Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not just the pay for title, but location is critical....if your in Montana or a horrible city at thirteen pay but can go to a 12 in an ideal city with a lower cost of living and better school systems for a child if you have one its no contest. Some people have spouses who make a lot of money to...so you have to factor in everything for each particular person...as you said "perspective is everything" and I concur.

Comment

• I suppose it doesn't hurt to put in, but good luck getting a "good location" when all the bad ones are hurting.

Whats wrong with Montana?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nothing I like Montana I am a country boy, but just give a hypothetical....one place for another tit for tat...one man's trash is another man's treasure right? Who knows what will happen with this thing they are trying out. I have to agree though that a lot of people aren't going to jump unless there is some type of incentive here such as location, but we shall see soon enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost2Apathy View Post
          Capped at 12

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
          currently. pending changes...
          USMS Region 3
          Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
          Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
          Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
          BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
          Medical:2/15/10
          MedicalReview: 4/15/10
          FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
          Drug: 6/5/10
          Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
          Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
          Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
          Written: 12/27/10
          NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
          To:
          Medical:

Comment

• Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
            Yes once pigs fly

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmycoughdrops View Post
              Just to let everyone know they just put out an 1811-12 listing on USAJOB will close when 500 applicants is reached.

Your welcome
              Technically not the case. It closes at 11:59 pm on THE DAY that 500 applications are received. So more than 500 will be accepted. They may hit 500 at 2pm but it'll stay active til midnight.

Sent from my Mystical Ãœberphone

Comment

Ok, so the lateral announcement is out on USAJOBS.

Now, i dont want to be called a negative nancy, and MOST of you probably know this , HOWEVER...i feel its my duty as a good person to point out a few discrepancy's in the announcement that they are using to entice current Criminal Investigators to this agency......

From the announcement:

Duties

Major duties of this position include (but are not limited to):
                •Conducting a variety of complex criminal investigations and apprehends wanted federal fugitives for the U.S. Courts, other federal agencies.
                •Participating in joint task forces which are composed of Marshals Service, federal, state, and local law enforcement personnel.
                •Developing facts and evidence by utilizing a wide range of investigative techniques.
                •Identifying and developing behavioral, communication, travel, financial, and other patterns concerning the fugitive, relatives, associates, and associated organizations.
                •Determining the whereabouts of the fugitives based on communication records (including electronic and paper), and information on family members and associates.
                •Gathering, evaluating, and analyzing available facts, evidence, and intelligence information and determines if there is a need for further fact-finding.
                •Participating in criminal investigations involving non-compliant sex offenders.
                •Assisting in conducting investigations of threats to the judiciary and those persons designated by the Attorney General.
                •Assisting Witness Security Inspectors by providing protection during child visitations and protection for witnesses at safe sites during court productions or movements.

Ok, so what is wrong with that you say? Well let ol' Nancy educate you. Those 9 bullet points above that are the "major duties" ....youll be lucky to do any in some offices, one in most. Major duties? Not even close. Whats hilarious is that they hide the reality of the job in the "(but are not limited to)" language. Not a single mention of court, the bread and butter of the USMS? Not a single mention of cellblock duties? No hook and haul? No boat seizures, social security civil summons, no inmate property collateral duties, no jail inspections....nothing?? Interesting how they advertise the 1% of the USMS as the major duties while the 99% of the duties are subjugated to a disclaimer of (but are not limited to).

Again, most of you should be educated enough in the USMS to know this or at least have an idea, so please no hate mail of " why should you be able to get the job but then talk bad about it and talk others out of it" blah blah blah. Im just looking out for those that dont have a clue. Caveat Emptor, warriors, caveat emptor.
                It reads as if it's a separate position from DUSM? Is it? Are there separate 1811s in USMS? First I've heard of it if so. It doesn't mention the title DUSM anywhere that I saw. In fact it only says the "incumbent will serve as a Criminal Investigator".

Comment

• Dusm start as a series 0082 and are converted to 1811 after a certain Period of time

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
                    Dusm start as a series 0082 and are converted to 1811 after a certain Period of time

Clear on them getting 1811 series once they hit their 11... but aren't they still titled DUSM all the way up through their 12? This announcement title is straight up CI throughout, which seemed different since it made no other mention of a DUSM title anywhere. That's what I meant by "separate 1811s" in addition to the DUSM 1811s. Thanks.

Comment

• It is DUSM all the way through or sometimes after GS-11 some will use CIDUSM instead. This is just a lateral announcement. I can say that I only know of a handful of DUSM's that came onto the agency as laterals.

Comment

Rumor is that we at ICE ERO will be getting our GS-13 as well and 1811 status.
                        What is Perseverance?
                        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                          Rumor is that we at ICE ERO will be getting our GS-13 as well and 1811 status.
                          Where are you getting this information from?

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmycoughdrops View Post
                            Where are you getting this information from?
                            its been around for a while. it has some validity because the same sources over the years that were saying ICE was going to combine the IEA ERO DRO into a single job were right, and they were right about the mass hiring that happened. ive heard the 13 thing from them as well
                            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Hey guys! I'm new on the thread I'm a former intern with the marshals but I still currently train with the task force and district guys. I'm hoping to get into the pathways program. Does anyone has any other info about the program other than the two year deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dd1906 View Post
                                Hey guys! I'm new on the thread I'm a former intern with the marshals but I still currently train with the task force and district guys. I'm hoping to get into the pathways program. Does anyone has any other info about the program other than the two year deal?
                                Pt standards are some of the highest I've seen..prepare to get pt'd to death in the academy if you make it to fletc

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10405 users online. 512 members and 9893 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X