Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=AbeFroman123;n6620848]Long time follower, first time poster. I don’t recall seeing many with my timeline, but wanted to post it for anyone who may still be in limbo after completing all but the fit.

Applied 2016 announcement
    interviewed oct 2016 Atlanta GA
    TO January 2017
    medical completed February/March of 2017
    backfround done March of 2017 and closed August 2017 from OPM
    drug testing may of 2017
    fit test not completed yet, nor any “good news” email.

Only correspondence from USMS is that I am an “active applicant” and they will contact me when they are ready.
    [/QUOTE

Here’s mine even longer wait then you!! Lol

Usms Vacancy

Applied 6/8/16
    Interview 8/30/16
    Tentative offer 8/31/16
    Medical 9/19/16
    Urinalysis 10/25/16
    OPM cleared background 10/2017
    Medical update 10/11/17

Fit ??? Hmmm

Last edited by usms-help1; 03-08-2018, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Last edited by hangman; 03-19-2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• Currently waiting on my Final Offer.

Comment

• Usmc0629
          Usmc0629 commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by Usmc0629; 03-22-2018, 05:04 PM.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
          ShockTroopDevilDog commented
          Editing a comment
          did you do your pt test on a track or on a treadmill?

• Usmc0629
          Usmc0629 commented
          Editing a comment
          On the track at a local college

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats brother. Keep running and training, especially when you get to FLETC and have the 12 or 13 weeks to train during CITP.

PT test will only be given running for real, no treadmill alternatives. Had to travel over an hour to the nearest school track for my test.

• Originally posted by USMC85 View Post
        Finished my PT test the other day and everything is looking good. If you are in the same spot please send me a message. We have a group Google group chat for the April class! Good luck everyone.
        Can I get the link for the Google group chat

Comment

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats to all of those applicants heading into the April class. I am happy for you!

• Usmc0629
          Usmc0629 commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by Usmc0629; 03-22-2018, 05:03 PM.

• i saw the pt standards on the usms website, but can someone help me understand what are the minimums you can get on the run in order to still pass? not worried about failing just want to know the range of time i should be within

Comment

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          I only post factual statements on things I know about. In the rare case I am speculating, I usually preface with that, or state that what I am posting is from an amigo in that agency/came from ____ source/etc.

Not every, but employed by three so far this year. Rejected an additional two in the last 12 months. And then my brother has done 2 in the last 12 months. So I have a decent experience-base to post and help others with.

At least people don't ask me "Are you ever not a dumb ***?" like someone asked you in a active thread going on right now, with others agreeing with that guy.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
          Editing a comment
          battlewagon Why don’t you go apply to 8 more agencies and post on the forums on how you worked there. You are probably a fatty who lives in his mommy’s basement and this is the only social interaction you have. You have worked in cbp, bp, usms, you flew the space shuttle around the moon and you are in the academy for another agency? I call BS on you

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          "I call BS on you" - shocktroopdevildog lol. And yet the next post below people and former coworkers are verifying me, whereas most people on here call you insults and words that get auto-replaced with ***s. And echoing my words exactly about the new PT test not being conducted at field offices due to not having the equipment at every office. You'd make a great 1811 with your sound deductions and investigatory skills. Since it isnt BS, what is your next attempt at an insult

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually, Battlewagon was in my Academy class. He is far from a "fatty." He is also incredibly knowledgeable and has actually worked for NUMEROUS agencies.

• Originally posted by ShockTroopDevilDog View Post
        battlewagon Why don’t you go apply to 8 more agencies and post on the forums on how you worked there. You are probably a fatty who lives in his mommy’s basement and this is the only social interaction you have. You have worked in cbp, bp, usms, you flew the space shuttle around the moon and you are in the academy for another agency? I call BS on you
        So I actually know battlewagon. He post a lot however he’s knows a lot about the federal process because he like hiring processes I guess.. dirty mike.. stay in one place bro. Cool dude.

the obstacle course is
        only conducted at fletc because the equipment needed can’t be shipped to every district so if you fail the new fit test twice I believe they ship you to fletc to do the obstacle course as your last stop before getting the boot. I will say if you fail the fit before getting hired on your done..

bench, grip, run, Illinois agility test. This test combined is suppose to give you the results you would have gotten on the official obstacle course. Science at its best.
        Last edited by jimmycoughdrops; 04-02-2018, 02:41 AM.

