Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For recent graduates announcement is it exclusive to undergrad or does it include graduate degrees as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post
      The External Deputy U.S. Marshal Hiring Drive

In partnership with OPM, HRD has begun posting external entry level Deputy US Marshal Announcements. The next announcement will be the Recent Graduate Pathways Program announcement for the entry level DUSM, GL-0082-07 position. This announcement will post as a public announcement and will not be limited to government wide. Applicants who apply will be eligible for positions nationwide and not limited to specific regions.
      Currently the order of posting announcements will be:
      o Region 3 – Puerto Rico Posted 2/16/16 - Closed
      o CI, GS-1811-12 Gov't wide Posted 4/27/2016 - Closed
      o DUSM GL-0082 07 Gov't wide Posted: June 8, 2016 - Closed
      o DUSM Recent Graduate Pathways Posting Date: September 2016
      1 month after my 2 year cut-off... Here's to hoping they push the posting date to Aug 31 lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
        has anyone heard back since applying?

No....

Comment

• Originally posted by Blaxer View Post
          1 month after my 2 year cut-off... Here's to hoping they push the posting date to Aug 31 lol.
          If you're prior military then you get longer than 2 years. You may be able to find the exact amount of time looking online, I just know veterans get longer than 2 years on Pathways.
          USMS timeline
          Applied:June 2016
          Rating 99
          Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
          Fed LEO (6 years)
          USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
          Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• jtl323,

Clear your inbox please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan1371 View Post
              If you're prior military then you get longer than 2 years. You may be able to find the exact amount of time looking online, I just know veterans get longer than 2 years on Pathways.
              6years

Comment

This is true, but not a blanket statement that all veterans will be able to apply outside of the two year window - at least from what I can tell. On the OPM website, it states:

"Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree completion to apply."

So, the way that I understand that is that somebody that graduated two years ago but was then later called to active duty, deployed, mobilized, etc., then they would be able to apply outside of the two year window as they were not able to take advantage of the program due to their military service obligation.

However, if a veteran got out of the military ten years ago and graduated two years and one day from the closing date of the job, then he or she would technically be ineligible to apply under pathways as their ability to apply under the program was affected by something other than their military service (lack of announcements, missed an opportunity to apply, etc.)

Like I said, I could be wrong, but it seems as though an exception is only made when one is unable to apply under pathways due to a military event occurring after graduation. There are presumably a great deal of veterans who would not meet this criterion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean_82 View Post
                  This is true, but not a blanket statement that all veterans will be able to apply outside of the two year window - at least from what I can tell. On the OPM website, it states:

"Veterans unable to apply within two years of receiving their degree, due to military service obligation, have as much as six years after degree completion to apply."

So, the way that I understand that is that somebody that graduated two years ago but was then later called to active duty, deployed, mobilized, etc., then they would be able to apply outside of the two year window as they were not able to take advantage of the program due to their military service obligation.

However, if a veteran got out of the military ten years ago and graduated two years and one day from the closing date of the job, then he or she would technically be ineligible to apply under pathways as their ability to apply under the program was affected by something other than their military service (lack of announcements, missed an opportunity to apply, etc.)

Like I said, I could be wrong, but it seems as though an exception is only made when one is unable to apply under pathways due to a military event occurring after graduation. There are presumably a great deal of veterans who would not meet this criterion.
                  Good find online! I'd probably throw my hat in the ring anyways. Thanks for adding that.
                  USMS timeline
                  Applied:June 2016
                  Rating 99
                  Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
                  Fed LEO (6 years)
                  USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
                  Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• Question about the FIT test. I was informed that the USMS no longer does the sit and reach and body fat portion for those selected for the pre-academy FIT Test. Is it the same in the academy? The run, pushups, and sit-ups are pretty straight forward and obviously important. Not to many agencies left that really have a pass/fail based on flexibility. Didn't know if the other two events were totally removed or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1cowboy View Post
                      Question about the FIT test. I was informed that the USMS no longer does the sit and reach and body fat portion for those selected for the pre-academy FIT Test. Is it the same in the academy? The run, pushups, and sit-ups are pretty straight forward and obviously important. Not to many agencies left that really have a pass/fail based on flexibility. Didn't know if the other two events were totally removed or not.
                      The academy is run on FLETC standards, so yes, you will be required to perform the entire PEB. That's what they told me when I was chatting one of them up in GA last Sept anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                        For recent graduates announcement is it exclusive to undergrad or does it include graduate degrees as well?
                        The pathways is specifically for undergraduate degrees only (barring military time, of course)

Comment

• Originally posted by Phroggy07 View Post
                          The pathways is specifically for undergraduate degrees only (barring military time, of course)
                          I don't believe that is entirely correct. Eligibility for pathways as posted on the OPM website is as follows:

"Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Phroggy07 View Post
                            Unless this is specific to the USMS, that is not true. Those taking graduate classes have been included in pathways announcements in the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean_82 View Post
                              I don't believe that is entirely correct. Eligibility for pathways as posted on the OPM website is as follows:

"Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I stand corrected. I was looked at a posting for another position I had applied for. Must be agency specific.

Comment

Yeah. I'm currently employed under RG in my agency. But unfortunately, I am not prior military, so my 2 years is up on 8/31

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17596 users online. 458 members and 17138 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X