300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SSgtPMO View Post
    I was partially joking, but what you just said I can 100% agree with. It goes on where I am at. They want to get hand picked rookies exposure for recognition so they can build them up to be promoted while making themselves look good.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Yep. Meanwhile they distrust former LEO because we actually know more than management, and I have seen them sideline special forces guys and warn others that they shouldn't be allowed in the field because they are "unstable"
    USMS Region 3
    Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
    Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
    Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
    BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
    Medical:2/15/10
    MedicalReview: 4/15/10
    FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
    Drug: 6/5/10
    Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
    Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
    Written: 12/27/10
    NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
    To:
    Medical:

Comment

• Originally posted by 6920 View Post
      Its hard to tell this time around because specifics haven't been put out there. I work with 3 guys who came over in the past on laterals. All were 13s, all 3 are GS 12, step 10s. Two former USSS and one OIG. All 3 were placed in smaller desirable offices right off the bat. The border offices have been getting bodies for a while now, there are plenty of other very short handed, very good offices. I wouldn't be surprised to see the 1811 laterals get offered some of these.
      So there is hope!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbeard526 View Post
        I'm in the same boat as you.
        I selected only North Texas cities on my wish list. If I'm lucky enough to get one of those, I take it, if not, i'll pass and let someone else take the academy slot. I'm very happy in my current employment and unwilling to relocate (on my own dime) to an undesirable location.
        Exactly! I'll take the job. I'm confident I will be good at it. I'm just not going to take it unless it is a place I want to be. I've been down the road of wanting to move and had my share of crappy places already.

Comment

• I'm sorry guys, I'm way behind the ball on this one. Any idea when the next opening will be??

Comment

• Way behind... but you havnt missed a damn thing... below is the most current "official" info we all have: (2 months ago)

3-30-16
            New! The USMS will post a nationwide announcement open to all government employees wishing to be considered for employment as a Criminal Investigator, GS-1811-11/12. This announcement will be in addition to the government wide Deputy US Marshal hiring initiative and the new Recent Graduate Pathways Program announcement. Applicants who wish to apply under this upcoming announcement, must have satisfactorily completed the Basic Criminal Investigative Training Program (CITP) at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, GA, or an equivalent training course. PLEASE direct all applicant inquiries regarding this employment opportunity to the Law Enforcement Hiring and Student Programs (LEHSP) Branch at USMS.Recruitment@usdoj.gov. More information concerning this upcoming announcement will be forthcoming.

Update: The Region 3 - Puerto Rico
            As part of the application process, the USMS is conducting interviews for those applicants who have made it to the Structured Interview portion of the process. Interviews are being conducted in the District of Puerto Rico and in Headquarters. HRD would like to thank those Districts who provided structured interviewers and district recruiting officers at short notice for this endeavor. With the upcoming DUSM hiring initiative, there will be many opportunities for more structured interviewers and district recruiting officers to assist HRD in the future so stay tuned.

The External Deputy U.S. Marshal Hiring Drive

In partnership with OPM, HRD has begun posting external entry level Deputy US Marshal Announcements. The next announcement will be the CI, GS-1811 11/12 position. As the Deputy Director stated in his memo, it will be posted government wide. As we conclude our pilot regional PR announcement, HRD is reviewing the pros and cons of using regional announcements for future postings. One of the biggest cons was the sheer number of applicants we received for the targeted location. We had hoped this would be a way of keeping down our costs, but the applicant volume still doubled our original cost estimates. Since cost is a major factor in posting these announcements, the next entry-level Deputy US Marshal announcement will be nationwide instead of regional.
            Currently the order of posting announcements will be will be:
            o Region 3 – Puerto Rico Posted 2/16/16 - Closed
            o CI, GS-1811 11/12 Government wide Posting Date: TBD
            o DUSM GL-0082 07 Government wide Posting Date: TBD
            o DUSM Recent Graduate Pathways Posting Date: TBD
            HRD hopes to begin posting the next announcement as soon as we complete the application process of the previous announcement. More information about the DUSM hiring initiatives will be posted in the coming weeks as we finalize our plans with OPM.
            All DUSM announcements will be posted at www.usajobs.com Any interested applicant is encouraged to establish an account in USAJOBS and set up their job notification alerts. Our announcements are very popular and the recent Puerto Rico announcement only stayed open for 24hrs. HRD continues to receive a lot of interest from the public and believes future announcements will open and close very quickly. HRD will make every effort to keep this page updated during this hiring drive. Please check back here for updates on posting links and hiring information.
            As a reminder, all external applicants, (this includes applicants who are on the November 2012 certificates) will need to apply under the new external announcements if they want to be considered for future DUSM positions. Internal MP applicants (USMS Government Employees) have the option to apply for external announcements. If they are currently on the 2015 Internal USMS MP announcement certificate, this hiring certificate will remain open through FY2017 and those eligible employees will continue to be considered for the FY2016 BDUSM classes.

