Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A waiting game, just like any other civil service job. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, apply to as many state and local agencies you can, work on your degree, volunteer, pad the resume and keep in shape.

Comment

• Applied... Masters, currently on the job with a municipality, and I have prior federal leo time with Cbp as an 11... Let's see what happens... Usms hasn't hired in a very long time.. Last I remember was 8 years ago?

Comment

• I wonder how many total apps the USMS received? Anybody know, 6 or 7 thousand maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
          I wonder how many total apps the USMS received? Anybody know, 6 or 7 thousand maybe?
          Over 9000.

Let's keep it on one thread, no need to ask on the 12 thread.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost2Apathy View Post
            Over 9000.

Let's keep it on one thread, no need to ask on the 12 thread.

Any of you guys receive the assessment test yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
              Any of you guys receive the assessment test yet?
              I didn't initially, then I resubmitted my application and I got the email stating I already had an assessment on file from the PR announcement.

Check your spam, resubmit, and if those fail, email OPM.

Comment

• If 9000 is accurate that means 4,000 people wasted their time by waiting until the last minute.

Like I said in an earlier post it could be 9000 or 19000 apps, but by the time folks take that assessment test that number quickly drops. One would be amazed at the number of people who do not know or have forgotten basic grammar skills.
                Last edited by kwaz; 06-09-2016, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tc05sti View Post
                  Applied... Masters, currently on the job with a municipality, and I have prior federal leo time with Cbp as an 11... Let's see what happens... Usms hasn't hired in a very long time.. Last I remember was 8 years ago?
                  No they made hirings from a 2012 Announcement. Classmate left BP from the 2012 hiring and actually talked to a DUSM at lunch today who was eating in his uniform polo, he was from the 2012 announcement as well. They weren't picked up until 2014 due to hiring freezes.
                  UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                  "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by bobsmith$ View Post
                    Anyone know when the results from the assessment test will be sent out?

They don't get "sent", you will see the results on the application manager. Mine says,, assessment complete Awaiting results. During the 2012 process mine said awaiting results until well after I had made the BQ list.....

Comment

• The undertaking for HR is huge.

First, they have to sort through all applications to see who did not submit the required paperwork. Then sort the remaining into different certificates: Veterans Eligibility, Other Persons eligible for hiring under special authorities..., and then everyone left, Etc...

Each applicant has a "Score" in the USA Jobs machine from their answers on the assessment. These scores can be used to form a rough version of "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified", and Qualified groups. But remember, resume's haven't even been looked at.

Now, HR personnel (Not machines like many think) have to go resume by resume and see if the info from each applicant jives with the results of their survey.

This is a horrible process because of the Automatic Applications some people use that apply for jobs set off search parameters that are not always accurate. Say I want to apply for any 1811 position that is a GS 13 or higher and I set my account to apply for me. If there is a position for a Bakers Apprentice that has "1811" in it as part of the address or phone number, my automatic robot applies for me.

So once the HR folks make it through all the assessment data and check all the resumes for parity, then they can actually start looking to determine ( Based off assessments) the file line between Best, well, and just Qualified.

With 9000 applicants there will be multiple HR offices engaged, that have to meet periodically to make sure they are all grading in a comparable way. Then each office has to contribute their three different graded certificates (Best, well, and just qualified) to make a giant Master certificate of each type.

Then the individual certificates will be sorted for Veterans Points within themselves. So there will be 30% Disabled vets at the top of the "Best Qualified cert, followed by 10 Point, then 5 point vets and so on. The same for "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Now the HR folks have to sort the certificates again by requested location, to come up with a "Local" version of all the certificates, to give to the individual Hiring officials.

Individual Hiring Officials will get only the "Best Qualified" cert unless there are less than a predetermined number of candidates ( usually 3 or 5) if there are only 2 candidates in the "Best Qualified" cert, they will also receive the "Well Qualified certificate.

The Hiring Official can:

Read the resume's and other documents and pick their candidates.

Read the resume's and other documents and set up interviews.

Find something wrong with each candidate on the cert, reject them all and request the next cert.

This is where Applicants come into play again.

There are so many moving pieces, with so many people it takes a longggggggggg time.

Be patient.

M-11

HR will call the select
                      “All men dream...... But not equally..
                      Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
                      but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
                      for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

• Originally posted by bobsmith$ View Post
                        Anyone know when the results from the assessment test will be sent out?

They don't get "sent", you will see the results on the application manager. Mine says,, assessment complete Awaiting results

Comment

• Originally posted by M-11 View Post
                          The undertaking for HR is huge.

First, they have to sort through all applications to see who did not submit the required paperwork. Then sort the remaining into different certificates: Veterans Eligibility, Other Persons eligible for hiring under special authorities..., and then everyone left, Etc...

Each applicant has a "Score" in the USA Jobs machine from their answers on the assessment. These scores can be used to form a rough version of "Best Qualified", "Well Qualified", and Qualified groups. But remember, resume's haven't even been looked at.

Now, HR personnel (Not machines like many think) have to go resume by resume and see if the info from each applicant jives with the results of their survey.

This is a horrible process because of the Automatic Applications some people use that apply for jobs set off search parameters that are not always accurate. Say I want to apply for any 1811 position that is a GS 13 or higher and I set my account to apply for me. If there is a position for a Bakers Apprentice that has "1811" in it as part of the address or phone number, my automatic robot applies for me.

So once the HR folks make it through all the assessment data and check all the resumes for parity, then they can actually start looking to determine ( Based off assessments) the file line between Best, well, and just Qualified.

With 9000 applicants there will be multiple HR offices engaged, that have to meet periodically to make sure they are all grading in a comparable way. Then each office has to contribute their three different graded certificates (Best, well, and just qualified) to make a giant Master certificate of each type.

Then the individual certificates will be sorted for Veterans Points within themselves. So there will be 30% Disabled vets at the top of the "Best Qualified cert, followed by 10 Point, then 5 point vets and so on. The same for "Well Qualified" and "Qualified". Now the HR folks have to sort the certificates again by requested location, to come up with a "Local" version of all the certificates, to give to the individual Hiring officials.

Individual Hiring Officials will get only the "Best Qualified" cert unless there are less than a predetermined number of candidates ( usually 3 or 5) if there are only 2 candidates in the "Best Qualified" cert, they will also receive the "Well Qualified certificate.

The Hiring Official can:

Read the resume's and other documents and pick their candidates.

Read the resume's and other documents and set up interviews.

Find something wrong with each candidate on the cert, reject them all and request the next cert.

This is where Applicants come into play again.

There are so many moving pieces, with so many people it takes a longggggggggg time.

Be patient.

M-11

HR will call the select
                          By far the best explanation of the hiring process I have ever read!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• So as long as you lied on your resume you have a good shot everyone!

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jezzolo View Post
                              They don't get "sent", you will see the results on the application manager. Mine says,, assessment complete Awaiting results

Mine now has an ok with a check mark beside my assessment questionaire.

Comment

• Originally posted by IroqouisB View Post
                                Anywhere from 2 years, to the next announcement in 2020.
                                Halley's Comet is predicted back in 2061. So probably a few years after that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7730 users online. 330 members and 7400 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X