Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIT scheduled.

Comment

• Does anyone know about morale within the USMS? Do most deputies like the job? Or does the USMS have a high turnover?

Comment

• It varies district to district. There has been a huge push towards progressive leadership, which is evidenced by the strength of the training division.

Personally, I could not be happier. My specific district is amazing. The Chief is all about being proactive and training. The Marshal is the pinnacle of moral leadership. However, there are many districts that do not benefit from their administration's demeanor.

In the end, this will be whatever we make of it. If there is a problem, it's up to us to fix it.
      ​​​​​​

Comment

• Do they contact you by phone or email to schedule the fit test?

Comment

• led2016
          led2016 commented
          Editing a comment
          There should be a DUSM that calls you from an office located closest to you.

• MaxD1207
          MaxD1207 commented
          Editing a comment
          Last edited by MaxD1207; 11-16-2017, 08:15 PM.

• FIT Scheduled

Comment

• The External Deputy U.S. Marshal Hiring Drive

HRD has completed the 2017 hiring drive and is in discussion with OPM to set up more hiring in 2018. We plan to kicked off 2018 hiring with the Student Pathway Recent Graduate (RG) Announcement at the entry level DUSM, GL-0082-07. This RG announcement will post as a public/DE announcement and will not be limited to status government employees. Applicants who apply will be eligible for positions and locations posted in the announcement.

Currently the order of posting announcements will be:

o Internal MP DUSM Announcement Closed 3/31/2017

o 2017 DUSM MP (Gov't Only) NW Closed 8/24/2017

o DUSM Recent Graduate Pathways Posting Date: Spring 2018

o Excepted Service Hiring Authority TBD

o Internal MP DUSM Announcement Posting Date: March 2019

As a reminder, the USMS has three (3) Basic Deputy Classes tentatively scheduled for FY18:

February 2018
          April 2018
          July 2018

Last edited by MaxD1207; 11-14-2017, 09:50 AM.

Comment

• Njw85
            Njw85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Max any update on excepted service/schedule B?

• MaxD1207
            MaxD1207 commented
            Editing a comment
            We are waiting on approval to hire through the Excepted Service hiring authority. A bill is with Congress, both House and Senate, and we hope it gets approved in FY2018. Until then, our hiring process will continue to be the same beginning with posting the job announcement, applicants applying and applicant eligibility screening. These will be done by OPM through the USAJOBS system. Following that screening, applicants will be interviewed by USMS interview teams and ultimately placed on a hiring certificate based on their performance on all the assessments, including the Structured Interview. HRD will then begin sending out tentative job offers and those applicants receiving the letter will begin the pre-employment process which includes a Medical Examination, Background Investigation, Drug Testing and Fitness Testing. We will continue to hire new external Deputy U.S. Marshals at the GL-0082-07 level. This renews our efforts to hire a high caliber of new deputies as we continue to build a strong operational workforce for the future.

• The word is that they are wrapping up the Puerto Rican announcement . Anyone get a call to schedule a fit test that did not apply for the PR announcement ? JW

Here is my Timeline

Usms Vacancy
          Applied 6/8/16
          Interview 8/30/16
          Tentative offer 8/31/16
          Medical 9/19/16
          Urinalysis 10/25/16
          Background complete 9/2017
          Fit ??? Hmmm

Comment

• Completed FIT today. Not a Puerto Rico applicant though.

Comment

• usms-help1
              usms-help1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats!!
              Thanks for the response!!!

• Double post.

Comment

• Completed the FIT today. Has anyone else been given a district prior to the FIT? I was solo today with the DUSM monitoring, he said usually in the past they have been giving the district assignment prior to the FIT, wasn’t sure if any others have been designated per their wish list.
              Last edited by dannygusmc; 11-15-2017, 01:31 PM.

Comment

• FedWannaBe27
                FedWannaBe27 commented
                Editing a comment
                Have you been offered a field office yet? Did the DUSM that you were with provide any additional insight on when they might offer field offices after the FIT test?

