Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if there will be anyone in the upcoming academy from the PR announcement. that would be an amazing turn around for someone with no fed expereince.
    I've completed the drug test, the Physical on 5/11. I was told the background was cleared. What are the odds of getting the FIT done and making it to the June academy Class (slim to none) I bet.

Comment

• So I received an email from the USMS saying they are trying to get in as many as they can from the PR announcement into the June Academy class. That's a fast turn around 😳

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmycoughdrops View Post
        So I received an email from the USMS saying they are trying to get in as many as they can from the PR announcement into the June Academy class. That's a fast turn around 😳
        Thats unheard of these days! Great news man!

Comment

• So I just got a referral notice with an overall rating of 101 and it has three different categories. There is mv-16-bdi-05123S0,mv-16-bdi-05124S0, and mv-16-bdi-05125S0 listed but I have no clue what the difference is between them. Anyone get something similar?

Comment

• Originally posted by Agentsoandso View Post
            So I just got a referral notice with an overall rating of 101 and it has three different categories. There is mv-16-bdi-05123S0,mv-16-bdi-05124S0, and mv-16-bdi-05125S0 listed but I have no clue what the difference is between them. Anyone get something similar?
            I did as well. I think it has something to do with the screen where it asks: VEOA, VRA, Current Employee ect. Each of those are hiring authorities and you will get a NR, R, or R Referred for each that you check yes for.

Comment

• Pretty sure there are 3 different certs for this announcement, 1 VEOA, 1 Merit Promotion, and not sure what the other would be, ICTAP maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Grizz View Post
                Pretty sure there are 3 different certs for this announcement, 1 VEOA, 1 Merit Promotion, and not sure what the other would be, ICTAP maybe?
                So if you get an NR for 1 of them, are you SOL?

Comment

• I got a NR for the last one, and I'm kind of trying to figure out the same thing. What did you get for your overall rating?

Comment

• No, all you need is one referral to be looked at. However, with traditional hiring, the selecting official can pick applicants from any certificate they want. Usually it's 3 completely seperate lists of candidates, not sure how it works when they pick multiple applicants, I assume they would cherrypick from all certs.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Grizz View Post
                      No, all you need is one referral to be looked at. However, with traditional hiring, the selecting official can pick applicants from any certificate they want. Usually it's 3 completely seperate lists of candidates, not sure how it works when they pick multiple applicants, I assume they would cherrypick from all certs.
                      You all must be referring to the last USMS announcement for GS 12?

Comment

• Originally posted by jonesdr View Post
                        I intend to whenever that may be. Doesn't seem to be a lot of info about recent grad hiring. Anyone have any insight into the recent grad processes for LE positions?
                        They tend to restrict the applicant pool a little more than a regular open announcement, but they are still very competitive. People with plenty of education, LE experience, and military experience apply just like any other announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post
                          You all must be referring to the last USMS announcement for GS 12?
                          Correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agentsoandso View Post
                            So I just got a referral notice with an overall rating of 101 and it has three different categories. There is mv-16-bdi-05123S0,mv-16-bdi-05124S0, and mv-16-bdi-05125S0 listed but I have no clue what the difference is between them. Anyone get something similar?
                            I was lucky enough to have an "Ineligible - Your application does not show that you meet the minimum training/education requirements for the specialty and grade" email sent to me. Surprising, since I'm a GS-13 1811. I promptly contacted OPM and they were like "upon review, you are eligible for referral." Unbelievable. If anyone else thinks that there is something questionable about their referral, I would highly recommend contacting OPM ASAP.

Comment

• Originally posted by IRS1811 View Post
                              I was lucky enough to have an "Ineligible - Your application does not show that you meet the minimum training/education requirements for the specialty and grade" email sent to me. Surprising, since I'm a GS-13 1811. I promptly contacted OPM and they were like "upon review, you are eligible for referral." Unbelievable. If anyone else thinks that there is something questionable about their referral, I would highly recommend contacting OPM ASAP.
                              That's funny/not funny. I recently applied to transfer agencies to another gig and the "are you an expert..." questions were very simplistic in nature. So much so where I could legitimately put expert on on all 9 questions. I was referred and the very next day got the e-mail saying I did not score high enough on the questionnaire. In reality, one couldn't score higher considering my answers, vet pref, etc etc etc. Clearly HR knew who they were going to pick prior to the vacancy announcement it's just unbelievable they couldn't even get the rejection code right. After talking with multiple colleagues in the same boat it was pretty clear they did this to everyone. I was tempted to call but then I realized telling some GS-5 he/she is incompetent would be fruitless lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by IRS1811 View Post
                                THOU SHALL NOT QUESTION OPM HIRING PRACTICES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think half of this wait for the new announcement is just them preparing for the onslaught of ****ed off people who wont be referred

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8595 users online. 426 members and 8169 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X