Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi everyone. Does anyone have a work out routine for max BDUMS prep they can share on here? I've been doing burpies, all kinds of running (speed, hills, distance), light lifting. I'm looking for more suggestions. Thanks.
    Last edited by WarriorSix; 11-27-2017, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Has anyone taking a FIT Test recently that resides on the West Coast anywhere? I've read a lot of post of people on the East Coast (Virginia /Maryland /DC /NYC) but haven't read hardly anything on other states/cities.
      Last edited by AirborneRanger; 11-28-2017, 11:00 AM.

Comment

• polska123
        polska123 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes , had my fit test over a week ago . WA state

• led2016
        led2016 commented
        Editing a comment
        I had mine a couple of weeks ago in Phoenix.

• Does anyone know where the FIT test is normally conducted at? USMS facility? Local gym? High school or college track?

For those of you who have already taken a FIT, where did you do the 1.5 mile run?

Are FIT tests conducted in adverse conditions like -20, wind chill warnings, 50 mph winds, etc?

Comment

• dannygusmc
        dannygusmc commented
        Editing a comment
        Mine was conducted at a college track. I was the only one running it. Just the DUSM Coordinator and I there. Run, crunches, pushups only. It was cold AF. He advised the obvious, to dress for the weather here in DC.

• So I never got the email for the assessment and didn't realize there was supposed to be one. My status on USA Jobs was changed to: "Reviewed: Your application has been reviewed but no determination has been made." but received an email earlier about not taking the assessment.

Am I able to take the assessment or is it too late?
      Last edited by B00m; 11-28-2017, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• chipperjones
        chipperjones commented
        Editing a comment
        that is a question for the HR people on the posting, but I would think its too late. You got an email right after submission and I think they give like 2 days to do it. I doubt they will extend it for you, but worth a shot.

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah amigo youre too late by over a year. It probably went to your spam or junk folder.

• B00m
        B00m commented
        Editing a comment
        battlewagon, I applied to the one that closed like two months ago. ha, sorry.

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        Ah, well youre two months late then. The assessment had to be done ASAP. You can call them and see if they will cut you some slack.

• Polska can't be a DUSM, he's not even an American!

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorSix View Post
        Hi everyone. Does anyone have a work out routine for max BDUMS prep they can share on here? I've been doing burpies, all kinds of running (speed, hills, distance), light lifting. I'm looking for more suggestions. Thanks.
        do the Murph a couple times a month

Comment

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          Couple times a week is better.

• Second Murph this week. (No vest yet). The pull ups are tough but overall it's a good workout. I'm looking forward to adding the vest next week. It's going to be hell I'm sure. Any other suggestions?

Comment

• tomkolo
          tomkolo commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha. If you think that's a lot of volume -- BDUSM going to be torture for you.

• Meat0177
          Meat0177 commented
          Editing a comment
          You missed the point of my post. And if I do take the offer, I'm not the least bit worried about the physical aspect of the academy.

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think doing a Murph a couple (two) times a week is too excessive. I've been doing that and numerous other workouts for 10 weeks and I feel great.

A better suggestion would probably be sets of 100+ flutter kicks (in a suit or full duty belt), coupled with ten minute reps of the front lean and rest (push up position).

To each his/her own...

Everyone should listen to their body and approach fitness in whatever way they feel will best prepare them to carry around battleship ropes and PT for two hours.

It really is more mental than anything: either you want it or you don't. Those who truly want to be here will make it happen.
          Last edited by Vox Populous; 12-04-2017, 12:25 AM.

• Blackbeard526
          Blackbeard526 commented
          Editing a comment
          BDUSM is not a physical beast. Vox Populous is correct with his suggestion of flutter kicks and multiple minutes in the leaning rest though I wouldn't ruin a suit until you get to BDUSM. I recommend doing burpees and jumping jacks. Holding the plank wont hurt either.

• Just got my good news letter today. How many days or weeks after you received the letter did you get the call for the pt test. Also how far out did they let you go to schedule the test. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• USMC03xx
          USMC03xx commented
          Editing a comment
          When was your BI done and sent off to be adjudicated by the Marshals? If you don’t mind me asking. Mine was sent off like 4-5 months ago.

• LEO4LIFE
          LEO4LIFE commented
          Editing a comment
          ShockTroopDevilDog, it’s a lemail you get that starts off saying good news and talks about the next step in the hiring process for getting feb academy. Once your background is com Let’s you will receive this email. Then later in the week a phone call to complete the fitness test. Hope that helps.

• LEO4LIFE
          LEO4LIFE commented
          Editing a comment
          USMC03xx, my background was sent in to marshals in March, but then It was kicked back because the investigator forgot to interview two people. It took until November for them to finally interview those people and it took about a month to be approved.

• USMC03xx
          USMC03xx commented
          Editing a comment
          Best of luck bud. I’m patiently waiting for that call and my BI to be adjudicated. This process is painful!

• I also got the email today. My background has been adjudicated but I still haven't been scheduled for the fit test. Any other applicants on here that live in the Dallas area?

