Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completed background investigation meeting today.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post
      The External Deputy U.S. Marshal Hiring Drive

HRD has completed the 2016 hiring drive and is in discussion with OPM to set up more hiring in 2017. We kicked off the 2017 hiring with the IMP Entry level DUSM announcement. Next up, we hope to post a new MP Deputy Announcement in August 2017, followed up with the Pathway Recent Graduate (RG) Announcement at the entry level DUSM, GL-0082-07. This RG announcement will post as a public/DE announcement and will not be limited to government wide. Applicants who apply will be eligible for positions posted in the announcement. Currently the order of posting announcements will be:
      o Internal MP DUSM Announcement Closed 3/31/2017
      o 2017 DUSM MP (Gov't Only) NW Posting Date: August 2017
      o DUSM Recent Graduate Pathways Posting Date: Winter 2017
      o Excepted Service Hiring Authority TBD
      Max,

Are you all going to be hiring for government employees again the next couple of years?

Comment

HRD has completed the 2016 hiring drive and is in discussion with OPM to set up more hiring in 2017. We kicked off the 2017 hiring with the IMP Entry level DUSM announcement. Next up, we hope to post a new MP Deputy Announcement in August 2017, followed up with the Pathway Recent Graduate (RG) Announcement at the entry level DUSM, GL-0082-07. This RG announcement will post as a public/DE announcement and will not be limited to government wide. Applicants who apply will be eligible for positions posted in the announcement. Currently the order of posting announcements will be:
        Does this mean if you hadn't received a tentative offer yet that your out of luck. Just curious, never received the bad news letter.

Comment

• airborne1
          airborne1 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm in the same boat. Tried reaching out through E-Mail but heard nothing. All in all, this position is very competitive and I'm sure many of us are fit to do the job. It would be nice to hear any type of notification.

• wvsaint
          wvsaint commented
          Editing a comment
          Your right, any type of notification would be nice. Lol

• Just did my drug test, waiting on fit and an offer. Just wondering if im still on the list or are they done.
        Last edited by Dubmg83; 08-10-2017, 07:37 AM.

Comment

• Question for the group? Does anybody know if someone was deferred adjudication for an assault and battery charge for domestic violence in VA and the charge will be dismissed in one year after completing the 12 month probation and remain out of trouble. Can they still go thru a hiring process and possibly get hired because there is NO charge and it will get dismissed? the charge yes does sound bad but it was a simple he said, she said case. My buddy is in this situation and is worried it will halt him. He has a superior clean record and never been in trouble before. ?????? Oh he is currently a FED Leo for another agency and his agency told him it doesn't hindering him to keeping his job be there is no conviction and will be no conviction after it gets dismissed.

Comment

• DDixon1000
            DDixon1000 commented
            Editing a comment
            I am a current federal LEO, I have also worked as a local, county, and state LEO. What I will tell you is on every single level of law enforcement I have worked, I worked with guys who had been previously arrested for DV, but did not receive a conviction. On the federal level it's all about the adjudication manual and what it says in regards to the issue. I know I have worked with a couple feds who have had arrests for DV, but no conviction. So, no, the arrest isn't a "career killer", a conviction on the other hand may be if the adjudication manual says so.

• The good ol my buddy story huh? Even a misdemeanor Domestic violence conviction is a career killer for leos.

Comment

Did the internal gov positing already post? If so when?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dubmg83 View Post
              Question for the group? Does anybody know if someone was deferred adjudication for an assault and battery charge for domestic violence in VA and the charge will be dismissed in one year after completing the 12 month probation and remain out of trouble. Can they still go thru a hiring process and possibly get hired because there is NO charge and it will get dismissed? the charge yes does sound bad but it was a simple he said, she said case. My buddy is in this situation and is worried it will halt him. He has a superior clean record and never been in trouble before. ?????? Oh he is currently a FED Leo for another agency and his agency told him it doesn't hindering him to keeping his job be there is no conviction and will be no conviction after it gets dismissed.
              He pretty much has no chance with USMS. There are hundreds of applicants with clean records and more qualified than him. Conviction or not, the probation history will remain in his record and he will have to disclose it during the BI. Why would the USMS take a chance with this guy? It is simply not in the best interest of the USMS.

Comment

• Hey guys I was looking at the qualifications on the website to be a Deputy U.S. Marshal and it explains how you have to pass tests, background investigations and interviews and all of that other stuff but it doesn't have the polygraph on there. Do you not take the polygraph to get this job? Or is that something they just recently changed?

Comment

• Originally posted by mose904 View Post
                  Hey guys I was looking at the qualifications on the website to be a Deputy U.S. Marshal and it explains how you have to pass tests, background investigations and interviews and all of that other stuff but it doesn't have the polygraph on there. Do you not take the polygraph to get this job? Or is that something they just recently changed?

I never took a polygraph for the job. I haven't heard any talks of it either

Comment

• mose904
                    mose904 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ohh ok thanks man ! Here I am thinkin every federal agency goes through the polygraph process lol

• Originally posted by wvsaint View Post
                  Your right, any type of notification would be nice. Lol
                  Just remember when you get the call it's always short notice and inconvenient. Love hate relationship

Comment

• Originally posted by Dubmg83 View Post
                    Just did my drug test, waiting on fit and an offer. Just wondering if im still on the list or are they done.
                    Last I heard hey were done for august, but people have been dropping out for whatever reasons so their still hope

Comment

• There is still hope. I declined to be considered for anything in the mass email. Subsequently, I received a notice saying I was no longer being considered for the August class. However, I got a final offer today for a top spot on my wishlist.

Comment

• Is there a way to find out the current status of your background investigation? I submitted the eqip in May and many of my references were interviewed in August but I haven't heard anything else. Just trying to figure out what's going on.

Comment

• For BI status you will need to call OPM's background investigation branch.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9751 users online. 316 members and 9435 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X