300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 6920 View Post
    Wasn't it you who had a SDUSM buddy in PR that stated they only interviewed/considered people in PR?

Now this? Do you have any idea how long it would take to run 2000 DUSMs through the academy? SEVERAL YEARS!.. ..year is
    Will there be 2000 new hires over the next decade? Maybe, but probably not.
    Hahaha Okay, so i'm sorry but first what's the point of this forum again? It's to pass along information that we inquire, ask questions, see where other people are in the process, etc. So you're just adding more unnecessary BS to the forum BUT..

I did a 6 month internship with the Marshal service where I made a lot of great connections and friends. I'm currently a federal police officer, and I still occasionally train with the Marshals, and I speak to multiple deputies on a daily basis. So if you would have read the entirety of my post, where I put those capital letters, you know the BIG ones.. I stated that he wasn't sure. (Do you need me to explain on that?)
    Now when I heard 2000, I thought the same thing. But when you truly break it down (MY OPINION) it's possible, unlikely but possible. My friend, this DUSM, said with this upcoming pathways program, this announcement, the criminal investigators announcement, then the DC, and SW border announcement, and the future unknown announcements.. It's possible. BUT he wasn't sure. (JUST WHAT HE HEARD) there's those capital letters again.
    Back to this PR announcement, this is just something I was told, believe me or not. The district of PR has the HIGHEST turn over rate of deputies (FACT). Meaning people get the job then after the first 3 years you are eligible to O-pref.. So the PR district is sick of this, and to combat this they were only hiring qualified candidates that live in Puerto Rico or southern Florida. I don't understand why the 3 of you are having such a difficult time processing this. So if you (really) got a interview for the job, good for you! But did get it? Did anyone on here that's reading this, get the job that wasn't living in those areas? If so, well I guess I was wrong, and also the supervisor that my friend put me in touch with was wrong also. But supervisors don't make hiring calls, they can only help, but they don't have the overall say. That's going to be the, A-chief, the chief, and the Marshal. And they are only going to be given a list from OPM or HQ and they can pick from that list.

This is just some information that was passed along to me. The point of this forum again is to pass along info. I can't wait till this pool weeds some people out. And yes I remember the lcpl underground, but isn't this whole forum that? Hahaha I'm done with this forum,

Good luck everyone and lets keep this positive.
    Last edited by USMC85; 06-19-2016, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Hello everyone - not sure if this thread has moved on from the discussion about the 1811 lateral transfers, but if there are any DUSMs or folks in the know that have some idea as to what offices might be available in Texas, I'd appreciate any info.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post
        4 year old rumor? If you look at all my posts you will see that I do not post rumors. Maybe I am a USMS recruiter and know what I am talking about. You are one of those guys kgov is talking about, you think you know what you are talking about because you have a friend from high school that knows a guy that has a cousin that his girlfriend dated a DUSM 10 years ago.
        Very interesting response. I am a bit surprised by the aggressive nature of your reply. Good natured ribbing at a perceived rumor certainly doesn't rate a personal attack but if that''s how you communicate matters as a recruiter then that is disappointing. For the record, I've always maintained that rumors of application numbers across 1811 jobs tend to be overstated. Anyone can find this information out by simply calling the various HR departments for jobs they applied to and talk to them, it is not like it is TS/SCI information. They will quickly realize the unusually large numbers they hear are more often than not a result of that "underground network" you previously described and not based on any real firsthand information. Without you qualifying where your information comes from it reads as another rumor even though it may not be. I apologize that I clearly offended you; however, not everyone knows who you are or what your role is.
        Last edited by kwaz; 06-20-2016, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Maybe I am a USMS recruiter and know what I am talking about.
          Very quick movement if you are..... because on 11-15-2013, you were a BPA in the BQA list for DUSM...... That's not even 3 years on the job with them....

Not saying you are fibbing about what you know..... just making comments about very quick movement......and the fact that common employees tend not to get info like that from HR folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
            Very quick movement if you are..... because on 11-15-2013, you were a BPA in the BQA list for DUSM...... That's not even 3 years on the job with them....

Not saying you are fibbing about what you know..... just making comments about very quick movement......and the fact that common employees tend not to get info like that from HR folks.
            Do you think you need 15 years in the USMS to be a recruiter? If you go to a small office like mine you will be assigned several collateral duties and not everybody wants the recruiting collateral. Guess who gets stuck with the less than desirable duties, the FNG. And you will get a lot of information from HRD, and I have been posting it. It's idiotic to question the information the current DUSMs provide in here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post

Our Recruiter had been out of the Academy for only a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Devron View Post
                Hello everyone - not sure if this thread has moved on from the discussion about the 1811 lateral transfers, but if there are any DUSMs or folks in the know that have some idea as to what offices might be available in Texas, I'd appreciate any info.
                Draw a line from Dallas south to San Antonio, then S/SE to Corpus. Anything WEST of this line will likely be available.
                USMS Region 3
                Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
                Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
                Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
                BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
                Medical:2/15/10
                MedicalReview: 4/15/10
                FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
                Drug: 6/5/10
                Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
                Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
                Written: 12/27/10
                NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
                To:
                Medical:

Comment

• 2000 DUSMs in a fiscal year is almost impossible. Just from a training stand point.

