Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone who joined after seeing "the Fugitive" is retiring.
    “All men dream...... But not equally..
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wigglesworth View Post
      I would think only someone with a HR contact could get that intel. I did just get off the phone with a retired Deputy Marshal (retired this year) and he stated that just under 50% of the current USMS workforce will hit their retirement marks within the next 5 years! He said the USMS did a mass hiring when he was younger and that large group of deputies, including him, are hitting the retirement stage of their career and the USMS is pushing a mass hire again.

Seems like this opportunity comes around roughly every 2-3 decades guys/gals.
      Well this really doesn't seem like "Mass hiring," it just seems as if the USMS is trying to fill some of those positions lost due to attrition. The last mass hiring was back in 2008, the USMS hired around 700. That's when it had FCIP. The USMS had so many classes it was crazy.

Comment

I would think only someone with a HR contact could get that intel. I did just get off the phone with a retired Deputy Marshal (retired this year) and he stated that just under 50% of the current USMS workforce will hit their retirement marks within the next 5 years! He said the USMS did a mass hiring when he was younger and that large group of deputies, including him, are hitting the retirement stage of their career and the USMS is pushing a mass hire again.

I heard the same thing from a few deputies that this will be a large hiring.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC85 View Post
          Anyone have any good intel on what the cutting score mark will be for the assessment we took? I was told from OPM yesterday that we should be hearing something back within 3 to 4 Business weeks.
          Hmmmm... How long is 4 Business weeks? Longer or shorter than 4 weeks? [emoji53]

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
            Hmmmm... How long is 4 Business weeks? Longer or shorter than 4 weeks? [emoji53]

On Jul 26, 2016, at 11:09 AM, USMarshals <[email protected]> wrote:

All applicants will be notified of their status within the next 3-4 business weeks. We cannot give any additional information at this point.

Thank you,

Midwest Services
            Staff Acquisition Group
            U.S. Office of Personnel Management

Bayranger, with 2,241 posts! You know you don't have to comment on everything but I'm happy you took notice to my comment! Hahaha good luck pal

Comment

I got acquainted with a USMS recruiter while in FLETC who said pretty much the exact same thing, so your info is likely to be accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post

A business week is slightly shorter than a government week, so we're looking at around 5 months, roughly.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC85 View Post
                  On Jul 26, 2016, at 11:09 AM, USMarshals <[email protected]> wrote:

All applicants will be notified of their status within the next 3-4 business weeks. We cannot give any additional information at this point.

Thank you,

Midwest Services
                  Staff Acquisition Group
                  U.S. Office of Personnel Management

Bayranger, with 2,241 posts! You know you don't have to comment on everything but I'm happy you took notice to my comment! Hahaha good luck pal
                  I will be at Oktoberfest in Munich Germany late September....my luck I will miss the emails that require an immediate response.
                  USMS timeline
                  Applied:June 2016
                  Rating 99
                  Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
                  Fed LEO (6 years)
                  USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
                  Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• Originally posted by Phroggy07 View Post
                    The academy is run on FLETC standards, so yes, you will be required to perform the entire PEB. That's what they told me when I was chatting one of them up in GA last Sept anyway.
                    For the USMS you will be required to perform BOTH the FLETC PEB standard AND the USMS FIT standard. On arrival at the academy pre-basic you will do the usms FIT, then on day one of CITP you will do the PEB.
                    USMS Region 3
                    Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
                    Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
                    Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
                    BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
                    Medical:2/15/10
                    MedicalReview: 4/15/10
                    FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
                    Drug: 6/5/10
                    Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
                    Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                    Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
                    Written: 12/27/10
                    NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
                    To:
                    Medical:

Comment

• Anyone heard of any movement for the PR announcement? I flew to PR for interview (passed), completed the Medical, had the BI interview (Currently FED LEO) they interviewed my references like 2 months ago, and now dead air. I called they couldn't give me an update but they did say there is a December academy class.

Comment

• 2016 U.S. Marshals Service Announcement

Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
                        For the USMS you will be required to perform BOTH the FLETC PEB standard AND the USMS FIT standard. On arrival at the academy pre-basic you will do the usms FIT, then on day one of CITP you will do the PEB.
                        I was referring to FLETC graduation requirements. Once the PEB is passed, you've met their standard, and can graduate, but the USMS requirement is unique
                        Last edited by Phroggy07; 07-29-2016, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Has anybody heard when the region 5 and 7 areas will be hiring or posting announcements?

Comment

• Originally posted by NiteLite916 View Post
                            Has anybody heard when the region 5 and 7 areas will be hiring or posting announcements?
                            From what the other gentlemen were saying in previous posts the Marshals will not be doing a region by region announcement this go around. You apply, they pick you (if you're lucky), you get what you get in terms of region offer but I could have totally misread what was said. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                              From what the other gentlemen were saying in previous posts the Marshals will not be doing a region by region announcement this go around. You apply, they pick you (if you're lucky), you get what you get in terms of region offer but I could have totally misread what was said. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
                              After visiting with a couple of Deputy Marshals from my area it is said that possibly in September they may have a large posting.

Comment

• Originally posted by NiteLite916 View Post
                                After visiting with a couple of Deputy Marshals from my area it is said that possibly in September they may have a large posting.
                                I believe that big announcement already happened in July for which this thread was generated for. According to the email someone posted a couple of threads ago the September vacancy announcement will be for recent graduates. But like everything else in the fed I am sure that is subject to change.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8981 users online. 495 members and 8486 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X