Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something had to have been posted wrong or something with OPM if I had to bet.. hahaha hurry up, to stand-by, to stand-by!

Comment

• The odds of USAJobs working so efficiently, to where it accepts 5kapplications and the uploaded supporting documents (which are required for the application to be listed as "received"), is so far from reality. Just an error and I'm sure it will be up soon.
      "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

• Originally posted by M8541 Reaper View Post
        The odds of USAJobs working so efficiently, to where it accepts 5kapplications and the uploaded supporting documents (which are required for the application to be listed as "received"), is so far from reality. Just an error and I'm sure it will be up soon.
        Agreed. Its going to just be a matter of when someone fixes the glitch.

I wonder if it has to be a new announcement or it will just open up when an OPM employee fixes it.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

Has to be an error. No way is a vacancy getting 5k apps within 10 minutes...especially on USAJobs
          Common misunderstanding... The announcement will be open all day tomorrow regardless of how many people apply. 24 hours even if a billion people apply.

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wigglesworth View Post
            Common misunderstanding... The announcement will be open all day tomorrow regardless of how many people apply. 24 hours even if a billion people apply.
            That's what it says in the announcement though.
            "You're either getting better or you're getting worse, you never just stay the same"

Coach Woody Hayes

Comment

• Originally posted by bocktagon View Post
              Read closer

Comment

True. However some agencies have pulled the announcements before the end of the day. I forgot which did this a few months ago but it was one that opened and I was going to apply after work... And was gone before lunch lol. Buuuuttt this is not the case here. This is just USAJobs being USAJobs.
                "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

Read closer
                  Yup.

"The announcement is set to close within the first 24 hours of the posted date if 5,000 applicants have applied to receive consideration."

AKA do not wait until after lunch to apply when this vacancy actually opens.

Comment

• Originally posted by bocktagon View Post
                    It says it will close the same day as it reaches 5000. So it will close at the end of the day that it hits that numbeR. Last time it hit something like 30k and then they just dropped everyone who didn't have a dd214.

Comment

Read closer
                      Touché! The day that it hits the target. Got it. Thank you.
                      "You're either getting better or you're getting worse, you never just stay the same"

Coach Woody Hayes

Comment

True. However some agencies have pulled the announcements before the end of the day. I forgot which did this a few months ago but it was one that opened and I was going to apply after work... And was gone before lunch lol. Buuuuttt this is not the case here. This is just USAJobs being USAJobs.
                        I have seen that but it was because they canceled the job announcement.

Comment

I have seen that but it was because they canceled the job announcement.
                          Who's going to bed tonight Coofffeeee

Comment

• I opened it at 11:58, then I opened it right at 12, then again at 12:01, 12:02 etc. and nothing... disappointing to say the least.

So after thinking about it, I personally think a couple of things could've happened with this: 1) OPM/Usajobs.gov just messed something up (Most likely) 2) The USMS found out just how many people knew about this before it came out and pulled it for cost reason's and to weed people out. 3) I've been told that they are going to stop with these nation wide announcements, and move to what the ATF does with the schedule "B" hiring due to the amount of success that the ATF as had with it.

BUT anyway, all this was just disappointing if you want this as bad as I do.. Good luck everyone.
                            Last edited by USMC85; 06-06-2016, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• Lol try going almost 4 years through the process and then they call you for your pft the day you're arriving to eod with another agency. They didn't let me reschedule

Comment

• Well this isn't cool. Has anyone at all been able to make it through?

Coach Woody Hayes

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10641 users online. 454 members and 10187 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X