300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleted post**
    Last edited by X-man234; 07-12-2016, 03:50 PM.

Comment

it was posted on the 2012 hiring thread. It's gonna be tough no matter what though. I have two bachelors degrees, about to start my masters, did a big Internship with USMS and another with HSI, and I am a current Fed Leo. Knowing quite a few DUSMs I am nowhere as competitive as a lot of applicants. I have a feeling that current Feds with vet pref will be the most competitive and it will trickle down from there.

Comment

I applied before, didn't get it.

10 yrs LEO, no mil, worked on a Task Force.
        The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
        that we are all that stands between
        the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

All you can do is put in for it and hope for the best. Being satisfied with your current employment will prob make the process much easier

Comment

I am a 5 pt VET, Masters, 8 years County LE, and Current TFO for USMS it will be interesting to see how this plays out for all of us. I wish they would bump to the gs-13 not just the 12.

Comment

Originally posted by BreakPoint View Post
              Subscribed. Vet and LEO, Applied into 2012 and was placed in a "best qualified category". Never heard back after the first few emails. I believe two classes were pushed through. Ill also be putting in for this vacancy. Good luck everyone.
              in the same boat. I was on the BQ list on the 2012 announcement and then I never heard anything back except for a few emails stating I was still current in the process. really looking forward to another opportunity! 10-pt vet, masters degree, 8 year fed-leo

Comment

Originally posted by camarritt2011 View Post
                From previous announcements, just being a vet wasn't even enough. You had to be able to claim disabled status.

Coming Soon! USMS Recent Graduate Pathways Program

Haha, great. I finished my master's degree two years ago this month, and I was never even referred for a single Pathways position I applied for. Considering vets get six years to apply, which may as well be eternity as far as this goes, there is absolutely no point to the program. They are hiring from the same exact pool of people who apply to any other position.

Going into the Army CID's program, not knocking vets, just the program. Just another useless Obama EO. The FCIP worked fine.
                The fcip was **** and should never be brought back

Comment

This seems like its going to be one of those I'm not a vet boo hoo threads

Comment

Originally posted by CriticalOperator View Post
                    The fcip was **** and should never be brought back
                    Yeah...God forbid we allow dedicated people to get on-the-job experience and actually earn a position. Best to have people shotgun apply to a million openings and hope for the best. /s

Comment

Originally posted by camarritt2011 View Post
                      Yeah...God forbid we allow dedicated people to get on-the-job experience and actually earn a position. Best to have people shotgun apply to a million openings and hope for the best. /s
                      It was ****. If you're a vet you should not support that type of bs program. Just my opinion
                      Last edited by CriticalOperator; 02-14-2016, 10:24 PM.

Comment

simmer down boys
                        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
                        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

10 pt vet here....and that's about where my qualifications stop lol. No degree and no LE experience. But hey, apply and you never know.

Comment

two years ago I graduated with a BA. hopefully its posted before may!

Comment

Not sure if anybody has any insight or knows someone who has been in this situation but does everybody get hired at the entry level or would the USMS match your pay from another Federal law enforcement agency? My guess is that it will depend on experience.

Comment

By looking at the website it seems as if the USMS is going back to the way it hired back in 09. With these separate announcments one can only think that it will be similar to FCIP. The Pathsway program is similiar to FCIP.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6670 users online. 150 members and 6520 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X