Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes I saw that too. Poor guy was having a rough time with the email situation. I could see what you're saying about the drug testing coming soon. Have you completed everything else?
    "You're either getting better or you're getting worse, you never just stay the same"

Coach Woody Hayes

Comment

• USMC85
      USMC85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I’m done, just drug and PT test. I’m guessing you’re in the same boat?

• Yep same. How do you know if they’ve finished backgrounds?
    "You're either getting better or you're getting worse, you never just stay the same"

Coach Woody Hayes

Comment

• USMC85
      USMC85 commented
      Editing a comment
      I mean technically I don’t know for hundred percent but they wouldn’t continue spending money on us. Plus I have some inside knowledge..

• Please share via pm. That could be helpful.

Coach Woody Hayes

Comment

• USMC85
      USMC85 commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s nothing like a secret. I just have quite a few friends that are deputies. Plus it just makes sense, it’s either one or two situations. It’s either completed, or it won’t be done till we are after done with the academy.

• Vox Populous
      Vox Populous commented
      Editing a comment
      Tentative Offer letters come as a result of the scores on your assessment and interview.

Once you accept, they start your BI and schedule you for a medical exam.

Your BI, drug test, and medical must clear before they will schedule you for a FIT. Otherwise, it could expire while they continue to wait until it is adjudicated.

• Hmm interesting. I’m assuming this email is for the rumored February class then?

Coach Woody Hayes

Comment

• USMC85
      USMC85 commented
      Editing a comment
      Isn’t there a November class? Either way it doesn’t matter

• Hadn’t heard about that.

Coach Woody Hayes

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC85 View Post
      Isn’t there a November class? Either way it doesn’t matter
      Definitely not

Comment

• Galeo21
        Galeo21 commented
        Editing a comment
        How do you know??

• Vox Populous
        Vox Populous commented
        Editing a comment
        Jimmycoughdrops is correct. HR informed us the next class in tentatively scheduled for February 2018.

• USMC85
        USMC85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Well I also received that email several months ago stating that the next class starts in FEB. Let me remind you that same source also said that the pathways program was going to start the beginning of this year also. I don’t hold much weight in that. I’ve been told by an acting supervisor in the marshal service, that I’m also personally friends with that was just down in FLETC that a class starts in NOV. But believe what you want.

• After the interview is there a hand written test like the old style testing?

Comment

• Assurgam
        Assurgam commented
        Editing a comment
        No there is no hand written test.

• Finally have a meeting set up with my OPM investigator. 6 Months after I submitted the Eqip. Stay patient guys OPM is backlogged but hopefully their getting everyones stuff done soon.

Comment

• Got the call for a meeting to do my background investigation on Wednesday.

Coach Woody Hayes

Comment

• Late to the game on this forum, but I had my meeting with the OPM investigator Wednesday. Anyone know how long the adjudication process takes?

Comment

• Okay. I know many people are either still in the process from the June 2016 announcement or recently applied. Here is some information that I know to be accurate.

The initial assessment is done by reviewing an applicant's resume and online assessment. Based on those scores, HR sets up who will be interviewed first.

Tentative Offers (TOs) are then issues based upon who performs best during the oral assessment.

All that seems like basic common sense, because it is. After that, things gets a bit murky due to the role the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) plays the process.

So, those who get a TO will be issued a packet to initiate their background investigation (BI) and setup a medical exam to follow -- all while other candidates are still being interviewed and receiving TOs.

If you don't have a Top Secret clearance, you will meet with your field investigator who will interview you and go through your equip. Again, seems pretty basic; however, it's not. Just because you met with your investigator and he sent your packet to OPM, that doesn't mean all of your field work is done. In fact, it is not uncommon to have two or three investigators investigating one subject, especially for those candidates who served in the military.

It has been taking OPM and average of 364 days to get a BI done.

While you wait... and wait... and wait for OPM to get their show on the road, the USMS will setup a drug screening.

You will NOT be scheduled to complete a FIT exam until your BI has been adjudicated, because the results expire after 90 days.

So while you may get a TO right away, someone with an active security clearance can receive a TO after you and actually wind up beating you out for a spot in an academy class, because the Agency cannot afford to wait on one individual's BI to clear. HR must fill slots to meet the needs of the Agency.

About eight weeks before the start of an academy, HR will reach out to those with a clear BI and check their interest in available locations. Those large offices with a ton of need will be filled by HR. Mid-size and smaller offices will be issued a list and often afforded an opportunity to provide input into the selection.

Once the selection is made, they will make you a final offer based upon your highest rate of pay in the federal service. If you're a VET applying under a VEOA/VRA announcement with no prior Federal service, count on coming in as a GL-07, Step 1. Even if you're a Fed, they will only match you up to a GL-07, Step 10 -- unless you are an 1811 transfer who applied to the 1811 lateral announcement. Other than that, they will NOT exceed a GL-07, Step 10.

​​​​​​
            ​​​
            Last edited by Vox Populous; 10-21-2017, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• JDP561
              JDP561 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for the info, it’s appreciated.
              Taking this with a grain of salt, the OPM Field Investigatir asked me if I was going Air Marshal because my background had been expedited. I’m currently on the Marshals Task Force through my agency and received my credentials last year. Does that have any impact on the speed of the BI? My medical is back as of last week.

