300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NC_Mtnman View Post
    Is there any intel on what PR is like or what other districts are like in the lower 48?
    The other thread has plenty of intel in regard to this question. Nutshell: PR, Border and DC mostly fit this description, are hardest to fill, and it appears as though this new way seeks to fill them first.

If you don't want these districts, don't worry. The 300 applications for any of these offices will easily be filled within 24 hours by those who want to work for us and are looking for a way in.

Comment

Originally posted by do_some View Post

If you don't want these districts, don't worry. The 300 applications for any of these offices will easily be filled within 24 hours by those who want to work for us and are looking for a way in.
      For those applying..... what are the chances of getting out of PR in 3-5 years....or are they stuck...?

Just curious.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
        For those applying..... what are the chances of getting out of PR in 3-5 years....or are they stuck...?

Just curious.....
        Nobody knows the future. Ask yourself: "If I was stuck there for 10 years, could I tolerate it?" If the answer is 'no,' kindly make way for someone else.

Comment

And that is why I applied.

Comment

Nobody knows the future. Ask yourself: "If I was stuck there for 10 years, could I tolerate it?" If the answer is 'no,' kindly make way for someone else.
            While I don't disagree with what you said, it really doesn't answer the question. On the whole, what are the odds of being able to transfer from one office to another? Are hard-to-fill locations easier or more difficult to transfer out of? There has to be some light you can shed on the issue.

ICE guys don't have any problem telling you that, as it stands now, if you are in a border location, you aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Is that the same for the USMS?

Comment

Just tossing that out there for others that are applying...... who think it might be a great way in and get stuck in PR forever.

Just like with HSI being stuck in the SW for a million years.......

Folks need to know what they are getting into before wasting someone else's slot.....

Comment

Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                While I don't disagree with what you said, it really doesn't answer the question. On the whole, what are the odds of being able to transfer from one office to another? Are hard-to-fill locations easier or more difficult to transfer out of? There has to be some light you can shed on the issue.

ICE guys don't have any problem telling you that, as it stands now, if you are in a border location, you aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Is that the same for the USMS?
                If anybody tells you that you just have to "do your time," they are out of touch. You won't be out in 3, 5, or whatever. There won't be anybody at HQ that says, "you know, its not fair that these guys have been there for 8 years, maybe we should give them a break, etc." Assume that if you go there, that's where the job is, that's where you are needed, that's where you are in demand, and that's where you are staying for the foreseeable future, with VERY few exceptions. But no matter how I answer this question, it's almost always interpreted in the "Dumb and Dumber" way: So you're saying there's a chance! Sure, Lloyd. Sure.

Comment

If anybody tells you that you just have to "do your time," they are out of touch. You won't be out in 3, 5, or whatever. There won't be anybody at HQ that says, "you know, its not fair that these guys have been there for 8 years, maybe we should give them a break, etc." Assume that if you go there, that's where the job is, that's where you are needed, that's where you are in demand, and that's where you are staying for the foreseeable future, with VERY few exceptions. But no matter how I answer this question, it's almost always interpreted in the "Dumb and Dumber" way: So you're saying there's a chance! Sure, Lloyd. Sure.
                  In my opinion, that is the type of response people need to see. Sure, there are always going to be the Lloyd's out there that feel they are the special snowflake and that the rules won't apply to them.

Comment

Assume that if you go there, that's where the job is, that's where you are needed, that's where you are in demand, and that's where you are staying for the foreseeable future, with VERY few exceptions.
                    And that was what I was getting at..... if you take a location like this......it could be a long, long time before you're back in the in the 48.....

Comment

Originally posted by 3.14 Beans View Post
                      In my opinion, that is the type of response people need to see. Sure, there are always going to be the Lloyd's out there that feel they are the special snowflake and that the rules won't apply to them.

Wanna take a guess on how many Lloyd's applied for this position......?

Check "Do Some" prior posting about newbee's in his office (or wherever he saw them) on USAJOBs after just getting there......

I've seen it as well at my place...... Hire some dude from the States, PCS them over, and less than 6 weeks later you see them on USAJOBs because they don't like it here, don't like the city (want to move to another city in country because of a 100 different reasons), or their old ladies are not happy...... SMFH.
                      Last edited by Bearcat357; 02-16-2016, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGdhc9k07Ms

Comment

Comment

Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGdhc9k07Ms
                            LOL... I love that clip. Also, the clip that played right after that is another of my all-time faves... it was the Herm Edwards "Play to win the game" speech.

Comment

I'd go anywhere in the SWB. Last time I applied was when the USMS used the FCIP. Got dq'd by medical as my injuries from the Marines were deemed to serious and recent. Well my arm has grown back lol so to speak. Looking for another shot. I'm a current fed, 10pt vet, bachelor's degree and speak 3 languages. Thanks for all the info that the DUSM provide.
                              Last edited by CriticalOperator; 02-16-2016, 01:57 PM. Reason: Quoted the wrong person

Comment

I think a lot of people are looking for good work and a positive team. After spending 5 years on the SWB I know the value that those two simple yet influential items can have on a person.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10679 users online. 444 members and 10235 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X