• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is my update-

Applied- June 2016
    Interview- Jan 2017, VA
    TO- April 2017
    Medical- Postponed due to deployment. Now back and had to reschedule a couple of times. Scheduled for Nov. 2.

Im assuming my BI will be good based off my current clearance with the Navy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ls1_oklahoma View Post
      Here is my update-

Applied- June 2016
      Interview- Jan 2017, VA
      TO- April 2017
      Medical- Postponed due to deployment. Now back and had to reschedule a couple of times. Scheduled for Nov. 2.

Im assuming my BI will be good based off my current clearance with the Navy.
      Hey bud, similar timeline as yours. Nothing on Background only a call from their adjucation dept back in June. Not sure if my previous clearance was sufficient.

Comment

• Roninjin
        Roninjin commented
        Editing a comment
        Medical normally don't call applicants to clear. They only call if there's an issue. No news is good news.
        Last edited by Roninjin; 10-27-2017, 08:29 PM.

• ls1_oklahoma
        ls1_oklahoma commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, hopefully next notification would be drug test or FIT. Seems like some people on here have done them before or after one another.

• battlewagon
        battlewagon commented
        Editing a comment
        Your fit will almost always be the last step, because a FIT isn't ordered until it is academy time

• ls1_oklahoma
        ls1_oklahoma commented
        Editing a comment
        Copy, thanks!

• GREAT INFO HERE!
      Hello everyone,
      I hope that my situation can get some light shed on it as well as help or be made clear for myself.

DUSM
      Vacancy: 1503182
      Announcement: CK1503182BD
      Applied: June 2016 in Las Vegas
      Referred: August 2016
      Rating: 96 HRD
      Structured Interview: Feb 2017 Arlington VA

I was told after my Structured Interview by the interviewing Marshals that I would hear something within 90 days. A week after my SI, well before the 90 days, I was contacted by an OPM Investigator who started my TS Background. Also, my contacts/references/co-workers/neighbors being contacted/interviewed. I was complete with my BI in July 2017. Have not received anything since except for 10/17 after I inquired by email about the position. That response, after an auto reply that stated the volume was too high and a response would be in 45 days, came the next week stating that I was an active candidate for the 2016 announcement and if anything more is needed I would be contacted.
      Sorry to be long winded. I’m an 8 year Army Vet, two tours in Iraq War, an Armed Protective Security Officer with Department of Homeland Security and hold an active TS prior to applying.
      I hope that helped me in the process. According to many posts, the Tentative Offer was given after the SI, I have not received that, yet my BI was started and completed. Anyone else have the same or similar situation? Other than that, we are all just waiting. Any confirmation on a November and or a February academy??
      Thanks in advance.
      Good luck to everyone

Comment

• Vox Populous
        Vox Populous commented
        Editing a comment
        You did receive a TO, or you would not have had a BI started. Check your spam folder.

If your BI closed, you should receive a call for a FIT test around mid December so it can remain valid for the February class.

• Thanks for the reply and info. I had to miss that clearly as I checked my spam normally. Going to try to retrieve that somehow.

Comment

• logic305
        logic305 commented
        Editing a comment
        TopFlight1 did you have to take a writen test after your S.interview?

• We should be hearing something Nov 1st or 2nd. 2 months have passed and we should be getting our email with our results.

Comment

• USMC03xx
        USMC03xx commented
        Editing a comment
        If the results come out in a timely manner I’d be really surprised.

• Havnt been on in awhile... got a call this week from USMS asking if if I was going to be in my area of residence the next few days, said no I was out of town...they asked what about next week I say yes, they reply we will call you then. Any Intel on this transaction from anyone?
      done with BI and med for a few months now

Comment

• LEO4LIFE
        LEO4LIFE commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m pretty sure it’s for the Physical Fitness test. That’s how everyone else was contacted via phone.

• LEO4LIFE
        LEO4LIFE commented
        Editing a comment
        Not sure if you have done the drug test but it could also be for that as well.

• Oh yea. Just got word that my BI has finally finished and is ready to be turned in. I have been waiting for opm to interview one person to compete my BI since Feb. I’m glad it has finally happened. Does anyone know how long until you hear about your background going through and getting approved by the US Marshals? Hope everyone is staying in shape. Just stay the course and don’t beat yourself up on how long it takes. It will eventually workout. No news is good news.

