Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long time follower here... wanted to ask a formal question (maybe others know). Is this opening that will happen sometime in August open to everyone, or just federal employees?

Comment

• Vox Populous
      Vox Populous commented
      Editing a comment
      Just Federal Employees and likely Veterans.

• So if we did receive a TO and completed the Drug test are we still in the running for a Final offer or do we need to apply for this August announcement? I know the next class is in Feb. So fingers cross.

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
      ShockTroopDevilDog commented
      Editing a comment
      What is "this august announcement" that you are referring to?

• Vox Populous
      Vox Populous commented
      Editing a comment
      There is going to be another government merit promotion listed something within the next week or so.

• You are still in the running for the current hiring drive; however, you should apply again to extend your eligibility.

Comment

• Was just reading over OPM guidelines since I am no longer a federal employee. Since I was in the competitive service as a career conditional employee(which means less than 3 years in the competitive service) I can apply within 3 years of leaving the Feds to any job open to federal employees only. Just made my own day. I will be reapplying if it ever opens up again.

Comment

• Just received an email saying they are conducting a final round of interviews from the 2016 announcement in September.

Comment

• US Marshal Open Now on USAJOBS, taking only the first 5000. Not really open to general public.

Comment

• Finally got a chance to apply. Best luck to all.

Comment

• Just reapplied. I am assuming if we were in the 2016 hiring process we will not be retaken the test, redoing the full process, and this will just keep our name in the hat.

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC03xx View Post
              Just reapplied. I am assuming if we were in the 2016 hiring process we will not be retaken the test, redoing the full process, and this will just keep our name in the hat.
              Just applied to. Anybody have any way of knowing if we got in within the first 5000? I'm assuming there's a "thanks but no thanks" email if so.

Sat down with one of my districts' deputies with the recruiter collateral so I figured I'd pass on info: Recent grads announcement is still up in the air and keeps being pushed back. They're expecting the new September budget and were anticipating a fully open to the public hiring in early winter 2018. (No clue how this announcement fits into that, this was apparently a surprise. Its only for fed employees and vets?)

Comment

• dsw2013
                dsw2013 commented
                Editing a comment
                I assume the 5,000 mark was hit. When the announcement was first posted it stated it closed on August 29. In now says it closes August 24.

• Originally posted by ag189 View Post

Just applied to. Anybody have any way of knowing if we got in within the first 5000? I'm assuming there's a "thanks but no thanks" email if so.

Sat down with one of my districts' deputies with the recruiter collateral so I figured I'd pass on info: Recent grads announcement is still up in the air and keeps being pushed back. They're expecting the new September budget and were anticipating a fully open to the public hiring in early winter 2018. (No clue how this announcement fits into that, this was apparently a surprise. Its only for fed employees and vets?)
              Anyone who applies on the day they reach 5000 is in. Supposedly the last two announcements they took in over 30,000 in the 24 hour period. They don't reject the 5,001 person to apply
              UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
              "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• It's so strange to me how I waited like 3 years for USMS to open up back in June 16, but after I apply another announcement comes out so soon. What gives?

Interviewed in Dec 16 radio silence since. I will never understand how this hiring process works.

Threw my name in the hat again! Best of luck to everyone!

Comment

• Originally posted by dsw2013 View Post
                  I assume the 5,000 mark was hit. When the announcement was first posted it stated it closed on August 29. In now says it closes August 24.
                  I reapplied at 5 this morning and it said the 24.

Comment

• "We are currently still processing all applications. You are an active applicant in the 2016 DUSM Nationwide Announcement. You will not have to reapply to the new announcement, because the previous announcement will not be closed at this time. Once we have or need more information from you, we will contact you.

Thank you for your continued interest in the United States Marshals Service."

Just a waiting game until next year's academies... If you think about it.. OPM/HR will be busy vetting today's applicants and rack and stacking them for next year. Rumor is the next academy will be perhaps sometime in April. We are roughly looking at or around Jan 2018 before they start PT testing for the next academy if the rumor is true.

And based on what I gathered from the people who have received final offers.. the next people in line to start processing for the next academies are those who interviewed around Oct/Dec.

Just my thought even though there isn't really any rhyme or reason to how some get picked and other don't...

and throw in the upcoming holiday season and everyone using their use or lose... I am not going to start poking the bear until after the new year.
                    Last edited by Fail2Launch; 08-24-2017, 02:35 PM.

Comment

• Kmiech
                      Kmiech commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I got basically the same email from them about a week ago. I choose to reapply to be safe. Thanks for the heads up Vox.

• led2016
                      led2016 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I received a similar email but stating I was pending a FIT. I emailed because I haven't heard anything since October and am awaiting my b.i. to go through from August 2016. FITs are scheduled 90 days out from academy dates and the next is tentatively February(also stated in email).

• Im 4 months into the BI. Interviewed in Arlington in Jan 2017. Applied June 2016. The recruitment team responded to my email yesterday encouraging everyone to reapply regardless of how far along in the process you are. Good Luck to all of you. Patience and resilience are key. Big thanks to Vox Populous for the heads up to do so.

Original Email:
                    Good Afternoon,
                    We encourage everyone that can to apply to the announcement, even if you are currently in the process under another announcement.
                    Best,
                    LEHSP Team
                    Law Enforcement Hiring and Student Programs
                    Human Resource Division
                    United States Marshals Service
                    Last edited by WarriorSix; 08-24-2017, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Fail2Launch
                      Fail2Launch commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I guess it all depends who's manning the email that day lol

• USMC03xx
                      USMC03xx commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's the same email I received. Got the link to retest as well.

• I just applied. Lets see what happens!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4610 users online. 307 members and 4303 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X