Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 U.S. Marshals Service Announcement

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Did the USMS website crash or something? I've been trying to see the Fitness test standards and keep getting the same error message.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Usmc1586 View Post
      Did the USMS website crash or something? I've been trying to see the Fitness test standards and keep getting the same error message.
      It has been down for awhile for me.

      Comment


      • The last two announcements were open to federal and veterans only. The last entry level and open to the public announcement was in 2012, am I right? When will the Marshals open another public announcement or even the recent graduate?

        Comment


        • B00m
          B00m commented
          Editing a comment
          Supposedly there is supposed to be a recent graduate posting sometime Oct-Nov-Dec.

        • battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah and they hired only vets from it. Go Border Patrol in the mean time, get your federal clock going and foot in the door for announcements like this

      • Applied for the first time since 2012, when I went to Atlanta from Florida and got rejected due to not having my BBA finished after the trip. I now have finished my BBA and added another 5 years of military with an additional deployment and another 5 years of law enforcement experience. Hopefully it goes better this time, getting too old to wait and wait for more openings, lol.

        Comment


        • Applied as well. Does vet points factor in these types of announcements?

          Comment


          • battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            I dont think so on this type. Regardless, I think it is the same as HSI, your points score either gets you to the interview stage or it doesnt. Whether you have a 100 or a 85 or whatever they deem as passing, you will move forward. That is how HSI was and I didnt have an ultra-competitive NOR for the 2016 DUSM announcement
            Last edited by battlewagon; 08-24-2017, 08:20 PM.

          • Dd1906
            Dd1906 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok well that's good news. Do you know how long it usually takes to get scores back?

        • I applied as well. Interviewed in Jan and crickets ever since. Does anyone know if we have to re-do the assessment?

          Comment


          • airborne1
            airborne1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Check your spam folder because that's where mine ended. I also interviewed for the last and have heard nothing. After completion of the assessment it states the scores are good for one year.

          • WarriorSix
            WarriorSix commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine was in my spam folder as well.

        • Does anyone know how vet points are going to be added to this announcement? I'm a 10 point vet.

          Comment


          • Dd1906
            Dd1906 commented
            Editing a comment
            I just did some digging and found out that vets can't use points on MP announcements.

        • Finally got to apply, been missing every announcement since 2012. Good luck everybody!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by C/ONWA1 View Post
            Does anyone know how vet points are going to be added to this announcement? I'm a 10 point vet.
            I was just asking because, I saw this notice for Vets on the announcement that states:

            Veterans Status
            If you are a veteran and you are claiming veteran's status, you must submit a DD214, Certificate of Release from Active Duty, which shows dates of service and discharge under honorable conditions. For competitive service positions, active duty service members expecting to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days: you may be granted tentative preference by submitting a "certification" document in lieu of a Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, DD-214. This "certification" is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date of the submission of the certification. Veteran's status must be verified prior to appointment. Without this documentation, you will not receive veteran's status and your application will be evaluated based on the material(s) submitted. If you are claiming 10-point veteran's status based on service-connected disability, in addition to the DD214 or certification requirements, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference, plus the proof of entitlement of this preference from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability. For more information on veterans' preference see

            Comment


            • Originally posted by C/ONWA1 View Post

              I was just asking because, I saw this notice for Vets on the announcement that states:

              Veterans Status
              If you are a veteran and you are claiming veteran's status, you must submit a DD214, Certificate of Release from Active Duty, which shows dates of service and discharge under honorable conditions. For competitive service positions, active duty service members expecting to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days: you may be granted tentative preference by submitting a "certification" document in lieu of a Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, DD-214. This "certification" is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service under honorable conditions not later than 120 days after the date of the submission of the certification. Veteran's status must be verified prior to appointment. Without this documentation, you will not receive veteran's status and your application will be evaluated based on the material(s) submitted. If you are claiming 10-point veteran's status based on service-connected disability, in addition to the DD214 or certification requirements, you must also submit an SF-15, "Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference, plus the proof of entitlement of this preference from the Department of Veterans Affairs certifying to the present existence of the service-connected disability and indicating the percentage of your disability. For more information on veterans' preference see
              I think that's to certify that you are indeed a vet. In this case being a vet gives you the opportunity to apply for the announcement.

              Comment


              • The posting is now closed

                Comment


                • Man this sucks!!! I interviewed august of last year and haven't heard anything expect I'm still an active applicant. I didn't get a chance to reapply under this announcement, do you think it will hurt me? Also, how long are the interviews good for?

                  Comment



                  • THE 2017 External Entry Level DUSM Announcement has CLOSED!!!



                    As anticipated, the 2017 External Entry Level Status Government DUSM announcement posted on 8/24/2017 reached the Agency target number of applicants and closed the same night at 11:59pm. We had almost 7,000 applicants apply during this open period.


                    FY17 Basic Deputy Classes

                    HRD has filled the 2017 August BDUSM Class which begins August 31, 2017. This concludes the classes for FY17. The next 0082 Basic DUSM class is scheduled in FY18 for February 2018. HRD plans to continue filling classes with applicants from the 2016 PR announcement, the 2016 DUSM NW announcement, 2017 IMP announcement and applicants from the upcoming 2017 DUSM NW announcement. At this time, there are three (3) classes scheduled in FY18, the first being February. Once the other classes are finalized and official dates set, we will update our site with this information.

                    Comment


                    • battlewagon
                      battlewagon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      7000 doesnt seem like many compared to prior announcements. But less competition for those who applied is good


                  • I sent in all the stuff for the non-competitive hiring, but how does the non-competitive thing even work for the Marshals? I read stuff that I can be hired without competition, but I don't even understand how that even works.

                    I'm not sure if I am articulating this right, but they still have X number of slots... so? How could you make it non-competitive?

                    And do I have any chance at all?
                    Last edited by B00m; 03-07-2018, 08:39 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Usmc1586
                      Usmc1586 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Consider the amount of people who likely applied who are either unqualified, unfit (can't or won't pass the pft), and are unwilling to travel on their own dime for one or multiple sets of the process or for the location they're offered, and you will see your chances rise exponentially.

                      I applied to the last announcement in 2016, never did the interview, and was still contacted days ago to see if I was interested in still interviewing. (Never saw that coming). So yes there's always a chance.

                    • B00m
                      B00m commented
                      Editing a comment
                      My goodness, that's crazy.

                      Good luck!

                  • Originally posted by B00m View Post
                    I'm an active duty military spouse and we just PCS'd to the DC/Baltimore area. I have about 4 years combined experience working a jail and as a certified police officer. I also have the superior academic achievement with a bachelors. I'm in my mid 20's, and not a vet.

                    I see that 7,000 number and that is eye popping. Christ. I sent in all the stuff for the non-competitive hiring, but how does the non-competitive thing even work for the Marshals? I read stuff that I can be hired without competition, but I don't even understand how that even works.

                    I'm not sure if I am articulating this right, but they still have X number of slots... so? How could you make it non-competitive?

                    And do I have any chance at all?
                    You definitely have a chance but, the non-competitive status is not going to apply for this announcement since, it's merit promotion. From what I was reading in the announcement the scores from from our resume, online assessment and interview are going to factor into where we are placed on the register I.e best qualified or qualified.

                    Comment

                    MR300x250 Tablet

                    Collapse

                    What's Going On

                    Collapse

                    There are currently 3813 users online. 200 members and 3613 guests.

                    Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                    Welcome Ad

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X