300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
    I'd be absolutely astonished if someone had that information in advance and shared it publicly leatherneck. If you got some inside intel about the date and time it was going to be posted and you knew there were limited number of application spots available (i.e. first 100), would you post it here or anywhere for that matter? Just food for thought.
    now that you put it in perspective..... you're right lol how silly of me

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
      now that you put it in perspective..... you're right lol how silly of me
      The only reason I say that is because I've had close friends in this line of work get the word about a job posting way in advance and they played it close to the vest in an effort to be one of the first 100 applicants. I cannot say I blame them lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by kwaz View Post
        The only reason I say that is because I've had close friends in this line of work get the word about a job posting way in advance and they played it close to the vest in an effort to be one of the first 100 applicants. I cannot say I blame them lol.
        I've seen idiots in other threads start/post in the threads about job openings......then cry the blues because they didn't get an interview or resume pulled.

Look at the hit count of this place someday, there are tons of folks not logged in/or a member of this place but still reading stuff being posted. Then add in all the folks that are logged in as members.......

One post about USMS hiring for Deputies could have well over 5K see it/apply due to that one post.......

Any jobs I've ever applied for on USAJOBs, I've never, ever posted about them beforehand..... maybe I'm just a selfish ***** but that's just me. Less competition means perhaps a new gig for my ***......

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
          I've seen idiots in other threads start/post in the threads about job openings......then cry the blues because they didn't get an interview or resume pulled.

Look at the hit count of this place someday, there are tons of folks not logged in/or a member of this place but still reading stuff being posted. Then add in all the folks that are logged in as members.......

One post about USMS hiring for Deputies could have well over 5K see it/apply due to that one post.......

Any jobs I've ever applied for on USAJOBs, I've never, ever posted about them beforehand..... maybe I'm just a selfish ***** but that's just me. Less competition means perhaps a new gig for my ***......
          Absolutely, I enjoy posting vacancies on here that I absolutely have no interest in (I'm looking at you SSA in St Paul Minnesota, Arkansas, etc etc etc). Jobs that really peak my interest I don't say a peep about. I really do care for the agencies that are starting to limit the number of applications they will accept before it closes. Now we just need to get rid of those ridiculous KSA questions where the majority of applicants claim to be expert on everything and I think we will be on the right track.

And da*mn right you need to be selfish. Whose going to feed your family? Sure as h*** won't be the guy who got the job who you (figuratively speaking) tipped off in advance about the vacancy.
          Last edited by kwaz; 04-26-2016, 12:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
            can someone please tell me when the fudge is the announcement coming out? this waiting is killing me
            At this point... Vegas has the over-under at May 16th.

Comment

• Just to let everyone know they just put out an 1811-12 listing on USAJOB will close when 500 applicants is reached.

Your welcome

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmycoughdrops View Post
                Just to let everyone know they just put out an 1811-12 listing on USAJOB will close when 500 applicants is reached.

Your welcome
                And if you read said announcement, it already requires one to be a fed employee or vet and have completed CITP
                I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                  And if you read said announcement, it already requires one to be a fed employee or vet and have completed CITP
                  AND one has to have 52 weeks at a GS-11 to be considered. No education substitution.
                  Last edited by kwaz; 04-27-2016, 06:16 AM.

Comment

• 2016 U.S. Marshals Service Announcement

I applied for the status announcement today. Good luck.

Sent from my SNES using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by EagleFist13; 04-27-2016, 07:11 AM.
                    Peace out...war in!

Comment

• Ok, so the lateral announcement is out on USAJOBS.

Now, i dont want to be called a negative nancy, and MOST of you probably know this , HOWEVER...i feel its my duty as a good person to point out a few discrepancy's in the announcement that they are using to entice current Criminal Investigators to this agency......

From the announcement:

Duties

Major duties of this position include (but are not limited to):
                      •Conducting a variety of complex criminal investigations and apprehends wanted federal fugitives for the U.S. Courts, other federal agencies.
                      •Participating in joint task forces which are composed of Marshals Service, federal, state, and local law enforcement personnel.
                      •Developing facts and evidence by utilizing a wide range of investigative techniques.
                      •Identifying and developing behavioral, communication, travel, financial, and other patterns concerning the fugitive, relatives, associates, and associated organizations.
                      •Determining the whereabouts of the fugitives based on communication records (including electronic and paper), and information on family members and associates.
                      •Gathering, evaluating, and analyzing available facts, evidence, and intelligence information and determines if there is a need for further fact-finding.
                      •Participating in criminal investigations involving non-compliant sex offenders.
                      •Assisting in conducting investigations of threats to the judiciary and those persons designated by the Attorney General.
                      •Assisting Witness Security Inspectors by providing protection during child visitations and protection for witnesses at safe sites during court productions or movements.

Ok, so what is wrong with that you say? Well let ol' Nancy educate you. Those 9 bullet points above that are the "major duties" ....youll be lucky to do any in some offices, one in most. Major duties? Not even close. Whats hilarious is that they hide the reality of the job in the "(but are not limited to)" language. Not a single mention of court, the bread and butter of the USMS? Not a single mention of cellblock duties? No hook and haul? No boat seizures, social security civil summons, no inmate property collateral duties, no jail inspections....nothing?? Interesting how they advertise the 1% of the USMS as the major duties while the 99% of the duties are subjugated to a disclaimer of (but are not limited to).

Again, most of you should be educated enough in the USMS to know this or at least have an idea, so please no hate mail of " why should you be able to get the job but then talk bad about it and talk others out of it" blah blah blah. Im just looking out for those that dont have a clue. Caveat Emptor, warriors, caveat emptor.
                      USMS Region 3
                      Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
                      Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
                      Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
                      BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
                      Medical:2/15/10
                      MedicalReview: 4/15/10
                      FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
                      Drug: 6/5/10
                      Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
                      Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
                      Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
                      Written: 12/27/10
                      NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
                      To:
                      Medical:

Comment

• Thanks for the heads up fellas

Comment

• Does anyone know if they cap out at 12 with LEAP or can they promote to a 13 if they run a unit or have to be a supervisor?

Thanks I was just curious of the journeyman level for the Marshals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delivering Trust View Post
                            Does anyone know if they cap out at 12 with LEAP or can they promote to a 13 if they run a unit or have to be a supervisor?

Thanks I was just curious of the journeyman level for the Marshals.
                            Capped at 12

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

• Journeyman is 12 but later you can compete for inspector and supervisor positions. I have heard certain inspector positions are more difficult to obtain than others. Again that is what I have heard, I am not a DUSM.

IMO it will be interesting to see what locations are offered to the lateral applicants who complete the process. Will current 1811's really be interested in going to Laredo? Probably not, but if attractive locations are offered that could be a huge factor in getting people to jump ship and go to the USMS.

Comment

• Perspective is everything but I'm not in the business of taking paycuts if I don't have to lol. Not my cup of tea, but I'm sure for my one little "meh, not interested" there are thousands willing to give up their GS13 or GS14 for the title of US Marshal.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9509 users online. 394 members and 9115 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X