Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't received an email yet. I forgot I even took the test.
    OUT!!

Comment

• Received this email today for the DUSM 1503182 Announcement.

This refers to the application you recently submitted to this office for the position below:

Position Title: Deputy United States Marshal
      Vacancy ID: 1503182
      Announcement: CK1503182BD
      Pay Plan: GL
      Series/Grade:
      0082-07
      Hiring Office: USMS HRD

Spec Code: 004
      Spec Title: VRA Candidates (Veterans' Recruitment Appointment)
      Grade: 07
      Rating: 100

Referral Type: Non-Traditional
      Referral Name: MV-16-BDi-05243S0
      Vet Pref: CP (Adj)
      Locations:
      US Marshals - US Locations

Status Code: Status Message:
      R - Referred We have reviewed your application and found you qualified for the position listed above with this
      Status code. We have referred your name to the selecting official(s) for consideration, and they will
      contact you directly if an interview is desired. Please be patient as you may not be contacted right
      away. If you have questions, please send us your specific inquiries at [email protected].

Comment

• CK1503182BD

Ref letter

Comment

• For those that have been referred, are you 10 point veterans? I'm a current fed l with only a bachelors and got an email saying I was 'ineligible' for the position. Just wondering if everybody is getting referred due to their veterans preference since I usually qualify for at least a 7. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by James_camp4 View Post
            For those that have been referred, are you 10 point veterans? I'm a current fed l with only a bachelors and got an email saying I was 'ineligible' for the position. Just wondering if everybody is getting referred due to their veterans preference since I usually qualify for at least a 7. Good luck!
            Ouch, glad I didn't get THAT email...sorry to hear

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nah I'm not a vet

Comment

• I don't think being a 10 point veteran necessarily matters. I think the trend comes down to did you answer the way they wanted you to answer in terms of the written assessment. I've taken some assessments where they wanted guys who answered that they would defer/ask their supervisor for EVERYTHING. I've taken other assessments that really strived to get candidates who made decisions and showed leadership on their own until the absolute last point before differing to a supervisor. It all depends on what they are looking for. I bet that cut off score is about 97 or 98 out of 100, much like the regular 1811 assessment score cutoffs tend to be.

The thing that really sucks for the recent graduate announcement if you missed the mark on this one is I don't think you get a chance to re-take the assessment. in other words they will more than likely use the score of the one you took in June if you applied. So really if you got a bum score in June there maybe little chance of having a different outcome in terms of employment under the recent grad announcement. Just pure guess work on my part based upon what some of you have said.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                  I don't think being a 10 point veteran necessarily matters. I think the trend comes down to did you answer the way they wanted you to answer in terms of the written assessment. I've taken some assessments where they wanted guys who answered that they would defer/ask their supervisor for EVERYTHING. I've taken other assessments that really strived to get candidates who made decisions and showed leadership on their own until the absolute last point before differing to a supervisor. It all depends on what they are looking for. I bet that cut off score is about 97 or 98 out of 100, much like the regular 1811 assessment score cutoffs tend to be.

The thing that really sucks for the recent graduate announcement if you missed the mark on this one is I don't think you get a chance to re-take the assessment. in other words they will more than likely use the score of the one you took in June if you applied. So really if you got a bum score in June there maybe little chance of having a different outcome in terms of employment under the recent grad announcement. Just pure guess work on my part based upon what some of you have said.
                  I got an 87 on the test no Leo exp no degree ...

Comment

• Dear XXXXXX XXXXXX,

This refers to the application you recently submitted to this office for the position below:

Series/Grade:

0082-07

Spec Code: 001

Spec Title: Merit Promotion Candidates/VEOA Eligibles

Rating: 96

Locations:

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                      I don't think being a 10 point veteran necessarily matters. I think the trend comes down to did you answer the way they wanted you to answer in terms of the written assessment. I've taken some assessments where they wanted guys who answered that they would defer/ask their supervisor for EVERYTHING. I've taken other assessments that really strived to get candidates who made decisions and showed leadership on their own until the absolute last point before differing to a supervisor. It all depends on what they are looking for. I bet that cut off score is about 97 or 98 out of 100, much like the regular 1811 assessment score cutoffs tend to be.

I think you're correct. I got a referral letter for the PR announcement, and when I applied to the June announcement, I immediately received emails saying my assessment was completed.

Haven't received anything from the June announcement yet, so maybe the PR announcement had a lower cutting score. Those extra 5 veteran points some are getting are huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                        my close buddy told me they changed their pt standards. the sit and reach isnt in it anymore and something else has changed
                        I have also heard the sit and reach is no longer part of the PT Test. Applicants have stated on here numerous times they did pushups, situps, and the 1.5 mile run for the PT test minus the sit and reach. Over a year ago they used to do the sit and reach prior to the academy so I don't know what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patrol-99 View Post
                          Dear XXXXXX XXXXXX,

Series/Grade:

0082-07

Spec Code: 001

Spec Title: Merit Promotion Candidates/VEOA Eligibles

Rating: 96

Locations:

Nice. There's hope yet...

Comment

• So I understand these scores. An 86 turns into a 96 really fast?

Comment

• Originally posted by Phroggy07 View Post
                              I think you're correct. I got a referral letter for the PR announcement, and when I applied to the June announcement, I immediately received emails saying my assessment was completed.

Haven't received anything from the June announcement yet, so maybe the PR announcement had a lower cutting score. Those extra 5 veteran points some are getting are huge.
                              Those points aren't added unless you meet the cutoff score.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoLimit View Post
                                So I understand these scores. An 86 turns into a 96 really fast?
                                No. 10 pt vets are only placed in the BQ as long as they are minimally qualified.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14396 users online. 263 members and 14133 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X