300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
    Here's one for you. In USAjobs if you go back and adjust your answers it creates a whole new application package. On time sensitive vacancies does it kick you to the back of the line or do you still maintain your "number in line" as it relates to being within the first X number of candidates. I had this happen to me with another job announcement recently and always wondered if I lost my spot in line or if I maintained it because I am sure they got to 250 applications quickly.
    If it closed before you finished your second packet, your first one would still be valid. Your original application would actually still technically be in the system, but they ignore everything but the most recent one. So if you started your second and they closed the vacancy while doing your second, your first one in theory would still be in the system and apart of the cutoff.
    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• HR got back to me so for future reference if anyone else is ever in this predicament regardless of the agency you do not lose your spot when updating an application package.

Comment

• I wonder how long this application process will be

Comment

• Just sat through a court initial appearance of an arrestee and talked to some DUSMs who said they thought it already closed to apply. As in its still "open" but won't let you apply. Don't know how accurate he was.
          Anybody actually applied in the last few hours or so?

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

• Is the announcement from today already closed?

Comment

• Originally posted by braz989 View Post
              Is the announcement from today already closed?
              No you have u til 11:59 but its for veterans and merit promotion status candidates

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                No you have u til 11:59 but its for veterans and merit promotion status candidates
                It is not showing up on USA jobs when I do a search...

Comment

go to advanced search and select u.s. marshals service for the agency and then click search

Comment

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/427839500/

Comment

I wonder how long this application process will be
                      Anywhere from 2 years, to the next announcement in 2020.
                      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

Thank you, very odd that I couldn't locate it! I applied.

Comment

• In all seriousness, what do you guys think your time frame will be? If I were a betting man I'd say by the time they wade through all this stuff and conduct interviews and fitness tests maybe some of you will see final offers by next summer? From what I'm hearing at the U.S. District Court House that 4 year hangover from 2012 hurt them bad in terms of man power.
                          Last edited by kwaz; 06-08-2016, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                            In all seriousness, what do you guys think your time frame will be? If I were a betting man I'd say by the time they wade through all this stuff and conduct interviews and fitness tests maybe some of you will see final offers by next summer? From what I'm hearing at the U.S. District Court House that 4 year hangover from 2012 hurt them bad in terms of man power.
                            2 years.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you, very odd that I couldn't locate it! I applied.
                              Guess that answered that "can't apply" claim from the DUSM...

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

• Lost2Apathy I hope you're wrong lol. I also hope none of you motivators forgo offers/opportunities with other agencies in hopes that one day the Marshals will give you an offer that may or may not come. Think with your heads and not your hearts men.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8278 users online. 367 members and 7911 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X