300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by m.p.c View Post
    One very big plus with the USMS, which in the long run would seem to make sense. Imagine the stress of a rookie in the FBI who is told at graduation you have to be at point A by this date. Good luck moving! At least the USMS allows for some time to get squared away beforehand
    Yeah, well.....on the other hand you get a 13 in the FBI, and if you end up on the border with the FBI or DEA, its considered a hardship assignment and once you spend 5(?) years there you get your choice of duty location. Try that with the Marshals they will laugh you out of the office. The "other" agencies will purchase your existing house for you when you transfer to your next spot also, making moving easier. USMS will only do that for higher ups. They all have their positives and negatives.
    USMS Region 3
    Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
    Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
    Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
    BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
    Medical:2/15/10
    MedicalReview: 4/15/10
    FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
    Drug: 6/5/10
    Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
    Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
    Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
    Written: 12/27/10
    NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
    To:
    Medical:

Comment

• Everywhere has the good and the bad, that's life. At the end of the day, it really isn't heavy lifting and you get what you put into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
        Yeah, well.....on the other hand you get a 13 in the FBI, and if you end up on the border with the FBI or DEA, its considered a hardship assignment and once you spend 5(?) years there you get your choice of duty location. Try that with the Marshals they will laugh you out of the office. The "other" agencies will purchase your existing house for you when you transfer to your next spot also, making moving easier. USMS will only do that for higher ups. They all have their positives and negatives.
        I am unsure how accurate this is. I heard many 1811s on the boarder say once you get put there, your likely not leaving. At least on DEA end.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by IRS1811 View Post
          A few questions for those in the know. I’ll preface it by saying I understand the G can pretty much do whatever it wants since most Fed LEOs sign mobility agreements. However, I see there are 8 fairly large Hiring Regions. I'm wondering if you are only told you are going to a specific region or district and not necessarily the office when you accept the position and head off to training? Or…does the USMS let you know the specific city/office where you will be stationed when you accept the position? I know the FBI and DEA don’t tell you until mid-training and I’ve even seen my agency do inter-field office switches mid-training as well. Just curious as to what the typical procedure is for the USMS.

Thanks!
          Thanks for all the replies folks! I look forward to throwing my hat in for the coming (hopefully soon) 1811 lateral announcement.

Comment

• Originally posted by SSgtPMO View Post
            I am unsure how accurate this is. I heard many 1811s on the boarder say once you get put there, your likely not leaving. At least on DEA end.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
            This may depend on WHERE on the border. I know where *i* was it was a hardship, but i guess that doesnt mean every single place on the border is...
            USMS Region 3
            Info Session: Aug 2009 (Atlanta)
            Interview: 10/26/09 (Atlanta)
            Conditional Offer: 1/15/10
            BackgroundInt: 2/1/10
            Medical:2/15/10
            MedicalReview: 4/15/10
            FIT: 5/10/10 (Excellent)
            Drug: 6/5/10
            Fletc: APRIL 6, 2011!!!
            Duty Station: Laredo,Tx

__________________________________________________ ______________________________
            Border Patrol AgentApplied: 11/15/10
            Written: 12/27/10
            NOR: 12/29/10 (96)
            To:
            Medical:

Comment

• I checked the 2012 USMS Announcement Thread and cross-referenced the job posting date with the page number of the thread... page 23. We are almost at 19, so I would say we are on the latter end of HR shenanigans! As we all know, Officer.com dictates job announcement dates...

If the USMS wanted to keep there costs down for a hiring drive, why make a 2+ month pre-announcement? That is the exact reason why they get 30,000 applications in under 24 hours! HR logic: We have a limited budget for this hiring drive so lets tell the entire world and every local law enforcement officer 2+ months prior that we are hiring... makes sense right? They are trying to avoid the mess that was created by the 2012 announcement by increasing the time for people to prepare for the announcement? Dumb.
              They should just post this Saturday at midnight for 5,000 apps... word would most certainly spread and they will meet 5,000 apps in 24 hours easily and not have 30,000+ apps to go through... but that makes sense and only saves $$$$. That goes against everything HR stands for.

Comment

• First rule of being a government worker, you aren't allowed to use logic

Comment

• TSLs are going out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sceptre6 View Post
                    I checked the 2012 USMS Announcement Thread and cross-referenced the job posting date with the page number of the thread... page 23. We are almost at 19, so I would say we are on the latter end of HR shenanigans! As we all know, Officer.com dictates job announcement dates...

If the USMS wanted to keep there costs down for a hiring drive, why make a 2+ month pre-announcement? That is the exact reason why they get 30,000 applications in under 24 hours! HR logic: We have a limited budget for this hiring drive so lets tell the entire world and every local law enforcement officer 2+ months prior that we are hiring... makes sense right? They are trying to avoid the mess that was created by the 2012 announcement by increasing the time for people to prepare for the announcement? Dumb.
                    They should just post this Saturday at midnight for 5,000 apps... word would most certainly spread and they will meet 5,000 apps in 24 hours easily and not have 30,000+ apps to go through... but that makes sense and only saves $$$$. That goes against everything HR stands for.
                    Didn't the 2012 announcement have a 5,000 app caveat?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantastic� View Post
                      TSLs are going out.
                      I received a tentative offer today for Puerto Rico. I guess the interview went well

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmycoughdrops View Post
                        I received a tentative offer today for Puerto Rico. I guess the interview went well
                        Yep, same got my TSL too.

Comment

• Any idea when other announcements will be issued out? Don't go quiet now

Comment

• 2016 U.S. Marshals Service Announcement

I agree... Anyone know what timeframe we might be looking at for the next announcement. Have heard several rumors but nothing really informative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by kscu View Post
                              I agree... Anyone know what timeframe we might be looking at for the next announcement. Have heard several rumors but nothing really informative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Be on the alert for this summer. No sooner than June.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
                                Be on the alert for this summer. No sooner than June.
                                The next one is for recent graduates.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6130 users online. 319 members and 5811 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X