We have extended the November 2012 Best Qualified category certificates through June 2016. Applicants from the eight (8) regional certificates will be considered as we staff the upcoming June 2016 BDUSM Class. Applicants from the November 2012 certificates should send all inquiries regarding their DUSM application status to: DUSM.Exam@usdoj.gov

Comment

• Originally posted by Willy Wigglesworth View Post
              Way behind... but you havnt missed a damn thing... below is the most current "official" info we all have: (2 months ago)

3-30-16
              New! The USMS will post a nationwide announcement open to all government employees wishing to be considered for employment as a Criminal Investigator, GS-1811-11/12. This announcement will be in addition to the government wide Deputy US Marshal hiring initiative and the new Recent Graduate Pathways Program announcement. Applicants who wish to apply under this upcoming announcement, must have satisfactorily completed the Basic Criminal Investigative Training Program (CITP) at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, GA, or an equivalent training course. PLEASE direct all applicant inquiries regarding this employment opportunity to the Law Enforcement Hiring and Student Programs (LEHSP) Branch at USMS.Recruitment@usdoj.gov. More information concerning this upcoming announcement will be forthcoming.

Update: The Region 3 - Puerto Rico
              As part of the application process, the USMS is conducting interviews for those applicants who have made it to the Structured Interview portion of the process. Interviews are being conducted in the District of Puerto Rico and in Headquarters. HRD would like to thank those Districts who provided structured interviewers and district recruiting officers at short notice for this endeavor. With the upcoming DUSM hiring initiative, there will be many opportunities for more structured interviewers and district recruiting officers to assist HRD in the future so stay tuned.

The External Deputy U.S. Marshal Hiring Drive

In partnership with OPM, HRD has begun posting external entry level Deputy US Marshal Announcements. The next announcement will be the CI, GS-1811 11/12 position. As the Deputy Director stated in his memo, it will be posted government wide. As we conclude our pilot regional PR announcement, HRD is reviewing the pros and cons of using regional announcements for future postings. One of the biggest cons was the sheer number of applicants we received for the targeted location. We had hoped this would be a way of keeping down our costs, but the applicant volume still doubled our original cost estimates. Since cost is a major factor in posting these announcements, the next entry-level Deputy US Marshal announcement will be nationwide instead of regional.
              Currently the order of posting announcements will be will be:
              o Region 3 – Puerto Rico Posted 2/16/16 - Closed
              o CI, GS-1811 11/12 Government wide Posting Date: TBD
              o DUSM GL-0082 07 Government wide Posting Date: TBD
              o DUSM Recent Graduate Pathways Posting Date: TBD
              HRD hopes to begin posting the next announcement as soon as we complete the application process of the previous announcement. More information about the DUSM hiring initiatives will be posted in the coming weeks as we finalize our plans with OPM.
              All DUSM announcements will be posted at www.usajobs.com Any interested applicant is encouraged to establish an account in USAJOBS and set up their job notification alerts. Our announcements are very popular and the recent Puerto Rico announcement only stayed open for 24hrs. HRD continues to receive a lot of interest from the public and believes future announcements will open and close very quickly. HRD will make every effort to keep this page updated during this hiring drive. Please check back here for updates on posting links and hiring information.
              As a reminder, all external applicants, (this includes applicants who are on the November 2012 certificates) will need to apply under the new external announcements if they want to be considered for future DUSM positions. Internal MP applicants (USMS Government Employees) have the option to apply for external announcements. If they are currently on the 2015 Internal USMS MP announcement certificate, this hiring certificate will remain open through FY2017 and those eligible employees will continue to be considered for the FY2016 BDUSM classes.

