300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Phroggy07 View Post
    The pathways is specifically for undergraduate degrees only (barring military time, of course)
    I was under the impression that anyone who just graduated with a bachelors or master can apply. As long as its not over the two year mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaxer View Post
      Yeah. I'm currently employed under RG in my agency. But unfortunately, I am not prior military, so my 2 years is up on 8/31
      Didn't someone just mention that military applicants only qualify if a person got deployed prior to completing a degree program?

Comment

• I had a young man ask me a question today that I did not have the answer to and I figured maybe you guys could help him out. When it comes to these recent graduate announcements is there a window that they let you apply in if you don't have your degree in hand? In other words say the announcement closes on August 1,2016 and he will not be awarded his masters at commencement until August 6,2016. Is there a window from the time an announcement closes (I.E. 30 days) or do you have to have that degree in hand at time of application?

Comment

• I would like to know if the test that we took during the application process is the actual exam, or if there will be one later?

I've already taken one for the FBI and passed, and I have one for the USSS in a few weeks (not looking forward to working there after reading about morale issues).

I just find it way too convenient that the USMS would of done it this way.

Thanks for any responses
          USMS timeline
          Applied:June 2016
          Rating 99
          Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
          Fed LEO (6 years)
          USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
          Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
            I had a young man ask me a question today that I did not have the answer to and I figured maybe you guys could help him out. When it comes to these recent graduate announcements is there a window that they let you apply in if you don't have your degree in hand? In other words say the announcement closes on August 1,2016 and he will not be awarded his masters at commencement until August 6,2016. Is there a window from the time an announcement closes (I.E. 30 days) or do you have to have that degree in hand at time of application?
            Pretty sure its 30-90 days grace period, but that's probably dependent on the agency. My agency hired an employee under RG while they had 2 months left in their graduate program.
            Last edited by Blaxer; 07-25-2016, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
              Didn't someone just mention that military applicants only qualify if a person got deployed prior to completing a degree program?
              Q&A Pertaining to Military & RGP in the Pathways Internship and RGP directive.....

Question: An individual completes qualifying educational requirements for a degree in May 2012. Subsequently, this individual enters the military and is released from active duty in July 2014. How much time will this individual have to apply for a Recent Graduates position?

Answer: The 2-year window to apply to the Recent Graduates Program will begin in July 2014 and end in July 2016 (provided that the individual meets the definition of “veteran” in 5 U.S.C. 2108).

Question: What if an individual completes a degree, and then 6 months later is called back to active duty for 4 years? How long would this individual be eligible for the Recent Graduates Program?

Answer: This individual would be eligible for an additional 18 months after being discharged or released from active duty (provided that the individual meets the definition of “veteran” in 5 U.S.C. 2108).

Question: What if an individual is in the Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) and has a 4-year service obligation after graduation; will this individual still be eligible to apply after being discharged?

Answer: The 2-year window of eligibility will begin upon completion of the 4-year service obligation (provided the individual meets the definition of “veteran” in 5 U.S.C. 2108). However, under no circumstances can the eligibility period extend beyond 6 years from the date of completing the educational requirements for a degree.

Question: An individual received a degree in May 2012 while serving on active duty. This individual still has 3 more years of service. Will this individual still be eligible for the Recent Graduates Program?

Answer: Yes. This individual will be eligible to apply for positions for 2 years from the date he or she is released from active duty (provided the individual meets the definition of “veteran” in 5 U.S.C. 2108). However, under no circumstances can the eligibility period extend beyond 6 years from the date of completing the educational requirements for a degree.

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...n-guidance.pdf

Starting page 29 for military jargon, page 36 for military Q&A

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan1371 View Post
                I would like to know if the test that we took during the application process is the actual exam, or if there will be one later?

I've already taken one for the FBI and passed, and I have one for the USSS in a few weeks (not looking forward to working there after reading about morale issues).

Thanks for any responses

Just the first assessment you took online. That is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan1371 View Post
                  I would like to know if the test that we took during the application process is the actual exam, or if there will be one later?

Thanks for any responses
                  Yes, the assessments we completed are the only written/academic testing in the hiring process. The 2012 hiring push bogged down during the in-person testing phase and it was down hill from there. So, in theory the online testing is designed to expedite the selection process and develop a "most highly qualified" list of interview worthy candidates. I have done both the FBI and USSS as well and I much prefer this method.

-Ditto on the morale issue with the USSS. I turned their offer down for that reason and a few other things. It is going to be a ****-show in DC the next 4 years, regardless who is elected.-

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmycoughdrops View Post
                    Just the first assessment you took online. That is all.
                    That's incredibly convenient! Thank you for the response.
                    USMS timeline
                    Rating 99
                    Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
                    Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wigglesworth View Post
                      Yes, the assessments we completed are the only written/academic testing in the hiring process. The 2012 hiring push bogged down during the in-person testing phase and it was down hill from there. So, in theory the online testing is designed to expedite the selection process and develop a "most highly qualified" list of interview worthy candidates. I have done both the FBI and USSS as well and I much prefer this method.

-Ditto on the morale issue with the USSS. I turned their offer down for that reason and a few other things. It is going to be a ****-show in DC the next 4 years, regardless who is elected.-
                      I think I will test with them, but I may also back out down the road. I'm hoping The Marshals works out. I'm 31, so running out of time to be picky.
                      USMS timeline
                      Rating 99

10 pt Vet
                      Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

• anyone here back yet? or have a time frame of when we may here something?

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post
                          The External Deputy U.S. Marshal Hiring Drive

In partnership with OPM, HRD has begun posting external entry level Deputy US Marshal Announcements. The next announcement will be the Recent Graduate Pathways Program announcement for the entry level DUSM, GL-0082-07 position. This announcement will post as a public announcement and will not be limited to government wide. Applicants who apply will be eligible for positions nationwide and not limited to specific regions.
                          Currently the order of posting announcements will be:
                          o Region 3 – Puerto Rico Posted 2/16/16 - Closed
                          o CI, GS-1811-12 Gov't wide Posted 4/27/2016 - Closed
                          o DUSM GL-0082 07 Gov't wide Posted: June 8, 2016 - Closed
                          o DUSM Recent Graduate Pathways Posting Date: September 2016
                          Max,

How valid is this information? I'm not challenging your information by any means so I apologize if it comes off like that, just wondering where you got that from? Further, do you know how many applications will be accepted? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                            Max,

How valid is this information? I'm not challenging your information by any means so I apologize if it comes off like that, just wondering where you got that from? Further, do you know how many applications will be accepted? Thanks.
                            Pretty sure that's from USMS internal email if I remember correctly.

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

• Anyone have any good intel on what the cutting score mark will be for the assessment we took? I was told from OPM yesterday that we should be hearing something back within 3 to 4 Business weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC85 View Post
                                Anyone have any good intel on what the cutting score mark will be for the assessment we took? I was told from OPM yesterday that we should be hearing something back within 3 to 4 Business weeks.
                                I would think only someone with a HR contact could get that intel. I did just get off the phone with a retired Deputy Marshal (retired this year) and he stated that just under 50% of the current USMS workforce will hit their retirement marks within the next 5 years! He said the USMS did a mass hiring when he was younger and that large group of deputies, including him, are hitting the retirement stage of their career and the USMS is pushing a mass hire again.

Seems like this opportunity comes around roughly every 2-3 decades guys/gals.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14575 users online. 388 members and 14187 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X