Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If someone didn't get the assessment how can they resubmit their answers? I thought once a hiring announcement closes you could no longer do that .

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
      If someone didn't get the assessment how can they resubmit their answers? I thought once a hiring announcement closes you could no longer do that .

You have 48 hours after the job announcement close date to complete the assessments. If this email was sent to you after the job announcement has closed, you have 48 hours after this email was sent to complete the assessments.

Comment

• Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
        You have 48 hours after the job announcement close date to complete the assessments. If this email was sent to you after the job announcement has closed, you have 48 hours after this email was sent to complete the assessments.
        Yeah so I'm assuming if someone didn't get an assessment they probably didnt answer the application questions correctly

Comment

• You can't...

Comment

• Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
            Yeah so I'm assuming if someone didn't get an assessment they probably didnt answer the application questions correctly

I'd still email OPM just in case....beat waiting a few years for the next opening.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by M-11 View Post
              The undertaking for HR is huge.

First, they have to sort through all applications to see who did not submit the required paperwork. Then sort the remaining into different certificates: Veterans Eligibility, Other Persons eligible for hiring under special authorities..., and then everyone left, Etc...

Each applicant has a "Score" in the USA Jobs machine from their answers on the assessment. These scores can be used to form a rough version of "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified", and Qualified groups. But remember, resume's haven't even been looked at.

Now, HR personnel (Not machines like many think) have to go resume by resume and see if the info from each applicant jives with the results of their survey.

This is a horrible process because of the Automatic Applications some people use that apply for jobs set off search parameters that are not always accurate. Say I want to apply for any 1811 position that is a GS 13 or higher and I set my account to apply for me. If there is a position for a Bakers Apprentice that has "1811" in it as part of the address or phone number, my automatic robot applies for me.

So once the HR folks make it through all the assessment data and check all the resumes for parity, then they can actually start looking to determine ( Based off assessments) the file line between Best, well, and just Qualified.

With 9000 applicants there will be multiple HR offices engaged, that have to meet periodically to make sure they are all grading in a comparable way. Then each office has to contribute their three different graded certificates (Best, well, and just qualified) to make a giant Master certificate of each type.

Then the individual certificates will be sorted for Veterans Points within themselves. So there will be 30% Disabled vets at the top of the "Best Qualified cert, followed by 10 Point, then 5 point vets and so on. The same for "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Now the HR folks have to sort the certificates again by requested location, to come up with a "Local" version of all the certificates, to give to the individual Hiring officials.

Individual Hiring Officials will get only the "Best Qualified" cert unless there are less than a predetermined number of candidates ( usually 3 or 5) if there are only 2 candidates in the "Best Qualified" cert, they will also receive the "Well Qualified certificate.

The Hiring Official can:

Read the resume's and other documents and pick their candidates.

Read the resume's and other documents and set up interviews.

Find something wrong with each candidate on the cert, reject them all and request the next cert.

This is where Applicants come into play again.

There are so many moving pieces, with so many people it takes a longggggggggg time.

Be patient.

M-11

HR will call the select
              Yeah... So, I don't think that's right. First all our assessment questions will be graded automatically through machine. Then let's say they take everyone who scored a 90% or better, then another machine will pull all resumes with all the keywords. Then when that's done, I'm sure they will automatically pull all applications with the correct uploaded documents. I'm sure it will be people who are 10pt vets that have SF-50s, and college degrees. Then I'm "GUESSING" that's when a real person comes in. The Marshal service knows that they are hurting for manpower from the mess-up from last hiring process.

The reason I think this is because during the PR opening. I know my resume didn't even get looked at. I know they only hired people that lived in and around the PR area.. So the automatic machine only pulled candidates that lived in Puerto Rico or southern FL.

