300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jtl323 View Post
    I also cannot imagine there being THAT many 1811's from other agencies wanting to come over here. Perhaps some agents that think that they will get more street and door kicking time than their current posting, which may or may not happen, but.....most of any of these agents would be giving up journeyman 13 slots for a 12 that may never get to 13 journeyman.
    Consider those that need a better location or prefer M-F 8-5. I am sure there will be some movement within the fed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

• Does current USMS employees know how many positions the USMS is trying to fill?

Comment

• I have been keeping up with this post and I know I was not selected for an interview the PR announcement, but I do have a couple questions. I am new at this so bare with me if this is a repeated question. I received the NOR score for the PR announcement but it didn't have a score, is the US Marshal test just a pass or fail? The email looked like this (see below), it does say eligible. Also if I am eligible I am assuming when another announcement comes out I still need to apply, but I don't need to retest..is that correct? .......Thank you all in advance for any information you can provide.

This is not a job offer. This notice

provides information contained in your record as it appears in the files of the Servicing Office shown above. Your qualification and any

veteran preference claims are subject to verification. You may be contacted by the Hiring Agency for further interviewing.

Series - PositionTitle: 0082 - Deputy United States Marshal

Vacancy ID: 1480799

Announcement Number: CK1480799BD

Date of Availability:

Full-time Employment: Yes

Part-time Employment: None

Temporary Employment: None

Travel Availability: None

Geographic Availability:

San Juan, PR

Veteran Preference: 10 Points - CPS (not adjudicated)

You must meet all medical, suitability, and qualification requirements to be considered for a position.

Spec Code: Spec Title: Grade: Rating:

001 Merit Promotion Candidates/VEOA Eligibles 07 EL

Rating Code: Rating Message:

EL You are eligible for this specialty and grade

Comment

• So I got my NOR for the PR announcement and I'm quite dissapointed.

Spec Title: Merit Promotion Candidates/VEOA Eligibles

Grade: 07

Rating: 94

-----------------------------------------------------------

Referral Type: Current or former employees with Federal Civil Service status or VEOA candidates

Referral Name:

Vet Pref:

Locations:

San Juan, PR

Status Code: Status Message:

NR - Not We have reviewed your application and found you qualified for the position listed above that have this

Referred Status code. However, you were not among the most highly qualified candidates. Therefore, your name

will not be referred to the employing agency at this time. If we receive a request from the agency for

additional candidates, your application will then be reviewed for possible referral.

It saddens me to think I'm not going to be a DUSM. I had watched the 2012 thread through the years after I missed the veteran hiring. Got my bachelor's degree then interned with the U.S. Marshals thinking that would help. However, by the results of this notice, my score won't change much for the next announcement. I just don't have it in me to get a master's degree and wait for the 2019-20(?) announcement when I'll be 35 years old.

I just don't get what else I'm supposed to do. I served my 5 years in the Marines, got my bachelor's degree, completed a USMS internship, and now I'm doing local law enforcement. I didn't even make the list!

I would just move on, maybe go 1811 with another agency, but I imagine the same thing happening because I've been applying for the past 2 years. I feel hopeless I feel like I've wasted so much time checking USJobs day in day out only to never even get an interview.
          Last edited by Lost2Apathy; 04-01-2016, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost2Apathy View Post
            So I got my NOR for the PR announcement and I'm quite dissapointed.

Referral Type: Current or former employees with Federal Civil Service status or VEOA candidates

Referral Name:

Vet Pref:

Locations:

San Juan, PR

NR - Not We have reviewed your application and found you qualified for the position listed above that have this

Referred Status code. However, you were not among the most highly qualified candidates. Therefore, your name

will not be referred to the employing agency at this time. If we receive a request from the agency for

additional candidates, your application will then be reviewed for possible referral.

It saddens me to think I'm not going to be a DUSM. I had watched the 2012 thread through the years after I missed the veteran hiring. Got my bachelor's degree then interned with the U.S. Marshals thinking that would help. However, by the results of this notice, my score won't change much for the next announcement. I just don't have it in me to get a master's degree and wait for the 2019-20(?) announcement when I'll be 35 years old.

I just don't get what else I'm supposed to do. I served my 5 years in the Marines, got my bachelor's degree, completed a USMS internship, and now I'm doing local law enforcement. I didn't even make the list!

