300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Braves1831 View Post
    Thanks for the information. What does the travel include (frequency)? Is it typically within the district? I'm sure it also depends on the location/district one is working.
    Correct on the last sentence. This question is unanswerable. Travel in and out of district depends on district manpower shortages/surpluses , district emphasis on advanced training for its Dusms, budgets, need for OCONUS extraditions, district managements desire to support other districts court or enforcement actions, and the alignment of Mars and Venus.
    USMS Region 3
    Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
    Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
    Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
    BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
    Medical:2/15/10
    MedicalReview: 4/15/10
    FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
    Drug: 6/5/10
    Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
    Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
    Written: 12/27/10
    NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
    To:
    Medical:

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
      That may quite possibly be the most real explanation I have heard. My experience with you guys has been very limited. To the extent of you guys showing me which cell to lock my prisoner up in and which passage way to get to courtroom B for first appearance. Other than that my impression has been you have a significant portion of guys that get wood by calling themselves Marshal or carrying the badge, then you have the other group that expected to be kicking in doors on day one. All very nice guys but I just never saw the hype. You put it in great context for all of us who always wondered where the hype comes from
      You're welcome. I've never been accused of not speaking my mind or Telling it like it is ( both against Usms policy I believe) , which may account for my current position.
      USMS Region 3
      Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
      Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
      Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
      BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
      Medical:2/15/10
      MedicalReview: 4/15/10
      FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
      Drug: 6/5/10
      Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
      Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
      Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
      Written: 12/27/10
      NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
      To:
      Medical:

Comment

• Anyone who is a veteran and has gone thru the academy use their VA benefits while in training? I.e. Voc rehab, OJT!

Comment

• Originally posted by wildbill0351 View Post
          Anyone who is a veteran and has gone thru the academy use their VA benefits while in training? I.e. Voc rehab, OJT!
          I've gone through another academy and ended up getting a huge check, about $18k, at the end of training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Well it's confirmed that it opens tonight and it's for status candidates only. It's on the interwebs search opening in -1 (negative one) days on June 8.
            Good luck everybody... If it actually works this time lol.

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone
            Last edited by bayranger; 06-07-2016, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawlor View Post
              I've gone through another academy and ended up getting a huge check, about $18k, at the end of training.

how do i go about using it?

Comment

• Maybe this time usajobs servers will go down or some other delay.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

• 2016 U.S. Marshals Service Announcement

Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                  how do i go about using it?
                  It's seriously a pain, but worth it. You'll contact your agencies educational rep and start there. They should have a contact with the VA, hopefully your agency is better than mine in that aspect. Your agency has to get the ball rolling. They then certify your training hours for the month and that then gets reported to the VA. My agency waited til the very end to certify all of my training hours, that's why I received such a large payment. The only thing I would say is that if you plan on using anymore of your education benefits, this process may wipe them out. Save it if you plan on taking more classes in the future.

Comment

• I agree that television shows and movies are to blame for showing people a totally unrealistic view of Federal LE. I have worked with most of the federal agencies out there and have discovered that all of them vary greatly depending on which location you are at. For example, HSI and DEA agents along the border have a totally different life than those in interior offices. Along the border you will encounter a lot of miserable agents from all agencies including USMS because....its the border. Liability and risk adversity is becoming an issue in Federal LE across the board not just USMS. If you don't think so start talking to more 1811's. It is what it is. Throw in different types of personalities in management and things get crazy. I always tell people that if they are happy with their life think long and hard about making a change.

I have spoken to very happy DUSM's in offices across the country and they love the gig. They talk about what a great life decision it was. Additionally, those individuals had a great deal of experience before getting on board. Of course the guys on the border and in DC seem to be the exception. However, as stated previously you will encounter a lot 1811's in those locations from other agencies that are miserable.

There is no perfect organization. Every agency has positives and negatives I think it's important to look at both prior to making a decision. In the event you feel you made a mistake do what you can to correct that decision. I have personally watched a lot of people change fed agencies or go back local/state or even private sector. Do what is best for you and your family. I have also watched guys go back local then return to the fed when they discovered it wasn't as awesome as they remembered. Bottom line....if your miserable make a life change. Nothing is worse than a guy who is angry and bitter everyday. I have worked around those guys and it's not fun.
                    Last edited by 1cowboy; 06-07-2016, 07:47 PM.

Comment

• That's great advice. At the end of the day no one is going to watch out for you better than you! Good luck to all who apply. I know this will fall on deaf ears but if there is even an ounce of doubt about whether you can handle this job, even want it, or don't think you're going to take the pay cut at the end of the day do the other 4,999 applicants a favor and stand down. Far too many people just apply to everything and anything on USAjobs with no real intention of ever following anything through.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
                        That's great advice. At the end of the day no one is going to watch out for you better than you! Good luck to all who apply. I know this will fall on deaf ears but if there is even an ounce of doubt about whether you can handle this job, even want it, or don't think you're going to take the pay cut at the end of the day do the other 4,999 applicants a favor and stand down. Far too many people just apply to everything and anything on USAjobs with no real intention of ever following anything through.
                        And the ones who get hired just move to a more desirable 1811 position 😂

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

• I have not seen anything on this?

Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                          Well it's confirmed that it opens tonight and it's for status candidates only. It's on the interwebs search opening in -1 (negative one) days on June 8.
                          Good luck everybody... If it actually works this time lol.

Comment

• ?

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                              ?

Bayranger has offered cookies and juice for the Countdown to Midnight DUSM announcement slumber party...

AR2K

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                                Tell us about a time you've dealt with a difficult coworker and how you resolved it.

Dude, they're not hiring FROM this thread...
                                [emoji13]

It would make it so much easier haha

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7101 users online. 380 members and 6721 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X