300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by globalt View Post
    I dont think my wish list of popular region 2 coastal cities will be taken into consideration. DC Superior court or SDNY will probably be whats offered.
    They better offer something good if they expect current 1811's to lateral over...
    Taking a pay cut and returning to FLETC is not necessarily on my bucket list.
    I'm sure they are aware of that fact as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by globalt View Post
      I dont think my wish list of popular region 2 coastal cities will be taken into consideration. DC Superior court or SDNY will probably be whats offered.
      Our wish lists sound similar. I opened it up a little to the district those offices are in but very very similar. Which is why I doubt I get a call either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbeard526 View Post
        They better offer something good if they expect current 1811's to lateral over...
        Taking a pay cut and returning to FLETC is not necessarily on my bucket list.
        I'm sure they are aware of that fact as well.
        I agree 100%. There's no way I am dropping to a 12 to work in super court.

Comment

• Dc pretty much all prisoner transport..wouldn't be surprised if they were allowing people to transfer to more desirable offices to make room in dc for new hires

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by IRS1811 View Post
            For those who may not need CITP, does anyone know what the current length of just the BDUSM add-on is? I know the lengths can fluctuate slightly from year to year, but what is the rough range is in weeks?

The last thing I could find on the USMS site is that including CITP training BDUSM is around 21.5 weeks. I'm not sure how updated that information is.

Also, has USMS historically run a BDUSM class of all laterals or will those laterals who are selected need to wait for classes where slots open up because of people who wash out in CITP?

Thanks!
            CITP was 12 weeks when I went through and so you're looking at roughly two months for BDUSM if the total time is 21.5 weeks...wow that got alot longer since i went through.

Comment

• June 5, 2016

The External Deputy U.S. Marshal Hiring Drive

In partnership with OPM, HRD has begun posting external entry level Deputy US Marshal Announcements. The next announcement will be the entry level DUSM, GL-0082-07 position. As the Deputy Director stated in his memo, it will be posted government wide. Applicants who apply will be eligible for positions nationwide and not limited to specific regions.
              Currently the order of posting announcements will be:
              o Region 3 – Puerto Rico Posted 2/16/16 - Closed
              o CI, GS-1811-12 Gov't wide Posted 4/27/2016 - Closed
              o DUSM GL-0082 07 Gov't wide Posting Date: Week of June 5, 2016
              o DUSM Recent Graduate Pathways Posting Date: TBD
              HRD hopes to post the next announcement as soon as we complete the application process of the previous announcement. More information about the DUSM hiring initiatives will be posted in the coming weeks as we finalize our plans with OPM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IRS1811 View Post
                For those who may not need CITP, does anyone know what the current length of just the BDUSM add-on is? I know the lengths can fluctuate slightly from year to year, but what is the rough range is in weeks?

The last thing I could find on the USMS site is that including CITP training BDUSM is around 21.5 weeks. I'm not sure how updated that information is.

Also, has USMS historically run a BDUSM class of all laterals or will those laterals who are selected need to wait for classes where slots open up because of people who wash out in CITP?

Thanks!
                8 weeks and 2 or 3 days total.

First day of BDUSM: http://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/images/dsc_7140.jpg
                Last edited by MaxD1207; 06-03-2016, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Last edited by Apache82; 08-13-2019, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apache82 View Post
                    Does anyone know if veterans will be able to apply to the next "Gov't Wide" entry announcement?
                    Generally government wide means federal employees and status candidates (veterans) however I could be mistaken

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

• I don't want to be rude here, and please don't take it that way but you know the Marshal Service doesn't care.. They are going to offer you what they offer.. If you don't take it, there's someone right behind you that will. Best of luck guys!

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC85 View Post
                        I don't want to be rude here, and please don't take it that way but you know the Marshal Service doesn't care.. They are going to offer you what they offer.. If you don't take it, there's someone right behind you that will. Best of luck guys!
                        No, You're wrong Colonel Sanders!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlASZQ_re9k

Comment

• https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/427839500

you can read the announcement that is coming out Monday. Good luck ladies/gentlemen.
                          "Between you and every goal that you wish to achieve, there is a series of obstacles, and the bigger the goal, the bigger the obstacles. Your decision to be, have and do something out of the ordinary entails facing difficulties and challenges that are out of the ordinary as well. Sometimes your greatest asset is simply your ability to stay with it longer than anyone else."
                          ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

• Wonder if the Marshals will put out a civilian announcement at any point in the next year or two :/

Comment

• So i've stayed away from these forums for a long time due to the amount of random B.S. on these things. My point being is that I've read about 85% of this forum and during the PR hiring I saw some people state that they got offers, which maybe they are telling the truth... BUT I know for a fact that they ONLY hired qualified candidates from PR, or from southern FL due to the fact that it has the highest turn over rate out of all USMS districts. Now these people had their locations set as Oklahoma, and etc. (My information is from an acting supervisor in PR.) So once again these forums have a lot of great intel on them, but don't believe everything you read. (Sincerely a, 10pt veteran, USMS Internship, Bachelors degree, currently Fed Leo, and friends with plenty of deputies..)