Comment

• Boys, boys. But honestly a lot of us have either worked for agencies or applied to them and went long enough to know a thing or two. Shy of a Martian landing under our belts I think most of us are credible in our claims.

Comment

• edit/.............

Comment

• For those who have made it through, how soon after your medical did they contact you for the next step?

Comment

• Originally posted by NWcountry31 View Post
              For those who have made it through, how soon after your medical did they contact you for the next step?
              If they start moving people towards the finish line close to an upcoming class, which seems to be the case, it moves quick. I hadn't heard anything in a while and got instructions to complete medical out of the blue. They followed up and needed me to go back and have something tested again.

Once they received that and said medical was good to go, I received the 'would you be willing to accept this location, and if so, this is your offer, pending a successful FIT test.' During the call, they told me the EOD date, and scheduled my FIT for the following week. Passed, some EOD paperwork was done via email, and I reported to FLETC between 2-3 weeks later. If you are a current federal employee, you get a travel day before FLETC. If you are not, your first day as a government employee is the first day of FLETC training, which is a few days with the Marshals before you start CITP.

From my medical being cleared to showing up at FLETC, it was a little over a month. Many of my classmates had to do a phone interview with the US Marshal at the office that was considering them, I personally did not.

One thing that may vary for others is I was a current FLEO with a clearance the USMS accepted as good to go, so I never did any background paperwork, no eQip updating, etc. If you are pending a BI clearing, it may go differently for you.

Good luck, and you better be PTing! But I'll let guys like jimmycoughdrops and others describe that!
              UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• NWcountry31
                NWcountry31 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks! More than likely will still need to do the eQIP update, etc. Current federal but non-LEO. Been workin out like crazy so fingers crossed. Things have been moving pretty quick. Congrats to You!

• Hey guys, does anyone know about how the process works after BI? I am being called by an intern in D.C. to do the next step which I need to be in town for which I presume is drug test and FIT test. Would this likely mean my BI is cleared and completed? Would they waste anytime with the next step if my BI isn't cleared. The BI was started in January and I was told it was moved to the highest priority by my investigator.
              "You're either getting better or you're getting worse, you never just stay the same"

Coach Woody Hayes

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                Editing a comment
                your background cleared.

• Cerebellum
                Cerebellum commented
                Editing a comment
                Your background is more than likely not clear. The intern that contacted you is probably calling for the drug test. The only way you know your background cleared is if you get the "good news" letter.

• What exactly is the "good news" letter? The FO?
              "You're either getting better or you're getting worse, you never just stay the same"

Coach Woody Hayes

Comment

• First time poster here. I just recently got scheduled for my structured interview later next week. The email states that I need to have my authorization release form and applicant wish list filled out by a certain date, however there is no attachment regarding the applicant wish list. Is there a standard form for this?

Comment

• Mf821
                  Mf821 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They send it to you.

• Kmiech
                  Kmiech commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That happened to me last time I was scheduled for the interview. Call the number back that contacted you for the interview and explain the situation. Just a small mistake on their end.

• Employment12
                  Employment12 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  If you can’t get ahold of them before the date those papers are due, DM me your email and I’ll send it to ya.

• I was called and apparently they are out of money and can't continue the process until the budget is changed again.

Coach Woody Hayes

Comment

• Originally posted by bocktagon View Post
                  I was called and apparently they are out of money and can't continue the process until the budget is changed again.
                  HR told you this?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5648 users online. 321 members and 5327 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X