Comment

• USMC03xx
        USMC03xx commented
        Editing a comment
        You can call the national background service people and get updates. They will only say if it’s been approved and they sent it off. It takes a few weeks for OPM to approve it before they send it

• LEO4LIFE
        LEO4LIFE commented
        Editing a comment
        USMC03xx,

Do you have a contact number or email to them? If so can you leave a comment with their information.

Thanks

• My BI has been completed and turned in by OPM as well. How long it takes from that point is an unknown. Hopefully a February class is still on track as planned. If so, I would imagine FIT tests going out within next month or two.

Comment

• LEO4LIFE
        LEO4LIFE commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice man. Congrats. Its only a matter of time before they contact you for the FIT test. I am guessing it will be within the first two weeks of December.

• Finally finished medical, apart from having TB test read on Monday.

Comment

• How will you know when your background is fully adjudicated by the USMS? Do they send out an email?

Also, someone mentioned calling the opm-national background investigations bureau. I called them before and they don't really give out status information. They basically tell you to file a FOIA request. FOIA requests take forever...

Does anyone have a contact number with the USMS Personnel Security Office? They would have BI status info.

Comment

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          If you call the Office of Personnel Management, they will tell you whether your background has been closed or not. However, they cannot tell you if it has been adjudicated. I received the "good news" email immediately after the Marshals Service adjudicated my BI, then received an email about my FIT a couple days later.
          Last edited by Vox Populous; 11-05-2017, 02:25 PM. Reason: Grammar

• Now that there is some movement, hoping I can't get this answered. Asked before not never got it answered . If I am currently as 12-2/leap . Do they do the highest previous rate . So do I got 7-10, 9/10, 11/7 leap and 12-? Leap . Want to make sure it's not 7/10, 9/1, 11/1, etc . Still haven't got a solid reply. Thanx

Comment

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          It is the highest previous pay at each grade. You will go back to being a 12/2, but we get no leap until we reach our GS-11.

My paycheck is hurting right now, but it's totally worth the move.
          Last edited by Vox Populous; 11-06-2017, 06:18 PM.

• Meat0177
          Meat0177 commented
          Editing a comment
          That's not entirely correct. He would be a 12-4 when he gets his 12 back. You do not go back to your same grade and step because you are still a government employee.

• Recieved email today stating I’m still active applicant and they will begin selections for February class in coming weeks. Stated FIT tests will be going out soon to be within 90 days of start date.

Comment

• JDP561
          JDP561 commented
          Editing a comment
          Didn’t receive that email, do know that my background was in adjudication as of 10/31. Hope I’m still in the running for the Feb. class.

• dannygusmc
          dannygusmc commented
          Editing a comment
          Just got the same email.. Out of the Arlington VA office. FIT should be the last step if I'm not mistaken

• usms-help1
          usms-help1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey guys did you contact them about your process or did they just send you a email stating to look out for the fit? Just curious because my background is also complete.

• WarriorSix
          WarriorSix commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too. USMS-help1... I didn't inquire about it, they just sent it. I'm done with everything but the FIT so it's looking promising.

• Fit is the last step. Once you've passed the FIT test, You're golden. Standby for February class.

I heard a rumor Del Rio is needing a few bodies. If your willing to go there, you better let someone know.
        Last edited by Blackbeard526; 11-07-2017, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• Joe_USAF_TX
          Joe_USAF_TX commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn’t necessarily say that you’ll be golden after you take the fit test. I took the fitness test back in July and passed. It’s been radio silence since. On a good note, I did also received the “Good News” email. Looks like I’ll have to take the fit test again since they need one on file that is no longer than 90 days prior to the Feb academy.

• I just received a call this evening to complete my fit test next week. I had to decline the August academy due to life changing events and was called again today. We will see what happens.

Comment

• How long does it usually take for your background to be adjudicated once your OPM investigator is finished with it? My investigator said she was finished with it about a couple weeks ago but I haven't heard anything back from USMS.

Comment

• USMC03xx
            USMC03xx commented
            Editing a comment
            From my experience you won’t hear anything back from the USMS in regards to your BI. If they kick it back, the investigator will probably call you to clear things up or fix whatever is needed. Other than that, and you completed everything then your are just waiting on a call for the fit or “good news” email. My BI was sent off to the USMS many months ago...I’m just sitting here waiting on a fit. They say no news is good news.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5044 users online. 316 members and 4728 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X