• Vox Populous
              Vox Populous commented
              Editing a comment
              If you have an active BI, you should be good to go. It will definitely speed things up. However, all of our BI were marked expedite. The Marshals have a dire need for staff.

• LEO4LIFE
              LEO4LIFE commented
              Editing a comment
              Vox Populous is spot on with this posting. I am a 2016 applicant who has completed everything but BI. My TS Sci expires last year in 2016 so they only had to do a 5 year update and reinvestigstion. All that is left is one person to be interviewed but this has been pending since June. So hopefully it will clear here soon. After that Physical Fitness test.
              Last edited by LEO4LIFE; 10-25-2017, 07:16 PM.

• TopFlight1
              TopFlight1 commented
              Editing a comment
              GREAT INFO HERE!
              Hello everyone,
              I hope that my situation can get some light shed on it as well as help or be made clear for myself.

DUSM
              Vacancy: 1503182
              Announcement: CK1503182BD
              Applied: June 2016 in Las Vegas
              Referred: August 2016
              Rating: 96 HRD
              Structured Interview: Feb 2017 Arlington VA

I was told after my Structured Interview by the interviewing Marshals that I would hear something within 90 days. A week after my SI, well before the 90 days, I was contacted by an OPM Investigator who started my TS Background. Also, my contacts/references/co-workers/neighbors being contacted/interviewed. I was complete with my BI in July 2017. Have not received anything since except for 10/17 after I inquired by email about the position. That response, after an auto reply that stated the volume was too high and a response would be in 45 days, came the next week stating that I was an active candidate for the 2016 announcement and if anything more is needed I would be contacted.
              Sorry to be long winded. I’m an 8 year Army Vet, two tours in Iraq War, an Armed Protective Security Officer with Department of Homeland Security and hold an active TS prior to applying.
              I hope that helped me in the process. According to many posts, the Tentative Offer was given after the SI, I have not received that, yet my BI was started and completed. Anyone else have the same or similar situation?
              Thanks in advance.
              Good luck to everyone

• Who is still in the process from the 2016 job announcement that has been delayed by BI investigation. I have been told OPM is really backed up which is why it is taking long to clear. Hopefully everyone is staying fit. You never know when it’s going to clear. Just don’t give up as I have friends who are current DUSM’S and it took 1 of them up to 4 years before he was hired from the waiting list after completing everything.

Comment

• led2016
              led2016 commented
              Editing a comment
              I am one of those. I received a TO in August 2016, a couple of months after my TS B.I. Was initiated. It is still open. Waiting for that to finish so I can finally move along in the process. I’ve been frozen for a year now.

• LEO4LIFE
              LEO4LIFE commented
              Editing a comment
              I hear you man. It’s been a long time for me as well. Just hang in there as I have had friends who took 2-4 years after clearing everything before they were hired.

• So quick question. I just applied to the 2017 opening. I'm a current Army EOD technician (Bomb Squad) with 8 years experience. I have a combat tour to Afghanistan, Purple Heart recipient, a enormous amount of CQB,breaching, explosives, advanced rifle schools etc. Half my degree is done, top secret clearance you name it. I get out next year in Aug. Any idea of my chances? Figured I'd ask here being this thread is full of folks who got a call back. How long is the average wait? Will I be notified if I'm declined? Sorry for the long post.

Comment

• LEO4LIFE
              LEO4LIFE commented
              Editing a comment
              You should be good. The process usually takes at least a year at the minimum from the time you applied to time you get hired.

• chipperjones
              chipperjones commented
              Editing a comment
              I thought you needed a degree to qualify? I applied back in 2012 and was cut because no degree.

• LEO4LIFE
              LEO4LIFE commented
              Editing a comment
              Chipper jones I don’t think they made it a requirement this year with the announcement that just opened up last.

• Vox Populous
              Vox Populous commented
              Editing a comment
              It was not a requirement this round. We are a bit different as an Agency. We don't conduct many criminal investigations -- a majority of what we handle are Fugitive Investigations.

Education is important -- the Agency wants the best of the best -- but, they don't teach what we need in college.

As an Agency, we are involved in shooting about once every four days or so. No one can teach you to run into a hail of gun fire.

Trust me. Our instructors are top notch. If you get selected, they will help you get where you need to be or wash you out.

• I'm separating from the Army in August, and finishing my degree. I have an internship with the Marshals already setup as well. But I don't know if it helps as much as other agency's as this selection process is so weird to me. It's very in the dark and little information is disseminated. I wish everyone the best of luck. Just hoping I'm one of the selected as well.

Comment

• Applied: June 2016
              Rating: 88
              Interview: January 2017 Arlington, VA
              Tentative Offer: April 2017
              EQIP: May 2017
              Medical: May 2017
              Drug Test July 2017

Just had my interview with my OPM investigator last week. She said she should be finished with everything and it will be sent to adjudication by the end of October. Hoping to get selected for the class in February!

Comment

• TopFlight1
                TopFlight1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks for sharing. Crazy how you completed medical, drug and got a TO. I have not done any of that. Though we are both pretty much on the same route ;-) Good luck looking good so far.
                Last edited by TopFlight1; 10-26-2017, 03:12 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4843 users online. 309 members and 4534 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X