Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently received the "You are still an active candidate" email. Interviewed Oct. 2016.

Comment

• mkb7188
      mkb7188 commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you have an email address to contact HR to find out if you are still an active candidate?

• Has anyone else sent the reply email for September interviews and not heard a thing ?

Comment

• Usmc1586
      Usmc1586 commented
      Editing a comment
      I replied and got a phone call for an interview. Was told they'd send me an email with the forms to fill out. This was two days ago and have gotten no information as far as the address for the interview or the forms.

• USMS.recruitment@usdoj.gov

you will get an automated email saying it will take up to 45 days for a response. I believe it took about 40 days to get a response for me lol. I put my name, announcement number, interview date and location.

Comment

• Originally posted by mkb7188 View Post
      Do you have an email address to contact HR to find out if you are still an active candidate?
      It's the. DUSM.Exam@usdoj.gov

Comment

• those who have completed the process, where did you perform the pt test? indoors or outdoors? thanks for the knowledge

Comment

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          Outdoors on a track.

Even in the city, the local office usually brings you to a high school track.
          Last edited by Vox Populous; 09-04-2017, 03:43 PM.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
          ShockTroopDevilDog commented
          Editing a comment
          how about in nyc lol

• For those trying to go 1811, my friend has a business point of contact with direct hire authority.

The position is a 7, 9, 11 with NCIS.
        Last edited by Vox Populous; 09-25-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• B00m
          B00m commented
          Editing a comment
          Your friend has the email address of a private company that hires for NCIS?

...uh, what?

Can you expound? This sounds odd to me.

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          Negative. Many applicants get screened out during initial processing for a plethora of reasons. She is working to make sure the applicants have their stuff straight so they don't get excluded for nonsense.
          Last edited by Vox Populous; 09-25-2017, 03:11 PM.

• A300!
          A300! commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for posting this. I already sent an e-mail to that address with a copy of my resume attached. Now it will just be a matter of waiting to hear back. I only hope it won't be too long of a wait.

• Does the US Marshal Service hire Secret Service UD officers often?

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
          ShockTroopDevilDog commented
          Editing a comment
          they hire qualified candidates. your background or past employment is relative but its not like they pick from different agencies.

• I haven't been on here for awhile but every single time I come look at this forum I instantly remember why I don't look at it! Lol really people.. hahaha
        Last edited by USMC85; 09-13-2017, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vox Populous View Post
          For those trying to go 1811, my friend has a business point of contact with direct hire authority.

The position is a 7, 9, 11 with NCIS.

info@expertresumesolutions.com
          Deleted
          Last edited by Roninjin; 09-13-2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• DUSM Structured Interviews

The USMS is hosting DUSM structured Interviews for the remaining 2016 External DUSM applicants and the 2017 IMP applicants. Here are the locations and dates:

Atlanta, GA (N/GA) - September 11-14, 2017
            Dallas, TX (N/TX) - September 11 - 14, 2017
            Denver, CO (D/CO) - September 18-21, 2017

Applicants from both announcements will be contacted via email with instructions on scheduling interviews. This will be the last opportunity for the 2016 DUSM announcement applicants to participate in the interview process. Those 2017 IMP applicants who can't make these sessions will be given another opportunity later in the Fall when we host more interviews in conjunction with the 2017 DUSM announcement applicants.

HRD wants to thank our host districts for volunteering space in their districts to make the interviews happen. We also want to thank the districts who assisted this effort by allowing their trained structured interviewers to participate. This is a huge team effort and we could not do this without your support of the recruiting program.

FY18 Basic Deputy Classes

The next 0082 Basic DUSM class is scheduled in FY18 for February 2018. HRD plans to continue filling classes with applicants from the 2016 PR announcement, the 2016 DUSM NW announcement, 2017 IMP announcement and applicants from the upcoming 2017 DUSM NW announcement. At this time, there are three (3) classes scheduled in FY18, the first being February. Once the other classes are finalized and official dates set, we will update our site with this information.

Comment

• Glmongus
              Glmongus commented
              Editing a comment
              If you applied last month on the latest announcement is that the 2017 IMP announcement?

• Getting way ahead of myself but I was wondering about the FIT test. I found the scoring matrix but no directions. How long are breaks between events? Minute for push ups/sit ups? Hands behind head or on chest for sit ups? Any details would be great so I can make sure I'm ready if I'm lucky enough to get that far.

also sit and reach...haven't done that since high school. Yikes!

Comment

• LetsRollSoul
              LetsRollSoul commented
              Editing a comment
              PUSHUPS: 1-minute
              SITUPS: 1-minute, hands behind head, feet anchored either under something fixed or a partner holds your feet down
              SIT-AND-REACH: Where your toes touch the box is the 15'' mark.
              BREAKS: you will have a few minutes between events, no specified time. Depending on where you do your FIT test, you could end up doing the first three events and then have a drive over to the local HS track. Sometimes a FIT coordinator might bring a stretch-box and have you do all the events at the track so minimal rest.

*be advised the FIT test is changing for a few years at least starting in 2018. The events tested at the field level are: 1-REP MAXIMUM FREE WEIGHT BENCH PRESS, ILLINOIS AGILITY RUN, GRIP STRENGTH TEST ON A DYNANOMETER, 1.5 MILE RUN
              Don't ask me what the final standards will be on those because I don't know. What you do at the academy for a FIT test is also changing; it is now a obstacle course type event.
              If you do your sit-ups and push-ups (and pull ups/chin ups! just because you don't get tested on these doesn't mean you should skip these) and do other resistance type exercise coupled with a healthy diet of running several times a week you will be fine!

• Correct me if I am wrong, but you do not need a bachelors degree to become a Deputy Marshal. Is that correct? I have 8 years in the National Guard, have been a police officer for 3, and will have my degree in May 2018. So unless I'm read the posting wrong, I qualify with my experience, correct?
            Any input is appreciated.

Comment

• jj858
              jj858 commented
              Editing a comment
              Correct I think you might have to come in at GS-5. I might be wrong on that but I know you don't need a degree if you have the experience.

• tomkolo
              tomkolo commented
              Editing a comment
              Entry for DUSM is GL-07 - if you're deemed qualified that's where you will start, even without your degree. You are on the GL payscale until 11 - then you go from 0082 to 1811.

edit: I didn't see battle's post. my b
              Last edited by tomkolo; 09-15-2017, 03:29 PM.

• Awesome, thanks for the reply.

Comment

• Originally posted by usaftacp812 View Post
              Correct me if I am wrong, but you do not need a bachelors degree to become a Deputy Marshal. Is that correct? I have 8 years in the National Guard, have been a police officer for 3, and will have my degree in May 2018. So unless I'm read the posting wrong, I qualify with my experience, correct?
              Any input is appreciated.
              I do not have a degree, and no vet preference. I am a reservist, but was never deployed and never earned a DD-214.

You will not come in as a GS-5 as mentioned above, as the standard DUSM announcements only hire at a 7. Additionally, you will come in as a 7 in the special GL pay grade, not a GS. This is a significant pay difference, as a GL-7 makes $5,426 more per year than a GS-7 on the rest of US pay chart.
              UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Has anyone only from the August 2017 DUSM hiring announcement been scheduled for the upcoming interview dates?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8929 users online. 349 members and 8580 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X