Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone been contacted (or heard anything new) about those last 7 class slots? For those out there that got the email, how log did you all have to respond with your city choices?

Comment

• battlewagon
      battlewagon commented
      Editing a comment
      The email stated that anyone who received the email had to respond by July 30th, yesterday. I was not one of the people who received it however.

• Yes, responded on Saturday and was contacted today to schedule my FIT.

Comment

• I got the call had two choices

Comment

• GunsNSprinkles
        GunsNSprinkles commented
        Editing a comment
        If you accepted, where did you pick?

• Originally posted by FedWannaBe27 View Post
      Has anyone been contacted (or heard anything new) about those last 7 class slots? For those out there that got the email, how log did you all have to respond with your city choices?
      I replied to the email on Friday. I was losing faith today but as I was going home from work I received a call from one of those seven offices wanting to do a phone interview tomorrow. . made my day.

Comment

• For those in the running for the last 7 class spots...was there any indication if they are filling 1 person per city or just fill 7 seats by any means necessary (let the speculation begin)???

Comment

• sbsellards1
        sbsellards1 commented
        Editing a comment
        The email made it sound like they were filling 1 per. I accepted an offer of 1 of the locations and I know of another who accepted an offer at a different location on the list.

• Vox Populous
        Vox Populous commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe their intent is to fill each location with an applicant. However, I believe they are requesting additional people take the FIT, so they can fill another location should an applicant back out last minute.
        Last edited by Vox Populous; 08-01-2017, 10:36 PM. Reason: Autocorrect

• Question regarding busting down and repromoting. I have read the OPM promoting and two step rule page, but it is more confusing than helping.

If I am a current 12/1 and bust to a 7/10 > 9/10 > is it 11/7 > and the big question, when you get your 12, which would be 12/1, do you get two stepped to 12/3?

I am basing this on coming from and staying on a RUS locality.

Thanks
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Did they have an announcement on USAJOBS. I've been checking all the time for announcements. In the works for DEA, Border Patrol, and the feds, but FAMS and Marshal service were my top picks.. Never came across an announcement 8(

Comment

• Originally posted by niftytim View Post
          Did they have an announcement on USAJOBS. I've been checking all the time for announcements. In the works for DEA, Border Patrol, and the feds, but FAMS and Marshal service were my top picks.. Never came across an announcement 8(
          The announcements are always open for only 24 hours. They are the ones that say the announcement will remain open for X number of days, or close the first day they receive 5,000 applicants (or whatever number they pick). They always meet that number the first day, but the announcement remains open until the end of that day, so they usually take 10,000 20 or ive heard over 30,000 applications.

Regardless, you need to know when it is going to open and be ready to apply. I've read some people who have USMS notifications set up from USAjobs, but the notification doesn't generate until after the announcement has closed.

honor first

Comment

• niftytim
            niftytim commented
            Editing a comment
            cool thanks for that information.. basically you better be lucky, or a hermit to catch it ha.

• sbsellards1
            sbsellards1 commented
            Editing a comment
            niftytim- Even though the hiring process isn't run through them like some other agencies, the Marshals Service does have recruiters in each district. They should be able to give you a heads up on the time frame of the USAJobs announcements.

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            If they get approval to go Schedule B hiring, then you'll never miss an announcement again!

• Just an FYI there may be an open offer in Milwaukee if anyone is interested. Found out a couple days ago my wife is two months pregnant so I had to rescind my acceptance of the offer. Sucks, but life goes on.

Comment

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            Bummer man. Youll be the front of the list for the next class

• Got my FO about an hour ago.

Comment

• Ski181
            Ski181 commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here. Let the paperwork begin

• Congratulations to all of you with a final offer.

Unfortunately, I was not able to accept any location In the email, but for some reason they scheduled me to take a FIT after my response. Considering you all are getting final offers, I don't expect anything to come of this in terms of the August class. I am probably a backup in case someone backs out last minute.

It will just be nice to get a workout in and obtain familiarity with how the process runs.

Has anyone else recently been scheduled for a FIT?

Comment

• I have been reading this forum since the 2012 announcement so I wanted to contribute.

Applied 2012 announcement. Cannot recall when all the steps were completed but finished the process to include FIT but was never given the final offer.

Applied again for the 2016 announcement. Cannot recall when all the steps were completed but did take the fitness test two more times.

Received a final offer outside of my wish list and turned it down.

Received another offer about a week later. Still not on my wish list but did accept the offer.

For those who are still waiting, I wish you the best and don't give up if this is what you want......

Comment

• Vox Populous
              Vox Populous commented
              Editing a comment
              Great news, Palmer. I wish you luck. Congrats on achieving your goal. I am sure it has been a long road.

• The External Deputy U.S. Marshal Hiring Drive

HRD has completed the 2016 hiring drive and is in discussion with OPM to set up more hiring in 2017. We kicked off the 2017 hiring with the IMP Entry level DUSM announcement. Next up, we hope to post a new MP Deputy Announcement in August 2017, followed up with the Pathway Recent Graduate (RG) Announcement at the entry level DUSM, GL-0082-07. This RG announcement will post as a public/DE announcement and will not be limited to government wide. Applicants who apply will be eligible for positions posted in the announcement. Currently the order of posting announcements will be:
            o Internal MP DUSM Announcement Closed 3/31/2017
            o 2017 DUSM MP (Gov't Only) NW Posting Date: August 2017
            o DUSM Recent Graduate Pathways Posting Date: Winter 2017
            o Excepted Service Hiring Authority TBD

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post
              The External Deputy U.S. Marshal Hiring Drive

HRD has completed the 2016 hiring drive and is in discussion with OPM to set up more hiring in 2017. We kicked off the 2017 hiring with the IMP Entry level DUSM announcement. Next up, we hope to post a new MP Deputy Announcement in August 2017, followed up with the Pathway Recent Graduate (RG) Announcement at the entry level DUSM, GL-0082-07. This RG announcement will post as a public/DE announcement and will not be limited to government wide. Applicants who apply will be eligible for positions posted in the announcement. Currently the order of posting announcements will be:
              o Internal MP DUSM Announcement Closed 3/31/2017
              o 2017 DUSM MP (Gov't Only) NW Posting Date: August 2017
              o DUSM Recent Graduate Pathways Posting Date: Winter 2017
              o Excepted Service Hiring Authority TBD
              Max thanks for the info you always provide awesome posts. Does the August announcement which is government only mean GS employees or can active duty military apply. Probably a stupid question but just checking!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1811_WannaBe View Post

Max thanks for the info you always provide awesome posts. Does the August announcement which is government only mean GS employees or can active duty military apply. Probably a stupid question but just checking!
                Almost always everyone in the federal service who is the competitive service. If you are in the excepted service, you would need to have interagency agreement between USMS and yours to apply.

honor first

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12704 users online. 475 members and 12229 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X