I would just move on, maybe go 1811 with another agency, but I imagine the same thing happening because I've been applying for the past 2 years. I feel hopeless I feel like I've wasted so much time checking USJobs day in day out only to never even get an interview.
            Unless you say you're an expert on everything when you do the job questionnaire you will unlikely ever get any federal job...it really is a big scam

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

Referral Name:

Vet Pref:

Locations:

San Juan, PR

Apply to BP, CBP or BOP

Comment

• I got my NOR today and was referred with a rating of 101. I don't know if this was accumulated with the assessment and the interview in Arlington. But I'm happy to know I didn't waste my money on the flight.

Comment

• Generally nors are strictly based off of the job questionnaires plus any applicable veterans points

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't quit, but don't quit keeping your options open either. Start by going somewhere you don't want to go doing the job other people don't want to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post
                      Apply to BP, CBP or BOP
                      Wouldn't have helped in giving him more points. He was DQd on his score alone which is about on par for 1811 jobs with a 94. Last HSI opening was 96+
                      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
                        I wonder if they'll fill that 11/12 announcement up as fast. I can't imagine a lot of people who have already completed CITP who are already in 1811s flocking to USMS to give up their current investigator spots. But just speculating. Guess most of us will be standing by for the traditional hiring announcement.

It also says recent graduates pathway; meaning you have to have already graduated? Thought it was for those in the process of obtaining a degree as well.
                        DUSM GL-0082 07 Government wide Posting Date: TBD
                        Honest truth, it would suck to take the DUSM position at GL-7 then have to wait several years to get my GS-12 back. Not worth it unless I get the exact location I want. Otherwise just not worth it. They probably would have better luck attracting current federal LEOs if they at least offered GL-9 to guys who haven't been to CITP.

The guys who have been to CITP aren't going to be too interested in not only taking a permanent pay cut from GS-13 to GS-12, but also having to go back to the academy, and getting stuck doing court security and prisoner transports instead of complex investigations.
                        What is Perseverance?
                        -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                        -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                        -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Rewind back to 2008 and the USMS was the only agency where I wanted to work. After I missed out on the FCIP, I was devastated, but life goes on.

Don't give up. It's not easy to get an 1811 job, believe me, I know, I have been trying for 8 years. The first thing you need to do is stop the clock and get some experience. That means that you should be looking at Federal LE positions that are a series other than 1811. BPA, CBPO, BOP CO, US Park Police, US Capital Police, etc.

That internship you did was great, and the fact that you have a Bachelors and are a vet make you a good candidate already, but if you want to be pushed over the top you need the experience, and you need to stop the clock. Work on that Masters degree too if you want.

This is a very competitive field. Thousands are applying for these jobs and sometimes getting hired has more to do with sheer luck than anything else.
                          What is Perseverance?
                          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

• Originally posted by TheKansan View Post
                            Rewind back to 2008 and the USMS was the only agency where I wanted to work. After I missed out on the FCIP, I was devastated, but life goes on.

Don't give up. It's not easy to get an 1811 job, believe me, I know, I have been trying for 8 years. The first thing you need to do is stop the clock and get some experience. That means that you should be looking at Federal LE positions that are a series other than 1811. BPA, CBPO, BOP CO, US Park Police, US Capital Police, etc.

That internship you did was great, and the fact that you have a Bachelors and are a vet make you a good candidate already, but if you want to be pushed over the top you need the experience, and you need to stop the clock. Work on that Masters degree too if you want.

This is a very competitive field. Thousands are applying for these jobs and sometimes getting hired has more to do with sheer luck than anything else.
                            The competition is feirce, I would like the current feds to generate a pro con list for the aspiring applicants. I am in process with big 3 letter agency and all the cons and risk seem to show an unknown benefit. I am just passionate about the work itslf. Hard to see why people adore this field with so much risk, relocating, pay cuts, time away from family etc.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

Referral Name:

Vet Pref:

Locations:

San Juan, PR

So you are saying you did not interview for the USMS position? I just want to confirm that the NOR had nothing to do with the interview scores. I'm assuming it was related to an evaluation of the resume or the online test, since there were not really any questions to be rated on in the initial application.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fantastic� View Post
                                So you are saying you did not interview for the USMS position? I just want to confirm that the NOR had nothing to do with the interview scores. I'm assuming it was related to an evaluation of the resume or the online test, since there were not really any questions to be rated on in the initial application.
                                Correct. Didn't even make the list.

Good luck.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8436 users online. 381 members and 8055 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X