• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You said it...it doesn't. Just being enlisted is not good enough to qualify

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by jkrantz View Post
      Can anyone clarify the GS-5/GS-7 level and how that directly relates to military experience? I was a E-5 11B that got out 18 months ago, 10 pt veteran. How much weight, if any at all, does carry? I have some education but am currently working on finishing my Bachelors. I've been looking at the USMS for awhile now, waiting for an announcement to drop. Until, I started looking at this forum, I had no idea how competitive it was. I'm already looking at local LE because it doesn't look like military + education is enough.
      Yeah, sorry to say man I really don't believe that's going to cut it. It sucks but you need to be a 10pt veteran with a BA, and already be with a federal law enforcement agency to get it.. But you never know, put in for it. Crazier things of happened.. Good luck
      Last edited by USMC85; 06-03-2016, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Can anyone clarify the GS-5/GS-7 level and how that directly relates to military experience? I was a E-5 11B that got out 18 months ago, 10 pt veteran. How much weight, if any at all, does carry? I have some education but am currently working on finishing my Bachelors. I've been looking at the USMS for awhile now, waiting for an announcement to drop. Until, I started looking at this forum, I had no idea how competitive it was. I'm already looking at local LE because it doesn't look like military + education is enough.
        without a Bachelor's degree you have no chance unfortunately

Comment

• Can those in excepted service apply?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
            Can those in excepted service apply?
            Depends. One should know if the excepted service agency they are in has interchange agreements. Also, if you are a veteran, being in excepted service doesn't impact your ability to apply.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC85 View Post
              I don't want to be rude here, and please don't take it that way but you know the Marshal Service doesn't care.. They are going to offer you what they offer.. If you don't take it, there's someone right behind you that will. Best of luck guys!
              (Somewhere out there, eastwest2300 raises hand... Does 50 push-ups...)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post

He's a lurker nowdays

Comment

• Originally posted by bayranger View Post

If I do 51 will I get expedited?
                  "Independent research, reading comprehension, & a firm grasp of reality saves lives."

Comment

Being either 5 or 10 pt vet is the key to get ahead of the masses. After all the testing, it's the luck of having your resume sent to the Chief Deputy and you being what he is looking for. Some Chief's love military, some local le, some education and some want a combination. Seriously that is it.

There are Deputies that came from the last open announcement that don't have a degree. Apply it really is a crap shoot. Good Luck and stay safe!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kgov02 View Post
                      Being either 5 or 10 pt vet is the key to get ahead of the masses. After all the testing, it's the luck of having your resume sent to the Chief Deputy and you being what he is looking for. Some Chief's love military, some local le, some education and some want a combination. Seriously that is it.

There are Deputies that came from the last open announcement that don't have a degree. Apply it really is a crap shoot. Good Luck and stay safe!
                      I find it hilarious that previous "professional applicants" have elaborated you have no chance without a degree..... I completed my undergrad last year, and in my classes were two DUSMs shooting for their undergrad. Their reason for obtaining their undergrad was for the purpose of promotion. As you climb the GS/GL scales it becomes somewhat of an actual requirement.

If you have status, and meet the minimum requirements, throw your name in the hat.
                      "The only easy day was yesterday"

Comment

• Originally posted by IroqouisB View Post
                        I find it hilarious that previous "professional applicants" have elaborated you have no chance without a degree..... I completed my undergrad last year, and in my classes were two DUSMs shooting for their undergrad. Their reason for obtaining their undergrad was for the purpose of promotion. As you climb the GS/GL scales it becomes somewhat of an actual requirement.

If you have status, and meet the minimum requirements, throw your name in the hat.
                        There was a professional study done with regards to people attempting to achieve life goals, the biggest obstacle that people faced where friends/family/associates telling them that it couldn't be done.

If there's an objective that is important to you, go at it with a determination "unknown to mankind!"
                        "Between you and every goal that you wish to achieve, there is a series of obstacles, and the bigger the goal, the bigger the obstacles. Your decision to be, have and do something out of the ordinary entails facing difficulties and challenges that are out of the ordinary as well. Sometimes your greatest asset is simply your ability to stay with it longer than anyone else."
                        ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

• Originally posted by IroqouisB View Post

Exactly the same thing I remember a lot of guys in 2012 saying. Of course they pulled it out their u know where. Pretty much you had to be Tier 1 team guy, with a Master's Degree (in CJ of course) and have at least 5 years on as a full-time Swat cop in a major city and that was just to meet the minimum but you still weren't anything special.

When in reality it was just like life, we had all backgrounds. SF guys, Local/State/Federal LEOs, people with multiple grad degrees and people that were in the military and nothing LE related afterwards. Btw it didn't matter if you were an MP or a cook, all that mattered was the vet preference.
                          Last edited by Kgov02; 06-05-2016, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• New announcement won't work for me...

Anyone having any issues right now?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

• As soon as the posting for the US Deputy Marshal was available to apply (12 am), I clicked apply and it said "We are sorry, but we are no longer accepting any more applications". Did any of you get that? Does any know what is going on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost2Apathy View Post
                                New announcement won't work for me...

Anyone having any issues right now?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
                                Same, click apply and it says no longer accepting applications

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10230 users online. 435 members and 9795 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X