That's 4 CITP classes per week (about the Fletc Max) for 7 months straight. No other agencies would be allowed to get slots for CITP at that training rate.

I couldn't even imagine the Add-on and what USMS cadre is capable of sustaining. (Definitely not that much). I'd say maybe 2 CITP classes per month that's about 270 new hires a year.

Comment

• tumblr_mqs7om1zx21rcv25eo1_400.jpg

Can we get back to the information portion of our forum please?
                    USMS Region 3

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                    To:
                    Medical:

Comment

• Originally posted by FTRSA View Post
                      2000 DUSMs in a fiscal year is almost impossible. Just from a training stand point.

That's 4 CITP classes per week (about the Fletc Max) for 7 months straight. No other agencies would be allowed to get slots for CITP at that training rate.

I couldn't even imagine the Add-on and what USMS cadre is capable of sustaining. (Definitely not that much). I'd say maybe 2 CITP classes per month that's about 270 new hires a year.
                      Much more realistic.

Not to mention the fact that 2000 DUSMs combined with our current DUSMs would far exceed the maximum budgeted manpower strength of the agency. Current estimations put us at ~800 positions down, plus or minus 200.
                      USMS Region 3

To:
                      Medical:

Comment

• Originally posted by DUSMthing View Post
                        Our Recruiter had been out of the Academy for only a year.
                        My....how things have changed.

Mine had almost 15 on when he took the position. He was recruiter and Co-OP dude......along with his normal duties.

Having newbies do stuff like that isn't good.....

Comment

• A recruiter emailed me the latest announcement 2 days after it closed.

What a worthless billet.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you think you need 15 years in the USMS to be a recruiter? If you go to a small office like mine you will be assigned several collateral duties and not everybody wants the recruiting collateral. Guess who gets stuck with the less than desirable duties, the FNG. And you will get a lot of information from HRD, and I have been posting it. It's idiotic to question the information the current DUSMs provide in here.
                            I tend to question newbies OTJ job because most don’t get assignments right off the bat when coming into a new office…..

I damn sure wouldn’t give those duties to anyone in my Dept…….

As for stuff coming from USMS HR…..laughable at best at times. I’ve discussed support positions (GS14/15 level stuff) with them and they were clueless on specifics….. to the point I gave up.

Comment

Because everyone on here knows you're a DUSMS recruiter it's so obvious in your handle *rolls eyes*
                              Last edited by kwaz; 06-20-2016, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC85 View Post
                                Hahaha Okay, so i'm sorry but first what's the point of this forum again? It's to pass along information that we inquire, ask questions, see where other people are in the process, etc. So you're just adding more unnecessary BS to the forum BUT..

I did a 6 month internship with the Marshal service where I made a lot of great connections and friends. I'm currently a federal police officer, and I still occasionally train with the Marshals, and I speak to multiple deputies on a daily basis. So if you would have read the entirety of my post, where I put those capital letters, you know the BIG ones.. I stated that he wasn't sure. (Do you need me to explain on that?)
                                Now when I heard 2000, I thought the same thing. But when you truly break it down (MY OPINION) it's possible, unlikely but possible. My friend, this DUSM, said with this upcoming pathways program, this announcement, the criminal investigators announcement, then the DC, and SW border announcement, and the future unknown announcements.. It's possible. BUT he wasn't sure. (JUST WHAT HE HEARD) there's those capital letters again.
                                Back to this PR announcement, this is just something I was told, believe me or not. The district of PR has the HIGHEST turn over rate of deputies (FACT). Meaning people get the job then after the first 3 years you are eligible to O-pref.. So the PR district is sick of this, and to combat this they were only hiring qualified candidates that live in Puerto Rico or southern Florida. I don't understand why the 3 of you are having such a difficult time processing this. So if you (really) got a interview for the job, good for you! But did get it? Did anyone on here that's reading this, get the job that wasn't living in those areas? If so, well I guess I was wrong, and also the supervisor that my friend put me in touch with was wrong also. But supervisors don't make hiring calls, they can only help, but they don't have the overall say. That's going to be the, A-chief, the chief, and the Marshal. And they are only going to be given a list from OPM or HQ and they can pick from that list.

This is just some information that was passed along to me. The point of this forum again is to pass along info. I can't wait till this pool weeds some people out. And yes I remember the lcpl underground, but isn't this whole forum that? Hahaha I'm done with this forum,

Good luck everyone and lets keep this positive.
                                The point is not to have a former intern post opinions that others will take as fact. There are career guys answering questions here with years to decades of experience. Some are recruiters, some might be on interview panels, and some might even supervise or run districts. Some just have solid info to pass on to those who are looking for it.

So no, this forum isn't supposed to be the LCPL rumor mill. It's supposed to be useful info for those looking for it.

And to whoever said district recruiters have 15+ years on, that is definitely not the case. Every office I have been in the average was 3-5 years on. Its a tough collateral duty with more questions than answers. But the recruiters along with management are getting info from HQ and HRD. This info can and does change for various reasons along the way.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9756 users online. 352 members and 9404 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X