Ad JS

Collapse

Leaderboard

Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 U.S. Marshals Service Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JD2Fed View Post
    Ahhh the LSAT all over again :-)
    179, FTW! Still ****ed about that, though, because I only "missed" one question (I forgot to bubble in the last question on a section in which I had never gotten a practice question wrong). The exam after mine, a friend of mine got two wrong but still got a 180.

    Comment


    • Many years ago we had one returning from writ to ADMAX, we knew he had objects is his "suit case". Five of us had to hold him down while the doc got things out. The Doc got mad at his fighting, pulled hard, I was on the side below table level...I saw blood and mud hit the wall!
      Nothing was said about it. In this day and age it would be law suit city....

      Comment


      • Do_some should probably recruit for the USMS because then we would only get people who really, really wanted in. With that being said I think the job is great. I work a 9-5, I work cases, I go to court, I work collaterals, I have a sweet ride, and I break down the occasional door. With this and my previous LEO gig I've had a chance to talk at length with guys from most FED LEO agencies about their jobs and I've found that they all suck sometimes. As a former Army groundpounder I smile to myself sometimes when people making over $100K, have a free car, carry guns on planes, and get free ammo/range time complain constantly about their jobs, perspective...

        P.S. These forums were very helpful in my application process but are crap until after the process boots about 90% of applicants off

        Comment


        • Originally posted by DUSMthing View Post
          Do_some should probably recruit for the USMS because then we would only get people who really, really wanted in. With that being said I think the job is great. I work a 9-5, I work cases, I go to court, I work collaterals, I have a sweet ride, and I break down the occasional door. With this and my previous LEO gig I've had a chance to talk at length with guys from most FED LEO agencies about their jobs and I've found that they all suck sometimes. As a former Army groundpounder I smile to myself sometimes when people making over $100K, have a free car, carry guns on planes, and get free ammo/range time complain constantly about their jobs, perspective...

          P.S. These forums were very helpful in my application process but are crap until after the process boots about 90% of applicants off
          The American Dream.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
            Just tossing that out there for others that are applying...... who think it might be a great way in and get stuck in PR forever.

            Just like with HSI being stuck in the SW for a million years.......

            Folks need to know what they are getting into before wasting someone else's slot.....
            THIS! I really wish those suffering from mid-career change crises would take that into consideration before flooding the 1811 (or 1802) job market only to realize less than a year into it that sh** is real and then end up leaving, thus wasting a spot.

            Comment


            • Does anybody know what time the announcement opened for PR? Just trying to get an idea for future postings.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dsw2013 View Post
                Does anybody know what time the announcement opened for PR? Just trying to get an idea for future postings.
                I saw it posted when I woke up at 0545 yesterday. So I think it's safe to say it opened at midnight and closed last night. So it was open just under 24 hours hitting their goal of 300 applicants.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by DUSMthing View Post
                  over $100K, have a free car, carry guns on planes, and get free ammo/range time complain constantly about their jobs, perspective...
                  This is SO true and it's in every federal agency and sadly we all lose perspective. Being consistent and keeping your eye on the ball and not getting brought down by the slugs is a long term struggle.

                  After leaving the Border Patrol I had to fly for work and of course I couldn't be armed any more as I'm a desk jockey but I couldn't stop laughing when I had to throw away my water bottle before going through TSA. I thought, " What an interesting turn of events. Two weeks ago I carried a gun on an airplane and now I have to throw away my water bottle before passing through TSA." It gave me some pause.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post
                    This is SO true and it's in every federal agency and sadly we all lose perspective. Being consistent and keeping your eye on the ball and not getting brought down by the slugs is a long term struggle.

                    After leaving the Border Patrol I had to fly for work and of course I couldn't be armed any more as I'm a desk jockey but I couldn't stop laughing when I had to throw away my water bottle before going through TSA. I thought, " What an interesting turn of events. Two weeks ago I carried a gun on an airplane and now I have to throw away my water bottle before passing through TSA." It gave me some pause.
                    A little OT, but you quit BP to go into a secretarial position?

                    Comment


                    • [QUOTE=JD2Fed;3825435]Ahhh the LSAT all over again :

                      Sorry, I didn't do as well on my LSAT.

                      In its race to the bottom, LSAT is being gradually phased out. My old school now accepts the GRE instead.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by do_some View Post
                        A little OT, but you quit BP to go into a secretarial position?
                        It's a long story summed up by what my wife and I would call a 'learning experience'. For the sake of brevity we will call it a mistake.

                        Comment


                        • For those of you who applied for the PR announcement.... have you received the online assessment yet? Curious how the process is different from the 2012 process.

                          Comment


                          • maybe it is because PR is a smaller region but i hope the other regions arent limited to applicants like that or at least 48 hours. i was at work and tied up from the time that one was posted until it was closed. didnt know it even happened until i saw it here
                            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"


                            honor first

                            Comment


                            • Will positions also be open to civilians or no?

                              Comment


                              • Just received a link to the USA Hire assessment to be completed within 48 hours.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 6550 users online. 163 members and 6387 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X