300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vox Populous View Post
    There is still hope. I declined to be considered for anything in the mass email. Subsequently, I received a notice saying I was no longer being considered for the August class. However, I got a final offer today for a top spot on my wishlist.
    Where?

Comment

• It's nice to see that they're still going to do a recent graduate announcement, even if it is a year and a half late. Kinda rough that many people who were looking for it summer 2016 probably graduated more than 2 years before winter 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slim 315 View Post
        It's nice to see that they're still going to do a recent graduate announcement, even if it is a year and a half late. Kinda rough that many people who were looking for it summer 2016 probably graduated more than 2 years before winter 2017.
        What are the guidelines for the recent graduate post that they're going to have? Like how many years does it have to be since you graduated ?

Comment

• mkb7188
          mkb7188 commented
          Editing a comment
          Graduated within the last two years

• Slim 315
          Slim 315 commented
          Editing a comment
          The Recent Graduates Program affords developmental experiences in the Federal Government intended to promote possible careers in the civil service to individuals who have recently graduated from qualifying educational institutions or programs. To be eligible, applicants must apply within two years of degree or certificate completion (except for veterans precluded from doing so due to their military service obligation, who have up to six years after degree completion to apply). Successful applicants are placed in a dynamic, developmental program with the potential to lead to a civil service career in the Federal Government. The program lasts for 1 year (unless the training requirements of the position warrant a longer and more structured training program).

• Does anyone know the specific day the government wide DUSM announcement is going to post this month? Currently work for the BOP and looking to hop over to another agency within the DOJ.
        Last edited by C/ONWA1; 08-13-2017, 12:52 PM.

Comment

• I really look forward to applying to the DUSM Recent Graduate Announcement but I am still in grad school. My anticipated graduation date is Spring 2018. So roughly between March and April of 2018. I have read on other recent grad. announcements that they will accept at least 1 year of graduate education which I have already exceeded but I am still actively pursuing my degree. Do you guys think this will be acceptable to the DUSM announcement?

I thought Pathways also accepted those that are currently in school and are close to graduation but it seems several other announcements only advertise within the last two years a candidate must have graduated. Any of you guys have any insight on this?

I am a former USMS intern, current grad. student, and juv. corrections officer. I would hate to miss it.

Comment

• Slim 315
            Slim 315 commented
            Editing a comment
            When did you get your Bachelor's degree? If it was winter 2015 or after, then you can apply based off of the recency of that graduation.

Pathways is generally like a paid internship. They want current students, not people who have already graduated. People in pathways generally get hired on post graduation.

Even if you had the unpaid internship, you can still use that experience to get your resumé through USA jobs an then impress the interviewer.

• Hello everyone, I’ve been monitoring this forum for quite some time to familiarize myself with the hiring process. I’m really looking forward to the Recent Graduate Announcement but still confused on the requirements. A bit about me, I’ll be 20 and a half years old in December when the announcement is posted, will attain my bachelor’s degree (Criminal Justice-Justice Administration) in early-mid December and currently 4.0 GPA with two classes remaining, fluent in Arabic including reading, writing, and comprehension, non-sworn Auxiliary Police Officer for two years, associate’s degree in criminal justice, USMS intern this coming fall semester. I far exceed the minimum requirements for the fit test. I’ve also completed all the steps to attend a basic police academy this coming fall, but only as a backup plan in case things don’t fall through. Also, accepted into master’s program this coming January and should graduate in August. Max, or anyone else who could provide some meaningful insight on the requirements or anything else i could do to get my dream job, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank You!
          Last edited by Abdul2; 08-13-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• dsw2013
            dsw2013 commented
            Editing a comment
            My opinion, being fluent in Arabic the FBI would most likely deem you most competitive in the world of hiring. I know that internal emails are sent out regularly searching for employees who can speak foreign languages.

• Slim 315
            Slim 315 commented
            Editing a comment
            You seem like the perfect applicant for any fed leo job, especially recent graduates. Get some help on your resumé during your internship so you can make sure you get through USA jobs. I've been told that it just looks for keywords.

Once you get past that, as long as your background passes and you pass the interview, you should be good.

