Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who have been in the hiring process before how soon can we expect to receive the notice of results for the assessment we took?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
      Instead I served 4 years as a Border Patrol Agent on the south west border.

Like I said before, I am not bashing vets. I am against a hiring process the purposefully excludes all non-vets based solely on vet status.

Good luck in the hiring process.
      And got to go home every night all while making your GS 12. Where a 20 year vet with 6 deployments get hired as a gs 7. Poor you.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
        Instead I served 4 years as a Border Patrol Agent on the south west border.

Like I said before, I am not bashing vets. I am against a hiring process the purposefully excludes all non-vets based solely on vet status.

Good luck in the hiring process.
        I did over 6 in the Patrol myself, and the two experiences couldn't be further apart.

Like previously stated, the most efficient way (while also avoiding getting hemmed up in veterans rights issues as evidenced by the BP trainee that completely ruined the FCIP) is to go vets pref off the top.

Keep on keeping on man. You'll escape sooner or later!

Comment

• So, back to the main topic of this thread, and enough with the B.S. BUT, I was told from one of my good friends who is a deputy during training we did last week that he heard that they are planning to hire 2,000 people. This is due to 25% of the usms is up for mandatory retirement, and the current lack of manpower. NOW, he wasn't 100% on this so take it for what it is..(MEANING HE'S NOT FOR SURE) but I thought it would be some positive info to pass along. Good luck everyone, and lets keep this thread on topic and not argue about veteran pref. points. Us arguing on here doesn't help or do anything for anyone. When people start getting their "non-referral/disqualified" letters this thread will hopefully get much better. Also in the end, if you get picked up, you get picked up. End of story.

Semper Fi to my fellow devil dogs on here.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
            I personally like using my own resume. I think it speaks to a candidates competency with Word and formatting. Then again there is no way of telling if they did it themselves or hired an outside company.
            I think so to. They determine more of your character that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC85 View Post
              So, back to the main topic of this thread, and enough with the B.S. BUT, I was told from one of my good friends who is a deputy during training we did last week that he heard that they are planning to hire 2,000 people. This is due to 25% of the usms is up for mandatory retirement, and the current lack of manpower. NOW, he wasn't 100% on this so take it for what it is..(MEANING HE'S NOT FOR SURE) but I thought it would be some positive info to pass along. Good luck everyone, and lets keep this thread on topic and not argue about veteran pref. points. Us arguing on here doesn't help or do anything for anyone. When people start getting their "non-referral/disqualified" letters this thread will hopefully get much better. Also in the end, if you get picked up, you get picked up. End of story.

Regardless if its true or not, I'm always positive. Thanks for a possible heads up.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC85 View Post
                So, back to the main topic of this thread, and enough with the B.S. BUT, I was told from one of my good friends who is a deputy during training we did last week that he heard that they are planning to hire 2,000 people. This is due to 25% of the usms is up for mandatory retirement, and the current lack of manpower. NOW, he wasn't 100% on this so take it for what it is..(MEANING HE'S NOT FOR SURE) but I thought it would be some positive info to pass along. Good luck everyone, and lets keep this thread on topic and not argue about veteran pref. points. Us arguing on here doesn't help or do anything for anyone. When people start getting their "non-referral/disqualified" letters this thread will hopefully get much better. Also in the end, if you get picked up, you get picked up. End of story.

Hey fellow devil dog, do you remember in basic training the term "recruit underground network?" Ya know when rumors spread through the platoon like wild fire? When I hear numbers that seem unbelievably large, such as the 2000 hires your buddy mentioned, or when someone says there were over 30k applicants for a couple hundred spots and it was only open for 24 hours it always makes me think of that. It's been my experience that often times the applicant numbers and actual spots available for these jobs are drastically overstated. Your buddy maybe right but 2000 seems like an awfully high number.

Comment

Hey fellow devil dog, do you remember in basic training the term "recruit underground network?" Ya know when rumors spread through the platoon like wild fire? When I hear numbers that seem unbelievably large, such as the 2000 hires your buddy mentioned, or when someone says there were over 30k applicants for a couple hundred spots and it was only open for 24 hours it always makes me think of that. It's been my experience that often times the applicant numbers and actual spots available for these jobs are drastically overstated. Your buddy maybe right but 2000 seems like an awfully high number.
                  I agree on the numbers. There's not many more than 3K or so DUSM's anyway (Could be wrong, worth looking up). I wouldn't recommend anyone getting too excited.

Comment

The 30K+ apps in 24 hours is not a rumor, it is a fact. It happened during the 2012 open announcement, the USA jobs website crashed 30 mins after midnight, close to 36K apps were received in 24 hours. Now, the 2,000 DUSMs rumor is far from the truth. They are looking to hire maybe 250 during the next 3 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post
                      The 30K+ apps in 24 hours is not a rumor, it is a fact. It happened during the 2012 open announcement, the USA jobs website crashed 30 mins after midnight, close to 36K apps were received in 24 hours. Now, the 2,000 DUSMs rumor is far from the truth. They are looking to hire maybe 250 during the next 3 years.
                      Max, I won't debate you over the merits of a 4 year old internet rumor

Comment

• Here is a scenario if someone has insight, opinion, or a rumor. Has it been confirmed that if you apply to the different postings you would essentially have another shot at the application process? With that, the assessment score is good for a year. So, if one was to fail and still met the requirements for the Pathways announcement, it is safe to say that applying would be pointless. Referencing the applicants from the PR announcement not having to take the assessment again for those that passed. Including the fact it said boldly the score will be good for one year.

To complicate this further, wouldn't you assume interviews and physical tests would be similar? Imagine a veteran with 10 point preference and a recent graduate that qualified for Pathways. His chances of excelling among a smaller number of applicants would be greater, compared to the thousands for the recent announcement. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by ls1_oklahoma View Post
                          Imagine a veteran with 10 point preference and a recent graduate that qualified for Pathways. His chances of excelling among a smaller number of applicants would be greater, compared to the thousands for the recent announcement. Thoughts?
                          Life isn't fair. Some people get better shots. Are the responses to your question going to change how you apply? No, so just apply and cross your fingers and stop worrying about how other are getting a 'better chance' than you, and be the best applicant that you can be.
                          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                            Life isn't fair. Some people get better shots. Are the responses to your question going to change how you apply? No, so just apply and cross your fingers and stop worrying about how other are getting a 'better chance' than you, and be the best applicant that you can be.
                            Thanks for the response, but this isn't for me. My buddy missed the recent announcement. I told him don't miss the next one, and these questions began to come up. I'll be sure to note, that life isn't fair. Now the thread can go back to being off topic.

Comment

• when should we expect a response for the online assessment? i know it's soon but I'm just curious about time frames

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                                when should we expect a response for the online assessment? i know it's soon but I'm just curious about time frames
                                You guys should hear something early July. The USMS has been processing very fast these last announcements. I honestly wouldn't doubt if the USMS already know the top assessment scores. That assessement helps out a lot because its all machine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7967 users online. 300 members and 7667 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X