• dannygusmc
                dannygusmc commented
                Editing a comment
                No I have not been offered a field office/district yet. Wish list was DC-Houston-San Antonio.. FIT DUSM laughed and said anyone that put DC is definitely going there. He did not have a timeline on when the offers would go out.

• LEO4LIFE
                LEO4LIFE commented
                Editing a comment
                Dannygusmc & FedWannaBe2,

Just wanted to let you know that they normally have you completed the Fit test first before an offer is made. Once the test has been passed, HR sends your resume along with your results of everything to the agencies who need bodies. The chiefs at the agencies reviews your information and hand selects the candidates they want at their station. As they make these selections, HR receives them and send you the offer from the department that selected you. On some occasions if a chief is having a hard time picking candidates, he will call you for a phone interview, before he makes his final selection.

On certain occasions they will select you first before taking the fit test, as they need to fill up the class and have ran out of time to do it the other way. They send you the offer stating you must pass fit before it is final.

Hope this helps.

• LEO4LIFE
                LEO4LIFE commented
                Editing a comment
                Dannygusmc & FedWannaBe2,

Just wanted to let you know that they normally have you completed the Fit test first before an offer is made. Once the test has been passed, HR sends your resume along with your results of everything to the agencies who need bodies. The chiefs at the agencies reviews your information and hand selects the candidates they want at their station. As they make these selections, HR receives them and send you the offer from the department that selected you. On some occasions if a chief is having a hard time picking candidates, he will call you for a phone interview, before he makes his final selection.

On certain occasions they will select you first before taking the fit test, as they need to fill up the class and have ran out of time to do it the other way. They send you the offer stating you must pass fit before it is final.

Hope this helps.

• I took mine and have not been offered any district. Would expect calls with district offers to go out within the next month or so. Sooner the better hopefully.

Comment

• dannygusmc
                dannygusmc commented
                Editing a comment
                Yea I hear you there. Well it's good to know that it's standard to not have a district offer prior to the FIT, at least for this vacancy announcement.

• Fit test done , fingers crossed for my location as I cant move again and take the huge paycut. I was in this same spot back in 2009 and my class got cancelled due to FCIP. So what’s meant to happen will happen.

Comment

• usms-help1
                usms-help1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Congrats best of luck !! I also was in the FCIP that got canceled ! Well hopefully I can get scheduled for a Fit . Everything else is completed !

• The vacancy announcement is set at GL-07.. I am a GS-11 and came into this knowing I would be taking a pay cut but has anyone been able to negotiate their way into a higher step? Asking for a friend.. but seriously.. anyone hear anything regarding this info?

Comment

• Vox Populous
                Vox Populous commented
                Editing a comment
                The highest grade you will receive is a 7, step 10.

However, they will return you to your highest rate of pay on each level. I will go 7 (step 10), 9 (step 10), 11 (step 6), and then move through the traditional career ladder progression.

My Chief even asked them to zero me out of they could, but HR said they don't do that any more. In the end, I am just happy to work for a leader who would go to bat for me.

• I passed the FIT today. Not a PR candidate. Hope you all are running outdoors. The cold air and wind greatly impacts your time.Good Luck
              Last edited by WarriorSix; 11-16-2017, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• dannygusmc
                dannygusmc commented
                Editing a comment
                You aren't kidding.. I ran it yesterday in DC.. passed still but wasn't my best time and I have been running outside.

• Got an email today regarding the August 2017 announcement. I’ve been referred! What does the Rating number mean? Mine says Rating: 95

Comment

• dannygusmc
                dannygusmc commented
                Editing a comment
                Don’t be too concerned with your rating number.. important thing is that you were referred. Rating number is what HR uses to categorize which applicants are most qualified.. only top percentile are referred. veterans preference gives you 5 or 10 points depending which category you fall into for vet pref. Congrats and best of luck through the process.

• Vox Populous
                Vox Populous commented
                Editing a comment
                It's actually different for this announcement. This is a meritorious promotion - Veterans get preference, but not in a manner they would for a Delegated Examining Announcement.

In this case, Veterans preference does not give anyone points. Instead, it allows one to apply to a job that was only open to government employees.

Regardless, the important thing is you were referred.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10109 users online. 364 members and 9745 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X