Now i'm not 100% sure on this, but regarding this upcoming hiring with veterans stats, I'd be more then willing to bet that if you're just a veteran, (including 10pt veterans) I don't believe that's going to be enough for this upcoming nation wide posting. I'd be willing to bet that the same qualifications for the PR hiring is going to be the same, (As I post below, without the location limitation) but honestly good luck everyone! The best you can do is just put your name in the hat!

(PR hiring)
                              Qualifications
                              TIME-IN-GRADE REQUIREMENTS: Merit promotion applicants must meet applicable time-in-grade requirements to be considered eligible. One year at the GS-05 or equivalent grade levelis required to meet the time-in-grade requirements for the GL-07 level. Applicants must submit SF-50s that indicate proof of status (e.g., tenure, type of service, etc.) and time-in-grade eligibility. Do not submit award SF-50s.

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To be eligible for this position, you must possess the qualifying specialized experience and/or education as described in the Office of Personnel Managements occupational requirements.

To qualify at the GL-07 (or GS-07) level, you must meet ONE of the following:

Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-5 level that demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform successfully the duties of the position to be filled. Specialized experience may include responsible law enforcement experience that required the exercise of tact, courtesy, and the ability to deal effectively with associates, subordinates, the public, and prisoners. Specialized experience may have been gained in work such as criminal investigation or other law enforcement work that included planning and carrying out investigations, planning and making arrests, serving court orders, using firearms, and dealing with people in a persuasive, tactful, and resourceful manner. This experience should have provided knowledge of the law and court precedents as they relate to such matters as search and seizure, making arrests, and using firearms. (THIS EXPERIENCE MUST BE DEMONSTRATED IN YOUR RESUME)

OR

Superior Academic Achievement (SAA): SAA at the baccalaureate level is fully qualifying for the GL-7 (OR GS-07) grade level. To qualify for SAA, you must have completed all requirements for a bachelor's degree related to a field in law enforcement or other related fields such as Criminal Justice, Sociology, etc. that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work, and meet ONE of the following:

1. A grade point average of "B" (a GPA of 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0) for all completed undergraduate courses, or those completed in the last two years of undergraduate study.

2. A grade point average of "B+" (a GPA of 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0) for all courses in your major field of study, or those courses in your major completed in the last two years of undergraduate study. *Grade point averages are to be rounded to one decimal place. For example, 2.95 will round to 3.0 and 2.94 will round to 2.9.

3. Rank in the upper one-third of your class in the college, university, or major subdivision, such as the College of Liberal Arts or the School of Business Administration, based on completed courses.

4. Membership in a national scholastic honor society (other than freshman honor societies) recognized by the Association of College Honor Societies. **If more than 10 percent of your courses were taken on a pass/fail basis, your claim must be based on class standing or membership in an honorary society. (NOTE: MUST submit transcripts if using education to qualify)

For more specific details on SAA, click the following link: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/SEC-II/s2-e5.asp#e4f.

OR

Education: One full year of graduate level study related to a field in law enforcement or other related fields such as Criminal Justice, Sociology, etc. that provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. (MUST submit copies of transcripts).

OR

Combination of Education and Experience: To combine your education and experience, you must convert each to a percentage, and then add the percentages. The combined total of your percentage of education and experience must equal 100% in order to qualify. Only education beyond the first year of a bachelor degree program can be combined with experience (MUST submit copies of transcripts).

Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list...-forrecog.html

Comment

• Can anyone clarify the GS-5/GS-7 level and how that directly relates to military experience? I was a E-5 11B that got out 18 months ago, 10 pt veteran. How much weight, if any at all, does carry? I have some education but am currently working on finishing my Bachelors. I've been looking at the USMS for awhile now, waiting for an announcement to drop. Until, I started looking at this forum, I had no idea how competitive it was. I'm already looking at local LE because it doesn't look like military + education is enough.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10056 users online. 475 members and 9581 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X