300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
    Most of the RFTF will have ICE involved .
    Absolutely. But the ones I have seen are HSI special agents. Just haven't run into a ICE DO on a USMS TF yet. Not saying it doesn't happen. I am sure it does somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by 6920 View Post
      Absolutely. But the ones I have seen are HSI special agents. Just haven't run into a ICE DO on a USMS TF yet. Not saying it doesn't happen. I am sure it does somewhere.
      I know from watching man hunters ( yes, even I have watched that) that the New York New Jersey RFTF had at least one actual ice removal guy on with them..
      USMS Region 3
      Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
      Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
      Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
      BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
      Medical:2/15/10
      MedicalReview: 4/15/10
      FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
      Drug: 6/5/10
      Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
      Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
      Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
      Written: 12/27/10
      NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
      To:
      Medical:

Comment

• How often does the Marshals service hire DEOs? I think I've only seen 1 opening in like 2 or 3 years

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
          How often does the Marshals service hire DEOs? I think I've only seen 1 opening in like 2 or 3 years

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
          I would say getting hired as a DEO (1802) is more difficult than getting hired as DUSM. Announcements for DEOs are usually for one or two spots in one specific office. Also, the requirements are more stringent. It is very unlikely the USMS will hire someone of the street without the corrections experience required. I have heard from former BOP DUSMS that sometimes thousands of BOP COs have applied for one single DEO spot, even though DEOs are capped at GL-7. Basically to make the BQ list you will need years of corrections or LE experience. There is a rumor that the USMS will eventually eliminate the DEO position by attrition and retirements and DUSMS will take over the DEO duties. You will see a couple of announcements on USA Jobs every few years.

Comment

• Does anyone have an educated guess of when the Pathways may become available?

Comment

• Originally posted by dsw2013 View Post
              Does anyone have an educated guess of when the Pathways may become available?
              If they stay on pace with their timeline.... probably around August. Thus far, it has been a pretty smooth process but you never know if that can change. You can always email them, they actually will respond.
              US MarshalsOPM
              Phone: (816)426-5706
              Email: [email protected]

Comment

• Anyone know what initial background forms USMS uses? SF-86, SF-85p ???

Comment

• I emailed OPM about a possible timeline for this past announcement and this is what they responded with. Figured I would let you all in on the not so secret information. Maybe this will cut down some of the questions for awhile.

"We are in the application review phase. All tests have been completed. Once our review is complete, all applicants will be notified of their status via email. We expect this will take at least 6-8 business weeks."

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC03xx View Post
                    I emailed OPM about a possible timeline for this past announcement and this is what they responded with. Figured I would let you all in on the not so secret information. Maybe this will cut down some of the questions for awhile.

"We are in the application review phase. All tests have been completed. Once our review is complete, all applicants will be notified of their status via email. We expect this will take at least 6-8 business weeks."
                    Outstanding Marine! Thanks for taking the initiative on this. I was about to contact them myself about same matter. Well like most have stated its pretty much a waiting game.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC03xx View Post
                      I emailed OPM about a possible timeline for this past announcement and this is what they responded with. Figured I would let you all in on the not so secret information. Maybe this will cut down some of the questions for awhile.

Leave it to a Marine to get it all squared away. My buddy who is a DUSM also informed me that around mid July we would get word

Comment

• How do you guys think you did on the assessment

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                          How do you guys think you did on the assessment
                          No way for anyone to tell. And who knows how that is graded. I think most questions had an obvious 'correct' answer, but I wouldn't be surprised if you get dinged for putting the obviously correct one on all answers, because you are answering how you think it should be vs. reality.

Prime example was the question about seeing your supervisor driving with his family in his G-ride. I'm fairly certain the absolute correct answer was to report it to his supervisor or the internal review group, however that isn't what I put, as that isn't what I would do. I put that I would confront him the next day and ask him what he was doing. That doesn't make me dishonest or a bad person, that is just what most people would do to their partners.
                          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                            No way for anyone to tell. And who knows how that is graded. I think most questions had an obvious 'correct' answer, but I wouldn't be surprised if you get dinged for putting the obviously correct one on all answers, because you are answering how you think it should be vs. reality.

Prime example was the question about seeing your supervisor driving with his family in his G-ride. I'm fairly certain the absolute correct answer was to report it to his supervisor or the internal review group, however that isn't what I put, as that isn't what I would do. I put that I would confront him the next day and ask him what he was doing. That doesn't make me dishonest or a bad person, that is just what most people would do to their partners.
                            Yea assessments like that are always funny things in and of themselves. Sounds like everyone will know very soon. It would be interesting from an HR perspective to see whom they choose to go the next round. At 5,000 applicants do you go with everyone who got perfect scores (whatever that may be) and review resumes through that route for interviews or do you take a small group from each scoring group?Sounds like you're on the right path Battle by staying true to yourself in terms of your answers. Trying to answer the way one thinks they want it answered is never good.

Comment

• Has any 1811 lateral applicant been given a conditional offer yet? Has anyone heard of a time frame on when they plan to reach out to us?

Comment

• Originally posted by Devron View Post
                                Has any 1811 lateral applicant been given a conditional offer yet? Has anyone heard of a time frame on when they plan to reach out to us?
                                I know 4 1811s that applied. They are all awaiting scheduled interviews that will be occurring over the next two weeks or so.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9812 users online. 367 members and 9445 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X