Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 U.S. Marshals Service Announcement

Originally posted by USMC85 View Post
    Has anyone that also applied to the PR announcement heard anything for this June announcement yet?
    I haven't heard anything. My vet pref points weren't adjudicated for the PR announcement and my final rating was 95 without them. I called the Arlington office 20+ times and emailed quite a few to see why and no one ever got back with me. Typical. I'm thinking that may be the reason I didn't move forward with that announcement.

I submitted the same docs for the nationwide announcement in June so here's to hoping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawlor View Post
      I haven't heard anything. My vet pref points weren't adjudicated for the PR announcement and my final rating was 95 without them. I called the Arlington office 20+ times and emailed quite a few to see why and no one ever got back with me. Typical. I'm thinking that may be the reason I didn't move forward with that announcement.

I submitted the same docs for the nationwide announcement in June so here's to hoping.

I know I am dating myself here and I am not sure if you are older but I remember the days where following up with an HR or interviewer was a good thing looked highly upon by bosses. It showed initiative, drive, and motivation that an applicant wanted the job. Now a days it seems like one may black ball themselves by merely requesting status updates after no contact from the agency post-referral e-mail.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
        I know I am dating myself here and I am not sure if you are older but I remember the days where following up with an HR or interviewer was a good thing looked highly upon by bosses. It showed initiative, drive, and motivation that an applicant wanted the job. Now a days it seems like one may black ball themselves by merely requesting status updates after no contact from the agency post-referral e-mail.
        Definitely not dating yourself as I am a bit older as well. I agree that if you were to follow up that dos show initiative but nowadays HR is operated completely different. I'll hold off this time but I have a feeling I may be in the same boat as last if they didn't count my vet pref points when a DD-214 was submitted both time as well as paperwork showing I'm a 30%+ disabled vet. Here's to hoping.

Comment

• I received an e-mail back from the HR office. I was deemed ineligible due to having a degree in Business, which apparently is not related law enforcement. I'm eligible as a veteran, having a graduate degree, and as a prior federal employee, however, I studied business so that's a no go. Pretty sure I will need to appeal this. Any suggestions

Comment

• I just got a email back from OPM and he/she said they are letting people know alphabetically by last name. If this is true can someone let me know.. My last name starts with N. I haven't been told anything yet. I don't know what to believe anymore from OPM.
            Last edited by USMC85; 08-11-2016, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC85 View Post
              I just got a email back from OPM and he/she said they are letting people know alphabetically by last name. If this is true can someone let me know.. My last name starts with N. I haven't been told anything yet. I don't know what to believe anymore from OPM.
              My last name starts with L, but I've only received the first email and not the second.

Comment

I just got a email back from OPM and he/she said they are letting people know alphabetically by last name. If this is true can someone let me know.. My last name starts with N. I haven't been told anything yet. I don't know what to believe anymore from OPM.

Last name starts with an B

Comment

• Did any of you who got the email this week receive a response from OPM/USMS that they received your requested documents? I scanned and sent the requested docs but never got a response they were received.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motive View Post
                    Did any of you who got the email this week receive a response from OPM/USMS that they received your requested documents? I scanned and sent the requested docs but never got a response they were received.
                    Apparently there are 2 different emails circulating. I only received the one notifying me I was referred and not the one requesting information.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wigglesworth View Post
                      Apparently there are 2 different emails circulating. I only received the one notifying me I was referred and not the one requesting information.
                      Well sh*t! I've received neither! Am I out of this opening as well?!?! Time will tell.

Comment

• I received both emails. Last name starts with B.

10 pt vet
                        Prior leo
                        BA justice admin
                        Score 101
                        Currently work for DHS

Comment

• Originally posted by my93rx7tt View Post
                          I received both emails. Last name starts with B.

10 pt vet
                          Prior leo
                          BA justice admin
                          Score 101
                          Currently work for DHS
                          Well that proves the VET PREF has already been added to the scores in the emails... which I thought was right since OPM is the adjudicating agency

Comment

• Originally posted by my93rx7tt View Post
                            I received both emails. Last name starts with B.

10 pt vet
                            Prior leo
                            BA justice admin
                            Score 101
                            Currently work for DHS
                            Did your score say 101 or are you adding those 10 points? If your a 10pt vet

Comment

I don't know about that one. My last name starts with a W and first starts with a V.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Last few pages are brutal. Speculation after speculation... No one knows what's really going on.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4297 users online. 224 members and 4073 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X