300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Glmongus View Post
    Has anyone only from the August 2017 DUSM hiring announcement been scheduled for the upcoming interview dates?
    I doubt anyone has been contacted it hasn't even been a month since the announcement opened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Glmongus View Post
      Has anyone only from the August 2017 DUSM hiring announcement been scheduled for the upcoming interview dates?
      Negative. The announcement hasn't even been processed yet on USAJobs.

Comment

• C/ONWA1
        C/ONWA1 commented
        Editing a comment
        There was one in August for federal employee and vets.

• B00m
        B00m commented
        Editing a comment
        Correct. That one has not been processed yet on USAJobs. I still show as "received".

• Originally posted by B00m View Post

Negative. The announcement hasn't even been processed yet on USAJobs.
      Mine still says received on an application over a year old, and I've been hired. Don't put any weight or importance on the USAjobs status.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Okay, has anyone been referred for the August announcement? No one has posted here saying they have.

I also contacted OPM 2 months ago about a different job posting and they told me they are, "very behind" on processing the openings. Wouldn't OPM do this one as well?

I guess I don't know for a fact, so you're right, but I am deducing that it hasn't been processed yet, based on those factors.
        Last edited by B00m; 09-18-2017, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
          ShockTroopDevilDog commented
          Editing a comment
          dude just apply and forget, the last people who applied for the public announcement waiting like 3.5 months before being contacted. don't hold your breath but start preparing for the pt and the interview.

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          OPM is very behind. No one has been referred for the August announcement yet. It's should be approximately one month before you hear if you passed the assessment and two-three months before you hear if you were referred.

Good luck!

• C/ONWA1
          C/ONWA1 commented
          Editing a comment
          UsaJobs says 2 to 3 months to process these applications. : (
          Last edited by C/ONWA1; 09-19-2017, 08:06 PM.

• If any of you interviewed in Colorado this week for the 2016 post, PM me please. Just want to track progress as we are in same boat.

Comment

• jj858
          jj858 commented
          Editing a comment
          I interviews August of last year in Virginia and still haven't heard anything just that my status is active.

• I'm curious if anyone has gotten a "bad news" letter or knows anyone that has? I interviewed in January and got the still an active applicant reply back in May. Any TO's still going out for this February class?

Comment

• I interviewed in Oct last year. I've done everything except PT test. Apparently my BI is almost done. I've met with with BI and he sent to different region to have some references there contacted. Not sure if it has been wrapped up or not. But I have no heard of any offers going out for Feb. Maybe within 90 days of Feb people will see movement. Been pretty quiet here though.

Comment

• Anyone excepted service gov employee that applied? If so be ready for bad news. I understand this last announcement was only for competitive service fed employees and vets.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
              Editing a comment
              whats the news?

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              That's always the case for Excepted and Competitive Service employees. You can't apply under a status candidate announcement as an excepted service employee unless your agency has an interchange agreement. So even applying as an excepted service employee, you're just lying to yourself from the get-go. Especially if they don't check your SF-50 closely until job offer time, and now you've paid to travel for interviews, etc, just to have your application rejected.

All the disadvantages of excepted service are specifically why I didnt start my career in the federal government with an ES agency, and withdrew my first apps from those agencies.

• battlewagon
              battlewagon commented
              Editing a comment
              Interchange Agreements With Other Merit Systems:

Authorities: Civil Service Rule 6.7 (5 CFR 6.7 (external link))
              Current Agreements
              Under Rule 6.7, OPM and an agency having an established merit system in the excepted service may enter into an agreement prescribing conditions under which employees may be moved from the agency's system to the competivice service. OPM has agreements with:

Tennessee Valley Authority
              Covers employees in salary policy positions (trades and labor positions are not covered). Agreement effective 10/16/57; extended indefinitely.
              Nuclear Regulatory Commission
              Agreement effective 10/1/75; extended indefinitely.
              Veterans Health Administration of the Department of Veterans Affairs
              Covers employees who occupy medical or medical-related positions and were appointed under 38 U.S.C. 7401(1) or (3) [formerly 38 U.S.C. 4104(1) and (3)]. Agreements effective 10/31/79 and 5/12/87; extended indefinitely.
              Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) employees of the Department of Defense
              Agreement effective 9/20/91; extended indefinitely. Also see the paragraph on the portability of benefits for nonappropriated fund employees.
              Federal Aviation Administration
              Agreement effective 11/6/97; expires 12/31/19.
              Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Administration
              Agreement effective 01/31/13; expires 01/31/18.
              Corporation for National and Community Service
              Agreement effective 03/04/13; expires 03/05/19.
              This agreement includes employees assigned to the Office of the Inspector General (OIG).

