300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ckobxt View Post
    I sent in a member 4 DD214. My graduate transcripts say "unofficial" my undergraduate do not. They should not be denying apps over unofficial transcripts, especially if the applicant is in school. The job post did not state "official transcripts required." I have never had push back on my transcripts for any federal job, including DEA,FBI, and USSS. I e-mailed them, we will see what they say.
    I never had to submit an official (directly from the school) transcript for a process until the background investigation later on. I've always successfully submitted a good ol' copy for my initial app.

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

• No nothin jus an 87

Comment

• Originally posted by AgentSpecial View Post
        I got an 87 on the test no Leo exp no degree ...
        There goes my theory lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Phroggy07 View Post
          Regardless, they turn those with a 'barely there' score into top of the list candidates
          Which is total bull**** in my opinion and I am a 10 point vet. I guess I shouldn't say b.s. But I have always been of the mindset that the best / most qualified person should always get the job even if it isn't me. Goes against my self-interest I know.
          Last edited by kwaz; 08-11-2016, 05:45 AM.

Comment

• I'm in a similar boat as most people that got letters on this thread: Got my email with the paperwork that needed filled out on Tuesday, got the notification that said I'm qualified yesterday. Score of 98, 10-point veteran (20%), BA in Psych, no past LEO or Federal employment. Applied for the June opening only.

Here's my question (I've not done a search on the forum yet): What does the structured interview process look like? The USMS website says that you do the structured interview and then if you get a tentative offer, you go on to do the medical exam, FIT test, and background investigation after that. I've seen indications on forums that guys going to the structured interview did multiple hiring events (including the FIT test) in one day. What's the real scoop? From somebody that did the PR process recently, what does it look like? Do you do multiple hiring events in one day? When do they actually make you a tentative offer? What does the timeline and sequence of hiring events look like after this point?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Phroggy07 View Post
              Regardless, they turn those with a 'barely there' score into top of the list candidates
              No they don't. If the cutoff score was 95 and the vet had a 94 they won't add the points to that. Don't like it, join the military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leatherneck556 View Post
                I'm in a similar boat as most people that got letters on this thread: Got my email with the paperwork that needed filled out on Tuesday, got the notification that said I'm qualified yesterday. Score of 98, 10-point veteran (20%), BA in Psych, no past LEO or Federal employment. Applied for the June opening only.

Here's my question (I've not done a search on the forum yet): What does the structured interview process look like? The USMS website says that you do the structured interview and then if you get a tentative offer, you go on to do the medical exam, FIT test, and background investigation after that. I've seen indications on forums that guys going to the structured interview did multiple hiring events (including the FIT test) in one day. What's the real scoop? From somebody that did the PR process recently, what does it look like? Do you do multiple hiring events in one day? When do they actually make you a tentative offer? What does the timeline and sequence of hiring events look like after this point?

Thanks!
                The PR process went pretty quick. At first.

All events were one per day, starting with the interview (if you've ever worked with or been in charge of difficult people, it's easy). Received tentative offer within a few days, and scheduled the medical and drug test at the same time.

Two months post medical, nadda. I have recently had two TS/SCI investigations adjudicated (military and civilian sides), so I'm thinking that may be why I haven't heard anything from a background investigator.

But, who really knows...

Comment

• 2016 U.S. Marshals Service Announcement

Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
                  No they don't. If the cutoff score was 95 and the vet had a 94 they won't add the points to that. Don't like it, join the military.
                  I'm thinking you have no idea how actual job offers are made. The 10 pt vet who had that 'barely there' score of 95 (or whatever the minimum score was) then has their 10 points added, for an effective score of 105. After all is said and done, the agency takes from the top of the list, working their way down (OPM rules).

The only thing that is different between agencies (typically) is how the interview is factored in, i.e., pass/fail, points added to the score, etc.

I've never heard of the BI and medical being anything other than pass/fail.