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            FBI has specific targeted hiring for certain languages right now. Arabic I'm sure is one

• Originally posted by manny1921 View Post
          Looks like your on the right path. All you have to do now is Apply and wait your turn like the rest of us.....Honestly you might actually get bored with USMS you should look into the getting in with the FBI. I've met many people who have completed internships with the USMS and most where unable to get hired on. I am not trying to discourage you but rather encourage you. If I could go back in time I would have shot for the stars at your age, now approaching my mid 30's I am regretting not taking bigger risks. Best of luck to you bud!
          Very wise advice! I'm almost 34 and feel rusty. 21 you couldn't tell me anything

Comment

• Is the Recent Graduate Program intended for Graduate students and is being under the age of 21 at the time of announcement hinder my acceptance? I will attain my bachelors degree this coming December and will be 20 and a half years old. To my understanding, under the OPM website for the USMS, a GS-7 is a 1 full academic year of graduate education or law school OR superior academic achievement. This hiring announcement is GL-0082-07 which is basically a GS-7 id assume? Again, under the OPM website, a GS-5 is a 4-year course of study above high school leading to a bachelor's degree. But I've went to USA jobs website and found out that the Recent Graduates requirements are "Recent graduates who have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associates, bachelors, masters, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution". I will be in my masters program in January and will finish in August.Thank You!

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...l-series-0082/

https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...#url=graduates
            Last edited by Abdul2; 08-14-2017, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• LadyKiller
              LadyKiller commented
              Editing a comment
              I work for another 6c covered agency and several of us are going to apply for the recent grad announcement. I don't know what they are looking for, but personally I have 3 B.S. degrees, 2 Masters Degrees, and 10+ years of law enforcement experience.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
              ShockTroopDevilDog commented
              Editing a comment
              when is the recent graduates announcement coming out?

• If your going to the academy in August can you PM me. I want to try to coordinate the flow of information.

Comment

• New! The United States Marshals Service (USMS) Deputy U.S. Marshal (DUSM) hiring drive will commence this month, August 2017. In partnership with the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), a nationwide announcement will be posted in USAJOBS. This announcement will be open to all status Federal Government employees wishing to be considered for employment as a DUSM. OPM will manage the application process, administer the on-line assessments, and develop referral certificates. Following the screening, applicants will be interviewed by USMS structured interview teams and ultimately placed on a best qualified hiring certificate based on their performance on all of these indicators. The outlined process creates a register of well qualified candidates to fill DUSM classes beginning in FY18 and beyond.

A USMS general notice email will go out on the opening date of the August vacancy announcement containing a link to the announcement in USAJOBS. Please assist us by encouraging all interested applicants to create or update their USAJOBS accounts and to set up their notice for USMS job postings now, before the announcement opens, so that they may receive immediate notification from USAJOBS. The announcement will be open for up to five (5) days or until we reach our target number of applications. As with the announcements in 2016, we expect significant interest and anticipate it closing quickly, possibly in a 24-hour period.

Once the announcement is open, if you receive questions and/or calls from applicants applying for this announcement, please immediately direct them to OPM at USMarshals@OPM.gov. HRD does not have access to the application process and with the likely short open period, it is imperative applicants contact OPM directly so as to be timely.

Comment

• Safe to assume if previously applied and still continuing through process, no need to reapply.

Comment

• That's discouraging. I don't get it they have enough for a few more classes still in the pipeline. Hopefully they don't scrap the process for those of us who haven't received TOs yet.

Comment

• DarthSidus34
                    DarthSidus34 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I just got my TO a few days ago and there have been people that received them long before I did as part of the same hiring drive from last year, so I wouldn't get discouraged,

• Are the Marshals still using the Special Agent exam or are they sticking to that USA Hire online test?

Comment

• "3 B.S. degrees, 2 Masters Degrees, and 10+ years of law enforcement experience."

Why would you apply to become a GL 07/09 USM when you can easily become an 1811 for a three letter agency or a Chief of Police in most parts of the country?

Comment

• The Marshals just promoted 200 GS-13s. That means they have more vacancies tham available best qualified candidates. The USMS intends to use the current list through FY18; however, many people who had a TO backed out due to the extreme pay cut. Hence, new people are receiving a TO.

If you are on this list, you should apply to the next announcement as well. This way you will still be eligible if this cert expires.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10523 users online. 422 members and 10101 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X