• Originally posted by NoLimit View Post
            Anyone excepted service gov employee that applied? If so be ready for bad news. I understand this last announcement was only for competitive service fed employees and vets.
            More info:

Competitive Service
            Positions with agencies that follow the U.S. Office of Personnel Management's hiring rules and pay scales. Eligible to apply for merit promotion jobs?

YES
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Excepted Service
            Positions with agencies that have their own hiring rules, pay scales, and evaluation criteria. Eligible to apply for merit promotion jobs?

NO, but you can apply to jobs that are open to the public.
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Senior Executive Service
            Managerial, supervisory, and policy positions classified above General Schedule (GS) grade 15 or equivalent positions in most Executive Branch agencies. Eligible to apply for merit promotion jobs?

NO, but you can apply to jobs that are open to the public or open to the Senior Executive Service.
            UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
            "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• As battlewagon stated, your agency needs an interchange agreement if your are not a status candidate or vet. I learned the hard way applying to the 2016 announcement as an excepted employee thinking it was open to all government employees. This last opening I knew right away I would be deemed ineligible.

Comment

• So it happened, Finally got the Medical email asking about my PTSD in my medical records even though I never claimed PTSD only Sleep deprivation while deployed, and it says in my VA Compensation that it is under PTSD Sleep disorder but, since the medical group only see's PTSD they red flagged that now they are asking for documentation on my PTSD that I don't have. I have no documentation or records bc I have never seen a mental health professional nor have I ever done any test. Obviously I don't have my sleep deprivation anymore. Is anybody in the same boat as me or herd about how the VA is mis labeling PTSD claims that are not PTSD? Gotta jump thru hoops now to see if I got a chance at this gig.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
                  Editing a comment
                  how did they get to your VA medical records?

• Dubmg83
                  Dubmg83 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You have to submit your VA when you apply Devil!

• elanith
                  elanith commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Can't you just have a psych eval done and submit that?

• ClootsMagoots
                  ClootsMagoots commented
                  Editing a comment
                  At what point did they request for your VA records?

• Applied: June 2016 in California
                Referred: August 2016
                Interviewed: October 2016 in Sacramento
                Tentative Offer: September 2017

Don't give up hope people. You never know when or why you will be contacted. I had forgotten all about the application since it had been almost a year since my interview.

Good luck to everyone.

Comment

• Anyone receive the still interested and contact info update email? I noticed it went to 64 people. Good luck.
                  "You're either getting better or you're getting worse, you never just stay the same"

Coach Woody Hayes

Comment

• USMC85
                    USMC85 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Also received the emails. I think that intern messed up! This might be looking to far into stuff but if you noticed from his originally email he was from the, “alcohol and drug something marshal service.” I’m thinking we are going to be doing drug tests soon. Plus it had 64 email address in it and there are 60 people in a CITP class.. but who knows...

P.S. lol how about that dude that responded to everyone in the email! HAHAHA plus he messed that up! Simple directions, commonsense is an uncommon virtue! Good luck! Lol

• USCG_ME1
                    USCG_ME1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wouldn't think to far into it. I received that email months back with 30+ others. Still waiting drug and PT test. But then again I know my BI is still pending..

• Has anyone heard anything about the recent grad announcement? It keeps getting pushed back and I am wondering when they will actually post it.

Comment

• Originally posted by A300! View Post
                    Has anyone heard anything about the recent grad announcement? It keeps getting pushed back and I am wondering when they will actually post it.
                    You should consider starting a separate thread being as that is a different announcement that was introduced this year and not 2016
                    "You're either getting better or you're getting worse, you never just stay the same"

Coach Woody Hayes

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12983 users online. 479 members and 12504 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X