Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know if we are still in consideration from the previous opening can we still apply to the current opening? Basically, I’m wondering if one application will affect the other? Thanks for the help.

Comment

• Meat0177
      Meat0177 commented
      Editing a comment
      It won't affect anything. Some stuff will actually transfer over.

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      There's an opening right now?

• legionnaire13
      legionnaire13 commented
      Editing a comment
      My bad.......my post was meant for another board. Sorry

• Anyone know how to get in contact with someone who can give a status update (such as the adjudication). I’ve completed everything except the PFT. Just been waiting on a call since before the previous academy to go do the PFT (approximately 6 months). All I’ve ever received was I’m an active candidate still.

Comment

• Vox Populous
      Vox Populous commented
      Editing a comment
      If you got the "Good news" email, your BI has been adjudicated. You won't get a call for a FIT unless you are next up for a specific location you selected.

• Here is an email I received today.

Comment

• USCG_ME1
      USCG_ME1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I received the same email. I am in the same position as you also. Completed everything awaiting the FIT. Haven't heard on my BI in awhile. Sent an email and just got the active applicant response also.

• Who you got the Good News email ?? I didn’t ,I know few guys who did !!

Comment

• So what happens if you didn't get the email and are in the USMS process? Is that not a good sign?

Comment

• The Good thing would to be receive the email! The email tells u to get ready for a fit test! Yes I am in the process just waiting for the Fi test/good news email !!!
        Last edited by usms-help1; 02-09-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• I believe there is another class starting in either June or July which was stated from earlier posts. So, hopefully if you didn’t get the call for the one in March you guys get the next one.

Comment

• Finished my PT test the other day and everything is looking good. If you are in the same spot please send me a message. We have a group Google group chat for the April class! Good luck everyone.

Comment

• NWcountry31
              NWcountry31 commented
              Editing a comment
              How soon after the medical did they schedule your PT test?

• Vox Populous
              Vox Populous commented
              Editing a comment
              Could be months. You won't get a FIT until they clear your BI.

• NWcountry31
              NWcountry31 commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a good thing for me. Getting over lung inflammation. Thanks!

• Originally posted by USMC85 View Post
            Finished my PT test the other day and everything is looking good. If you are in the same spot please send me a message. We have a group Google group chat for the April class! Good luck everyone.
            What locations did they offer you?

Comment

• USMC85
              USMC85 commented
              Editing a comment
              Deleted this comment
              Last edited by USMC85; 02-18-2018, 01:02 PM. Reason: Deleted

• I was called today today and was offered the western district of Texas. Including Del Rio and Pecos Texas. I respectfully declined.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meat0177 View Post
              I was called today today and was offered the western district of Texas. Including Del Rio and Pecos Texas. I respectfully declined.
              So does that mean you are "done"? Did they say they might call back later on and offer you another city?

Comment

• Meat0177
                Meat0177 commented
                Editing a comment
                He said I may get another offer. Didn't say for sure.

• Originally posted by hangman View Post

So does that mean you are "done"? Did they say they might call back later on and offer you another city?
              Most people who turned down initial calls for job offers in my USMS class got secondary calls. However, I would not read this and think you can strongarm your way to get a prime location. Know if you turn down a call, you may not get another. Or the second call may be for an equally 'undesirable' location that is now further away from home, higher COL, etc.
              UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Meat0177
                Meat0177 commented
                Editing a comment
                I never thought I was going to get a prime location, but I'm not going from one border ****hole to another, making 50g's less.

• Someone was saying the USMS has hundreds of vacancies. So where are these vacancies? All on the southern border and the DC circuit court?

Comment

• battlewagon
                battlewagon commented
                Editing a comment
                The recent graduates hiring announcement that opened today was for DC and Puerto Rico only, so that's a decent indicator.

• I guess if I ever get a call from the USMS, I will probably be declining it....

Comment

• Long time follower, first time poster. I don’t recall seeing many with my timeline, but wanted to post it for anyone who may still be in limbo after completing all but the fit.

Applied 2016 announcement
                interviewed oct 2016 Atlanta GA
                TO January 2017
                medical completed February/March of 2017
                backfround done March of 2017 and closed August 2017 from OPM
                drug testing may of 2017
                fit test not completed yet, nor any “good news” email.

Only correspondence from USMS is that I am an “active applicant” and they will contact me when they are ready.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11671 users online. 436 members and 11235 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X