We have extended the November 2012 Best Qualified category certificates through June 2016. Applicants from the eight (8) regional certificates will be considered as we staff the upcoming June 2016 BDUSM Class. Applicants from the November 2012 certificates should send all inquiries regarding their DUSM application status to: DUSM.Exam@usdoj.gov
              Wow that's extremely helpful I hope he appreciates this

Comment

• I've read through the posts on this thread, I hope i'm not asking a question that has been answered five times before.

I've read there is a Marshal/FLETC academy class that starts in June, 2016.

My question is regarding the people that applied for the GS-1811-11/12. Assuming all goes well and final offers are given. Would we have to wait till the June FLETC class has graduated or can they run concurrent Marshal classes?

I'm thinking/hoping this vacancy turnaround will be quickly than the previous ones because of the lateral transfers that will be taking place.
                Last edited by Blackbeard526; 06-01-2016, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I've read through the posts on this thread, I hope i'm not asking a question that has been answered five times before.

I've read there is a Marshal/FLETC academy class that starts in June, 2016.

My question is regarding the people that applied for the GS-1811-11/12. Assuming all goes well and final offers are given. Would we have to wait till the June FLETC class has graduated or can they run concurrent Marshal classes?

I'm thinking/hoping this vacancy turnaround will be quickly than the previous ones because of the lateral transfers that will be taking place.
                  Yes, there can be concurrent BDUSM classes. I've seen three overlapping classes going at once.
                  USMS Region 3
                  Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
                  Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
                  Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
                  BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
                  Medical:2/15/10
                  MedicalReview: 4/15/10
                  FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
                  Drug: 6/5/10
                  Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
                  Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                  Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
                  Written: 12/27/10
                  NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
                  To:
                  Medical:

Comment

• Three scheduled BDUSM classes in the fiscal year 2017...... According to a recruiting officer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dd1906 View Post
                      Three scheduled BDUSM classes in the fiscal year 2017...... According to a recruiting officer.
                      How many bodies in a class?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sceptre6 View Post
                        How many bodies in a class?
                        The max number of students for a CITP class is 48. I'm fairly certain the Marshals class is the same.

Comment

• I emailed my forms. I guess time will tell if my wish list works out or not. They even responded with a thank you. I was impressed by that.

Comment

• Originally posted by hpy1 View Post
                            I emailed my forms. I guess time will tell if my wish list works out or not. They even responded with a thank you. I was impressed by that.
                            Ha! Glad I wasn't the only one!

Comment

The max number of students for a CITP class is 48. I'm fairly certain the Marshals class is the same.
                              For those who may not need CITP, does anyone know what the current length of just the BDUSM add-on is? I know the lengths can fluctuate slightly from year to year, but what is the rough range is in weeks?

The last thing I could find on the USMS site is that including CITP training BDUSM is around 21.5 weeks. I'm not sure how updated that information is.

Also, has USMS historically run a BDUSM class of all laterals or will those laterals who are selected need to wait for classes where slots open up because of people who wash out in CITP?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by hpy1 View Post
                                I emailed my forms. I guess time will tell if my wish list works out or not. They even responded with a thank you. I was impressed by that.
                                I dont think my wish list of popular region 2 coastal cities will be taken into consideration. DC Superior court or SDNY will probably be whats offered.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7922 users online. 373 members and 7549 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X