Oh, and 14 year veteran who declined an unnecessary disability rating, so there's that...
                  Last edited by Phroggy07; 08-11-2016, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                    Which is total bull**** in my opinion and I am a 10 point vet. I guess I shouldn't say b.s. But I have always been of the mindset that the best / most qualified person should always get the job even if it isn't me. Goes against my self-interest I know.
                    I don't disagree with you. The rules may change with the next administration, but I wouldn't count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
                      No. 10 pt vets are only placed in the BQ as long as they are minimally qualified.
                      I replied to a similar comment on the next page, but the gist is, that minimum score of 95 turns into an awfully hard to beat 105 real fast. Even a 5pt veteran with a perfect assessment score could only tie it (though both have a good chance to be selected in the end).

With some here reporting their scores in the 80's, it seems like USMS may have split the field up to get a more broad candidate pool.

Comment

Can someone make sense of this for me? I received my referral letter (below), which shows I am ineligible (IN) and I did not meet the education requirements (ID). I'm a combat veteran, 7 years of active service, with a campaign medal. My DD214 was submitted. Also, I submitted my transcripts: 3.33 gpa undergrad, and 28 semester credits of graduate school. How is it possible I'm considered ineligible. Does it matter my education is in business? The position indicates they were wanting criminology or other related studies.

This refers to the application you recently submitted to this office for the position below:
                        Position Title: Deputy United States Marshal
                        Vacancy ID: 1503182
                        Announcement: CK1503182BD
                        Pay Plan: GL
                        Series/Grade:
                        0082-07
                        Hiring Office: USMS HRD
                        __________________________________________________ ___________
                        Spec Code: 001
                        Spec Title: Merit Promotion Candidates/VEOA Eligibles
                        Grade: 07
                        Rating: ID
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        Referral Type: Current or former employees with Federal Civil Service status or VEOA candidates
                        Referral Name: MV-16-BDi-05241S0
                        Vet Pref:
                        Locations:
                        US Marshals - US Locations
                        __________________________________________________ ___________
                        Spec Code: 004
                        Spec Title: VRA Candidates (Veterans' Recruitment Appointment)
                        Grade: 07
                        Rating: ID
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        Referral Type: Non-Traditional
                        Referral Name: MV-16-BDi-05243S0
                        Vet Pref:
                        Locations:
                        US Marshals - US Locations
                        It looks like something may have gotten lost in translation somewhere. You're just as qualified as I am, but I only got a letter from the PR announcement so far.

I'd send an email listed on the announcement and ask them to look at what they have. In my agency (much, much smaller than USMS), the hiring authority can add documents late, or 'check the block' that indicates veteran or educational status.

They actually responded to my email rather quickly (next business day) when I had a question about the PR process.

Comment

• I got my email and it said a score of 95. Is that with or without points added?

It also said referred with non-competitive and special hiring authority. What that entail? Does that mean I could get selected without an interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by jezzolo View Post
                            I got my email and it said a score of 95. Is that with or without points added?

It also said referred with non-competitive and special hiring authority. What that entail? Does that mean I could get selected without an interview?
                            Negative.... you are interviewing. VRA (Veterans' Recruitment Appointment) is what they are referring too... it's worth a Google.

Comment

I sent in a member 4 DD214. My graduate transcripts say "unofficial" my undergraduate do not. They should not be denying apps over unofficial transcripts, especially if the applicant is in school. The job post did not state "official transcripts required." I have never had push back on my transcripts for any federal job, including DEA,FBI, and USSS. I e-mailed them, we will see what they say.
                              Fight it... a qualified individual with your stats should be afforded an interview regardless of HR paperwork BS.

Comment

• 2016 U.S. Marshals Service Announcement

I received the referral email on Tuesday and submitted the forms back right away that day. Have not received my score email though. 10-point vet, Master Degree, current FED employee not 1811, and only LE related time was as an MP for about 8 years. I submitted unofficial transcripts, like I have for every other job I've applied for, and it has gone through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by mpfeddie; 08-11-2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9523 users online. 482 members and 9041 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X