Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 U.S. Marshals Service Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
    Pt standards are some of the highest I've seen..prepare to get pt'd to death in the academy if you make it to fletc

    Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
    Yes I'm very close with deputies and a chief deputy and they always tell me to stay in shape because FLETC is no joke on the marshals side.

    Comment


    • Hey guys. I took the advice from back on page 10 or 11 and read through from page 1 to here. I've occasionally checked in on the USMS website to see if the career opportunities page had been updated. I was excited to see they've started rolling out some announcements.

      I was US Coast Guard for 5 years, Aviation Survival Technician/Helicopter Rescue Swimmer, before beginning my undergraduate studies here in Pennsylvania. I've got three semesters left until graduation. My studies have me directed in an entirely other direction: Entrepreneurship/Non-Profit Leadership, but I've always been attracted the history and mission of the USMS and have always kept it on the table as an option.

      Knowing they're on a hiring bend again, my mind is turning over with my options. I spoke with a USMS recruiter here in Pennsylvania yesterday. He recommended looking for any 1811 job in the interim to improve my value in the hiring process. Anybody else have thoughts on this?

      All else aside, let me tell you, it has been a pleasure to observe the interactions here on this forum. It's great to see people disagreeing well on the internet for a change, and truly helping others out in their process. It only attracts me to this agency more. It seems as though the overall intellect and person-ability of the USMS force is higher than many other Federal Agencies - true statement or am I just looking through rose-gold lenses?

      Thanks in advance for any insights I'll continue to receive from all of you.

      Comment


      • I don't like agency comparisons because everyone brings something unique to the table. I will tell you that I have been a Leo with 3 different federal agencies and had standing offers with top tier agencies at the time of selecting this one. USMS ability is in my opinion the best of any agency. I have posted a few times on this forum because I don't like other deputies giving a one sided point of view to the public. Every agency safe guards operations until you become a member and I can tell you that I have no regrets being a DUSM. Always keep your options open and make sure to take the very first 1811 gig you are offered. Transferring is easy once you get that certification and as long as you work hard every agency will want you. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.
        Last edited by NVYDSM23; 05-03-2016, 02:29 PM. Reason: Grammar

        Comment


        • Originally posted by JS777 View Post
          Hey guys. I took the advice from back on page 10 or 11 and read through from page 1 to here. I've occasionally checked in on the USMS website to see if the career opportunities page had been updated. I was excited to see they've started rolling out some announcements.

          I was US Coast Guard for 5 years, Aviation Survival Technician/Helicopter Rescue Swimmer, before beginning my undergraduate studies here in Pennsylvania. I've got three semesters left until graduation. My studies have me directed in an entirely other direction: Entrepreneurship/Non-Profit Leadership, but I've always been attracted the history and mission of the USMS and have always kept it on the table as an option.

          Knowing they're on a hiring bend again, my mind is turning over with my options. I spoke with a USMS recruiter here in Pennsylvania yesterday. He recommended looking for any 1811 job in the interim to improve my value in the hiring process. Anybody else have thoughts on this?

          All else aside, let me tell you, it has been a pleasure to observe the interactions here on this forum. It's great to see people disagreeing well on the internet for a change, and truly helping others out in their process. It only attracts me to this agency more. It seems as though the overall intellect and person-ability of the USMS force is higher than many other Federal Agencies - true statement or am I just looking through rose-gold lenses?

          Thanks in advance for any insights I'll continue to receive from all of you.

          1811 positions are very competetive. My advice is check USAjobs daily, have an account already set up with them with all your information pre-loaded and ready so when an announcement comes out, you can submit it asap. I would definetely work on finishing your degree if you want to be an 1811 in any agency. I would also keep an eye out on state and local agencies and apply and test with them in the meantime.

          Comment


          • Does anyone think that being a former intern and recent graduate helps me out applying for the pathways program?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dd1906 View Post
              Does anyone think that being a former intern and recent graduate helps me out applying for the pathways program?
              It certainly won't hurt. Just know the USMS is probably the most competitive out of the already very competitive careers to obtain.

              Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • Originally posted by NVYDSM23 View Post
                I don't like agency comparisons because everyone brings something unique to the table. I will tell you that I have been a Leo with 3 different federal agencies and had standing offers with top tier agencies at the time of selecting this one. USMS ability is in my opinion the best of any agency. I have posted a few times on this forum because I don't like other deputies giving a one sided point of view to the public. Every agency safe guards operations until you become a member and I can tell you that I have no regrets being a DUSM. Always keep your options open and make sure to take the very first 1811 gig you are offered. Transferring is easy once you get that certification and as long as you work hard every agency will want you. Good luck and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.
                Tried sending you a PM but it's not showing up. Had a few questions for you.

                Comment


                • Im sorry I thought that PM Was activated. Should work now. Take Care.

                  Comment


                  • Does anyone have the duties for the position from an earlier announcement? Just wanted to have a good idea on how to build up my resume. Anything would be helpful.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by donovanlmoss View Post
                      Does anyone have the duties for the position from an earlier announcement? Just wanted to have a good idea on how to build up my resume. Anything would be helpful.
                      It's posted somewhere in the 2012 thread... If you've got 2 or 3 months to spare looking through it. Alternatively, I found it via Google last time I looked a few years ago.

                      Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by donovanlmoss View Post
                        Does anyone have the duties for the position from an earlier announcement? Just wanted to have a good idea on how to build up my resume. Anything would be helpful.
                        This link is for the Puerto Rico announcement from this year. Hope this helps
                        https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/412932900

                        Comment


                        • I just had a friend who said marshals had an announcement that closed may 2nd...any idea what he may have been talking about

                          Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • I actually found one that opens for a week in December 2016. That's weird. Said it open in "-213 days" (don't remember the actual number). Any idea what that's all about?

                            Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by bayranger View Post
                              I actually found one that opens for a week in December 2016. That's weird. Said it open in "-213 days" (don't remember the actual number). Any idea what that's all about?

                              Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone
                              You found a future annoucement?

                              Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

                              Comment


                              • Anyone have more than the drug test and medical appointments completed? Have they requested Any SF-86S?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 4629 users online. 257 members and 4372 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X