Comment

• At what point do they take your fingerprints? I’ve heard of guys having their prints taken immediately after their interview?

Comment

• Vox Populous
            Vox Populous commented
            Editing a comment
            Immediately after the Tentative Offer.

• Anybody else get this email from HR today?

Dear Deputy US Marshal Applicant:

Good News! You are eligible for the upcoming Basic Deputy Academy class which will begin on February 7, 2018, and held at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC). We are currently offering names to selecting officials and will make final offers of employment over the next thirty (30) days.
          Here are duty station locations available for this class:
          Region 1:
          W/NY – Office location to be determined
          S/NY- Manhattan

Region 2:
          Washington DC – Superior Court
          Washington DC – District Court

Region 3
          Puerto Rico
          Virgin Islands

Region 4
          W/WI - Madison
          E/WI – Office location to be determined
          N/IL - Chicago
          Region 6
          ND – Bismarck
          SD – Pierre

Region 7
          S/TX – Laredo
          NM- Albuquerque
          S/CA – San Diego

Region 8
          AK – Anchorage
          NV – Los Vegas

Please let us know by Thursday 12/7/2017 if you are interested in any of these locations. Feel free to pick as many as you are willing to accept as a duty location. Remember, this was a nationwide announcement and hiring locations are determined by the needs of the US Marshals Service. In looking at your office wish list, many of the locations you have listed are not normally filled by an entry level position. This is your opportunity to let us know you are willing to go to other locations such as the locations listed above.
          The next BDUSM class is scheduled for July 2018. This will be the last job opportunity for applicants from the 2016 DUSM certificates as we plan to close them in 2018.

Comment

• hangman
            hangman commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't receive that email and my background was recently completed by OPM and sent to the USMS for adjudication. I wonder if I should be concerned?

• WarriorSix
            WarriorSix commented
            Editing a comment
            LEO4LIFE, dont be so sensitive, no one bashed anyone. I certainly have the right to give my opinion based on the available information/ no replies. Which it wasnt farfetched to disbelieve the info. Afterall, over the past 18 months we have received false info on here on several occassions. I even gave the benefit of the doubt as a concluding statement in my last message. This happened once so "not everone on here is a troll" .... I agree No need to take it to another level.I was wrong and that is okay, its allowed ..... Good luck to everyone who is trying to get to the BDUSM course .... See you there.
            Last edited by WarriorSix; 12-08-2017, 06:30 AM.

• LEO4LIFE
            LEO4LIFE commented
            Editing a comment
            WarriorSix, no point intended. I have been following this form for a long time and just recently signed up to comment on the forum. I have seen lots of trolls as well. I’m not sensitive just wanted to squash any rumors and back the post with factual information. My good friend is a DUSM and has given me lots of information to support what I have stated. I apologize if my posted seemed like it was directed towards you, but really it was meant to squash the fake news claims. Yes everyone is intitled to their opinions and yours matters. Good luck in the Academy. Remember once we all are in the academy together we are all one team and family. Once again good luck on getting a spot.
            Last edited by LEO4LIFE; 12-08-2017, 01:17 PM.

• WarriorSix
            WarriorSix commented
            Editing a comment
            Likewise Brother

• HRD would say office to be determined because the District has several office locations that fall under them and people may be given the opportunity in those districts to transfer. The district still knows it’s down a Deputy, but doesn’t know what office they will work under until the indivualds who currently work for them have the oppertunity to move around afforded to them. Whether they take it or not is on them. This is just an educated guess as one of my friends who is a deputy has told me they offer people to switch offices inside districts before they hire new deputies.

Comment

• I heard that for the August 2017 class HRD called people with a tentative offer first and then followed up later on with an emailed Final Offer. Has anyone gotten "The Call" for this February class? Or do you all think that call are going to start going out now that this Good News-2.0 email has gone out?

Comment

• JDP561
              JDP561 commented
              Editing a comment
              I received a call Tuesday from HRD stating that I’d likely receive my FO in 1-2 weeks and to be prepared to report to the academy Feb. 6th, as I’m not a federal employee.

• Just wanted to tell everyone to keep an eye out on your phones from the areas on the list. Just received a phone call from one of the locations to set up a virtual phone interview with them. Progress is moving. I take my fit test Monday and interview with the district later that day. Good luck guys and I look forward to seeing you all in the academy hopefully sooner then later.

Comment

• I got the call today! I accepte the location of Albuquerque, New Mexico. Hope to see some of you guys in February.

Comment

• LEO4LIFE
                LEO4LIFE commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats Mkb7188 and dannygusmc. I hope to see you guys in the academy.

• LEO4LIFE
                LEO4LIFE commented
                Editing a comment
                Dannyguc just curious how you landed Baltimore. Was I️t on your initial wish list or did you just receive a call for that location?

• dannygusmc
                dannygusmc commented
                Editing a comment
                It wasn’t. DC was though. My resume was sent to the area chiefs and I received a call asking if I was interested for that location and I said yes.

• Vox Populous
                Vox Populous commented
                Editing a comment
                dannygusmc, welcome aboard. I look forward to working with you.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9801 users online. 357 members and 9444 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X