. Many an agent from various 1811 gigs have gotten the qualified referral and never received contact from the agency to move on. I don't say that to discourage you. Those who have submitted paperwork already does your referral just say qualified or is it tiered as previously mentioned?

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
              Jezz, you may want to look into this if you haven't been contacted about filling out forms or scheduling an interview. I'm not sure if the Marshals do it like everyone else but typically there are tiers for referrals, qualified (lowest), best qualified (mid), and most qualified (highest). It could be they may be going through the first two tiers first and get who they want and go from there. In reality they may get the number of people they want from the most qualified list and the next two tiers don't even get contacted. Many an agent from various 1811 gigs have gotten the qualified referral and never received contact from the agency to move on. I don't say that to discourage you. Those who have submitted paperwork already does your referral just say qualified or is it tiered as previously mentioned?
              I was one of the first to be emailed on the board and mine only had the word Qualified in it. Seemed more like sentence structure rather than a category the way it is written.

Any idea on how The Marshals handle request for a later interview? I'm concerned about that shooting me in the foot. 2 weeks notice was just too fast and not something I'm at all used to.

Thanks for any response.
              USMS timeline
              Applied:June 2016
              Rating 99
              Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
              Fed LEO (6 years)
              USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
              Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan1371 View Post
                I was one of the first to be emailed on the board and mine only had the word Qualified in it. Seemed more like sentence structure rather than a category the way it is written.

Any idea on how The Marshals handle request for a later interview? I'm concerned about that shooting me in the foot. 2 weeks notice was just too fast and not something I'm at all used to.

Thanks for any response.
                Good call. Guess Marshals do their own thing when it comes to verbiage of auto e-mails. If it's any consolation I had a colleague whose now with the Marshals who had to re-schedule twice due to work conflicts and they seemed accommodating.

Comment

• Yes it helps!!! I needed to hear that, fingers crossed.

Alot of people will withdraw their names once they interview or were selected by email. It seems thousands apply without speaking to their spouses about it and etc etc.
                  USMS timeline
                  Rating 99
                  Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
                  Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                    Gotta be difference in resume structure? Resume makes or breaks your referral chances.

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone
                    Oh ok yeah I hadn't thought of that, good call. That's another thing I've learned in my federal career.....resume has to be on point.

Comment

Yes it helps!!! I needed to hear that, fingers crossed.

Alot of people will withdraw their names once they interview or were selected by email. It seems thousands apply without speaking to their spouses about it and etc etc.
                      Don't forget about the % of people who absolutely refuse to front the cost of travel for interviews and what not. That 5k starts to quickly dwindle when you factor all that in.

Comment

• for all those still waiting , just received this update from HR.

"Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry. Notices are currently being sent and should all be received by the end of next week."

Comment

• My situation is a little different. I'm non-competative. I don't get the qualified, best qualified etc, I just get referred. I also think I won't get a email to request document because I am already a DOJ employee and am in their files. It's like I am already in the company I'm just asking to work in a different part of the building.. Lol I could be wrong though....

This refers to the application you recently submitted to this office for the position below:

Series/Grade:

0082-07

Referral Type: Former employees eligible for reinstatement and current employees eligible for transfer without

competition

Locations:

Last edited by jezzolo; 08-15-2016, 10:05 AM.

Comment

• Everyone will get a kick out of this...I just recieved another referral letter for the same vacancy lol. HR is a bit confused I believe!
                            USMS timeline
                            Rating 99

10 pt Vet
                            Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

Everyone will get a kick out of this...I just recieved another referral letter for the same vacancy lol. HR is a bit confused I believe!
                              I was about to put out the same thing, identical to the first email.

Comment

• Originally posted by jezzolo View Post
                                My situation is a little different. I'm non-competative. I don't get the qualified, best qualified etc, I just get referred. I also think I won't get a email to request document because I am already a DOJ employee and am in their files. It's like I am already in the company I'm just asking to work in a different part of the building.. Lol I could be wrong though....

Series/Grade:

0082-07

competition

Locations:

10-4. I got ya. I kind of muddied the waters by applying what my agency (and many others) do by rating qualified applicants into the 3 categories based upon how they scored. It is all a moot point seeing as how the Marshals don't use this system. Best of luck.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5447 users online. 294 members and 5153 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X