Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you all go on Application Manager via the application on USAJOBS, does it have a copy of the letter? Usually when you are referred or not, it shows on that. Mine is showing the same "completed" satus as August so at least we are not out of the game until we get the "thanks, but no thanks" email.

Comment

• I just completed my medical yesterday. Wondering how long it took some of you to be scheduled for the FIT? Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• dannygusmc
        dannygusmc commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey brother, unfortunately they will not contact you for the FIT until your Background is adjudicated. Then they’ll contact you within 90days of an academy date. The FIT must be within 90-days of the academy start date. I know the wait is a long one.. Hope this helps.

• I interviewed 08/31/2016.....Emailed them right after the last announcement. They say I'm still an active applicant.....The waiting game

Comment

• Here is my process to date:

US Marshals Hiring/2016

* Applied - 6/8/2016
        * External Assessment - 6/8/2016
        * Referral Letter/NOR 93 - 8/15/2016
        * Received Applicant Forms and Interview dates - 9/23/2016
        * Scheduled Interview - 9/29/2016
        * Tentative Offer 2/22/2017
        * Email from HR to Verify Address - 3/14/2017
        * Background SF-86 Received - 3/14/2017
        * Request for New Of-306 - 3/20/2017
        * Medical Exam - 4/5/2017
        * Drug Test - 7/12/2017
        ***NO CONTACT SINCE - 7/12/2017***

* FIT Test - TBA
        * Final Offer Letter - TBA

Is anyone here on the West Coast taken the FIT test or been scheduled in recent weeks/days?
        Last edited by AirborneRanger; 11-21-2017, 11:20 AM.

Comment

• usms-help1
          usms-help1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Here is my timeline
          Usms Vacancy
          Applied 6/8/16
          Interview 8/30/16
          Tentative offer 8/31/16
          Medical 9/19/16
          Urinalysis 10/25/16
          Background complete 9/2017
          Fit ???

Looks like they are still working on your background airborne ranger!!

• Looking into the interview process I came across a document from the 2012 announcement stating structured interviews take two hours. Can anyone confirm? Two hours seems like a long time to be grilled with questions.

Comment

• Hi All, anyone else going through the process for Announcement # CK1996796BD, GL-0082-07, DUSM?
          Timeline thus far:

08/24/17 - Applied/Announcement Closed
          11/21/17 - Received Referral Notice
          Best of luck to everyone!

Comment

• Scored a 93 on the 2016 announcement and wasn't referred and haven't heard anything for 2017 other than referrals are going out this week per HR.

Comment

• Received an email from USMS Recruiting regarding upcoming interview dates for December. Anyone else receive this email as well? I am from the August 2017 hiring announcement.

Comment

• NWcountry31
                NWcountry31 commented
                Editing a comment
                I just received the email for December interviews. Closest to me is Dallas.

• Just received my referral for the 2017 vacancy. Still an active candidate in the 2016 vacancy. So we will see what happens.

Comment

• LEO4LIFE
                LEO4LIFE commented
                Editing a comment
                Kmiech I also reapplied for the 2017 announcement to be safe. I scored a 99 on the exam. I am currently waiting for them to approve my background clearance. All the field work has been completed. Do you think we will have to go through everything for the second announcement having completed the 2016 process already? Just wondering if you know or have intel on it. Good luck.

• I recieved that as well. Not sure what to make of it, I was surprised as I wasn't going to fly anywhere to interview so I declined an earlier chance in 2016. I figured my chances went into the proverbial circular file. Now I can interview in my home town. I don't know if they really want to hire, or somebody has to purge past candidates.
              any body know?

Comment

• chipperjones
                chipperjones commented
                Editing a comment
                So they didn't give you another chance to interview somewhere else? I'm not gonna fly that far for an interview either.

• battlewagon
                battlewagon commented
                Editing a comment
                Not sure what you mean by if they really want to hire. There are three classes minimum FY 2018, so that's quite a lot of slots compared to USMS hiring of past. The interview locations have changed vs the 2016 ones, but for a while they have hosted the interviews in major cities, usually 3 of them. If you aren't willing to travel for your interview, there are no other options (local office, etc).

• Does anyone know the priority for this announcement? Does non competitive get preference over merit / VEOA? Thanks.

Comment

• Has anyone received "the call" to ship out in Feb?

Comment

• Can anyone who completed the fit variefy that how they conducted it. What order also did you do fat percentage and sit and reach. I have read conflicting information on this. I’m read it’s you have a minute for push-ups and sit ups. Then it’s the run. Also heard some say they had to do the sit and reach and then some say they didn’t. If you do the sit and reach what number does it start at? Just wondering. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by LEO4LIFE View Post
                    Can anyone who completed the fit variefy that how they conducted it. What order also did you do fat percentage and sit and reach. I have read conflicting information on this. I’m read it’s you have a minute for push-ups and sit ups. Then it’s the run. Also heard some say they had to do the sit and reach and then some say they didn’t. If you do the sit and reach what number does it start at? Just wondering. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
                    When I did it this year, there was no body fat measurement. Sit and reach first, but the office didn't have the machine, so it was a guesstimate. Some people in my class didn't do it at all. The test for me was one minute of push-ups, sit ups, then mile and a half. Five minute breaks between
                    UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                    "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• LEO4LIFE
                      LEO4LIFE commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the info battlewagon.

• led2016
                      led2016 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I just completed mine last week. I did everything to include body fat measurement and sit and reach. The DUSM that conducted the test told me that those two things aren’t disqualifying but the marshals like to track it. He took the best score out of three attempts for the sit and reach. I passed everything just hoping for a class date now.

• I think it depends on your district and administrator. But sit and reach was conducted at mine. Other then that it was real laid back. But I was only one taking FIT as well. Hoping calls go out before Christmas.

Comment

• LEO4LIFE
                      LEO4LIFE commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the info RettAllan17. Good luck on getting a call for the class. I hope my fit test is scheduled soon.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4962 users online. 314 members and 4648 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X