300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
    You guys should hear something early July. The USMS has been processing very fast these last announcements. I honestly wouldn't doubt if the USMS already know the top assessment scores. That assessement helps out a lot because its all machine.
    thank you!

Comment

• Yeah thanks for the update Njw85. I have to admitt I am getting nervous about this whole process. Nothing bad, just realizing how competitive it is, we're going up against a ton of well qualified candidates. Making it to selection itself will be quite a feat.

Comment

• Originally posted by 0341USMC View Post
        Yeah thanks for the update Njw85. I have to admitt I am getting nervous about this whole process. Nothing bad, just realizing how competitive it is, we're going up against a ton of well qualified candidates. Making it to selection itself will be quite a feat.
        That's why your best to just assume you were denied the job and go about your business as if it never happened. Obsessing over it will just drive you nuts and is not productive. Best of luck friend.

Edit: I meant that in the most positive way!
        Last edited by kwaz; 06-18-2016, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• Deleted....
          Last edited by CW017; 06-18-2016, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
            Life isn't fair. Some people get better shots. Are the responses to your question going to change how you apply? No, so just apply and cross your fingers and stop worrying about how other are getting a 'better chance' than you, and be the best applicant that you can be.
            Why so negative??? I was hoping this was a safe space for us to ask questions and receive answers.

Comment

• Originally posted by CW017 View Post
              Why so negative??? I was hoping this was a safe space for us to ask questions and receive answers.
              It's not negativity, it's getting sick of people crying on here about not getting picked and the process is so unfair. ðŸ˜*
              Ask a reasonable question (that wasn't recently answered) and you will get an answer. There are quite a few DUSMs on here that are willing to answer questions, but at least 40% of the stuff I've read on here is complete BS. Unfortunately, that doesn't stop the poster from saying it's fact because they know someone somewhere and calling out current DUSMs saying they are wrong.

There are enough idiots already, no need to argue with them on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by CW017 View Post
                There sre plenty of safe spaces for you CPW, such as universities where TRUMP2016 chalk on the sidewalk makes students jump out their 11th story dorms to end it all. And it sounds like Glynco Georgia seems like quite the safe space for you, 2 hours of work per 10 hour day. You should go taunt those in your hiring thread
                UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Battlewagon, For more clarity on this... It wasn't intended to be anything other than some questions. When my buddy said he had obligations that kept him from getting to apply (his fault), we began to talk about the Pathways Program coming up. With his background I assumed he may have slightly better odds among fewer eligible applicants. That is all man.

Luckily for me, I got my application in and will also be able to do the Pathways announcement too. But here is a question pertaining to me. Does anyone think the Marshals will hold my application status while I get deployed in FY17 and pick up were I left off, or is it more likely I miss my shot? I might be the only guy on here hoping for a 2-3 year process!

Comment

• Originally posted by ls1_oklahoma View Post
                    Battlewagon, For more clarity on this... It wasn't intended to be anything other than some questions. When my buddy said he had obligations that kept him from getting to apply (his fault), we began to talk about the Pathways Program coming up. With his background I assumed he may have slightly better odds among fewer eligible applicants. That is all man.

Luckily for me, I got my application in and will also be able to do the Pathways announcement too. But here is a question pertaining to me. Does anyone think the Marshals will hold my application status while I get deployed in FY17 and pick up were I left off, or is it more likely I miss my shot? I might be the only guy on here hoping for a 2-3 year process!
                    Actually, I'm in the same boat literally. I'm scheduled to be out from the beginning of 17 to near the end. I'm hoping it works out for the both of us.
                    "You're either getting better or you're getting worse, you never just stay the same"

Coach Woody Hayes

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                      Max, I won't debate you over the merits of a 4 year old internet rumor
                      4 year old rumor? If you look at all my posts you will see that I do not post rumors. Maybe I am a USMS recruiter and know what I am talking about. You are one of those guys kgov is talking about, you think you know what you are talking about because you have a friend from high school that knows a guy that has a cousin that his girlfriend dated a DUSM 10 years ago.

Comment

• Did anyone receive a tentative offer email for the PR announcement? If so, what is your status?

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC85 View Post
                          So, back to the main topic of this thread, and enough with the B.S. BUT, I was told from one of my good friends who is a deputy during training we did last week that he heard that they are planning to hire 2,000 people. This is due to 25% of the usms is up for mandatory retirement, and the current lack of manpower. NOW, he wasn't 100% on this so take it for what it is..(MEANING HE'S NOT FOR SURE) but I thought it would be some positive info to pass along. Good luck everyone, and lets keep this thread on topic and not argue about veteran pref. points. Us arguing on here doesn't help or do anything for anyone. When people start getting their "non-referral/disqualified" letters this thread will hopefully get much better. Also in the end, if you get picked up, you get picked up. End of story.

Semper Fi to my fellow devil dogs on here.

Wasn't it you who had a SDUSM buddy in PR that stated they only interviewed/considered people in PR?

Now this? Do you have any idea how long it would take to run 2000 DUSMs through the academy? SEVERAL YEARS!

There will be all sorts of hiring methods utilized in the near future, but I will be completely shocked to see any more than 4 basic classes a year go through FLETC. There isn't the infrastructure for it. Even 4 a year is pushing it. Given how we seem to start out with a CR every FY, that will slow it down as well.

Will there be 2000 new hires over the next decade? Maybe, but probably not.

Comment

• With all the bashing and arguing on this thread, let us fall back to happier times, February 23, 2016, and enjoy this nugget of joy presented to you via the sporadic forum wisdom of do_some (in replying to talk of getting stuck at Super Court, Puerto Rico, etc. as your 1st office assignment):

"Wrong! Most assignments will be at tight-knit sub offices with low cost of living. However... even if you do land at PR, Super Court or SW border, your stay there won't be long. Think two years. Three at most, and if you do three, you get to choose wherever you want in the Marshals Service! If you opt to do four years, you will probably be a K-9 handler or supervisor by then. Rainbows of gold will shoot from your butt as you slowly transform into a mighty unicorn who spends most of his time on a giant yacht being served premium alcohol by supermodels. "

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

• I'm so curious to know how this hiring wave will differ from the 2012 list.

Part of me hopes it will be more streamlined and quicker, but another part of me knows it'll be just as ****ed.

Does anyone have a timeline of the PR announcement?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

• maybe someone can help answer my question. Previously, it was stated the USMS would be hiring by region... with that being said, since this announcement is a nationwide hire, will there be any input as to where we are placed or is it like the military where they send you wherever they please? lol

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6658 users online. 243 members and 6415 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X