Hahaha and plus I'm sorry but where the heck do you see, and how do you have your USAjobs automatically apply for you?! They can't do that.. You know that little box you have to click "I understand and fully except that all the answers are true" box.. A human has to be the one to mark that little box..
              Last edited by USMC85; 06-10-2016, 03:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC85 View Post
                The reason I think this is because during the PR opening. I know my resume didn't even get looked at. I know they only hired people that lived in and around the PR area.. So the automatic machine only pulled candidates that lived in Puerto Rico or southern FL.
                I received an invite to interview for the PR announcement and live very far from both the island and southern FL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean_82 View Post
                  I received an invite to interview for the PR announcement and live very far from both the island and southern FL.
                  I interviewed in Arlington took the physical and they were in the process of finishing my background for the PR announcement and I'm in Oklahoma.

Comment

• http://www.hanford.gov/files.cfm/HOW...BS_ACCOUNT.pdf

You still have to click "Apply" and answer the questionnaire. Many people do not read the details and apply for things they do not mean to.

There is no "Keyword" search function, and Veterans points are not assessed until "Best Qualified, Well Qualified and Qualified, have been grouped and QC'd.

Documents have to be visually checked, no way to automatically pull them in the beginning, as people upload their DD214 in the "Other" field and things like that all the time.

There is no "Percentage Score" A presidential memorandum issued on May 11 2010 made ranking eligible candidates by predetermined quality categories, rather than numeric score mandatory.
                    Last edited by M-11; 06-10-2016, 07:08 AM.
                    “All men dream...... But not equally..
                    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Yeah... So, I don't think that's right. First all our assessment questions will be graded automatically through machine. Then let's say they take everyone who scored a 90% or better, then another machine will pull all resumes with all the keywords. Then when that's done, I'm sure they will automatically pull all applications with the correct uploaded documents. I'm sure it will be people who are 10pt vets that have SF-50s, and college degrees. Then I'm "GUESSING" that's when a real person comes in. The Marshal service knows that they are hurting for manpower from the mess-up from last hiring process.

Hahaha and plus I'm sorry but where the heck do you see, and how do you have your USAjobs automatically apply for you?! They can't do that.. You know that little box you have to click "I understand and fully except that all the answers are true" box.. A human has to be the one to mark that little box..

Let me get this straight. ..somehow you magically know more about the process because you did NOT get hired, versus a guy that has been through a federal hiring process?

GTFOH

Comment

I know they only hired people that lived in and around the PR area.. So the automatic machine only pulled candidates that lived in Puerto Rico or southern FL.
                        That is not a factual statement. I personally know 3 people not even remotely close to FL/PR that got resumes pulled and were interviewed.....

Comment

• since most posts being made right now are people 100% speculating and guessing and some sour people who didn't get hired, but are presenting their speculation as fact, how about no more posts until the next relevant emails come out related to the announcement?
                          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                            since most posts being made right now are people 100% speculating and guessing and some sour people who didn't get hired, but are presenting their speculation as fact, how about no more posts until the next relevant emails come out related to the announcement?
                            Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Listen, I'm not trying to be an *** here but in reality it doesn't matter if you are a federal government employee past or present or not one at all. Unless you're an employee of the Marshals HR office you have no clue how they are going about this process (not talking to anyone in particular just talking in general). It is all just mere speculation so let's not try and pass that off as facts. The reality is my agency may handle the hiring process completely different than say Bearcats, and his agency may handle it a completely different way than Battlewagons. The reality is no one knows and there really is no point in guessing. What is clear to me is it will be quite a while before anyone hears anything. That and if the 9000 applications statement is true that's about 4000 that will go right in the trash as the announcement was pretty clear about the cutoff number. What would be nice and I've never seen anyone do this ever is send an auto generated email to numbers 5001-whatever the final number was and inform them they missed the cut. Not going to happen but it should.

Comment

• No way! Let's keep this goat rope going!

There's nothing better than checking the forum on my lunch break to see Bearcat locking on some motivated albeit misinformed young applicant.

On a side note: I was wondering what my chances are at being picked up with USMS. I'm a former Devgru Operator with an MA in Criminal Justice and a J.D. I also have mad ninja skills. 15 point vet and current 1811 SES.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7601 users online. 370 members and 7231 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X