Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know how much time they give you to sell your house?

And if the FIT test is a one shot deal? I know with the FBI you get 2 attempts at it in case you fail the first time.

thanks
    Last edited by Spartan1371; 07-27-2017, 09:01 PM.
    USMS timeline
    Applied:June 2016
    Rating 99
    Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
    Fed LEO (6 years)
    USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
    Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• Spartan1371
      Spartan1371 commented
      Editing a comment
      You're not wrong...by any stretch of the imagination, but they'll just need to take another person. The FBI even has allotted time at the academy for house hunting. My particular LEO position which is federal gives people tons of time to make arrangements. It could be completely infeasible for the USMS. I just don't see how hard it could be to select people, Test them and put them in a pool for the next academic years classes. Then all of the professional and advanced applicants that you are demanding can make arrangements.

I'm not in a position or willing to pay a mortgage on a home in a city I'm not living in while I take a pay cut to live in another city paying rent until my other house sells. That's rediculous in my mind.

I'll just yield the seat to someone whose in a better position (renting and doesn't care) or willing to deal with all of this nonsense.

This agency can't even answer the phone....thats insane.

• Vox Populous
      Vox Populous commented
      Editing a comment
      It sounds like you may work for the BOP. Some agencies like the BOP who don't send you to an academy right away have more flexibility than the USMS.

That being said, I can't tell you how many Marshals have told me to stay where I am at. Therefore, your perception of not being very staff oriented seems to be accurate -- at least for now.

The good news is that many deputies are thrilled about who may end up as director, so that situation could change in the near future.

As far as the FIT, you can take it at least one more time. Just don't hang your hat on that. I know life can get extremely busy, but you need to take the time to develop all of your competencies to include your physical abilities. That will ensure your success in any position and earn the respect of both the public and your peers.
      Last edited by Vox Populous; 07-28-2017, 07:10 AM. Reason: FIT comments added

• Spartan1371
      Spartan1371 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I was only curious in case someone is sick or etc. We all have bad run days or torn tendons etc.

• Bandido
      Bandido commented
      Editing a comment
      Not exactly sure what you are driving at? How much more time do you need to sell your house? You have the time pre-academy, which may be short, plus the entire time at the academy. The FBI doesn't even tell you where you will be stationed until after you have started the academy. I think the USMS has a major leg up on that by virtue of the fact you at least know where you will be stationed before you even accept the job.

As far as the USMS and its people, there is no federal agency that loves its people, only people that love the agency. I think you would find plenty of those people in the USMS, doing the best job in the world. The job will be what you make of it and what you bring to the table.

• The USMS does not care if you sell your house.

As far as the FIT test, I think you can retake once within 2 weeks if you fail.

Comment

• Sounds like an excellent organization...really puts there people first. Explains why they are short so many.
      USMS timeline
      Applied:June 2016
      Rating 99
      Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
      Fed LEO (6 years)
      USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
      Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• I spoke with my FIT coordinator and he said that they will indeed be testing for body fat and sit and reach test when I go. And be isn't a fill in for the usual FIT guy, he is the normal DUSM assigned to it so i don't imagine he is just shooting from the hip.
        UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
        "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Took and passed my FIT today. Just wanted to advise you all that they indeed did do the body fat caliper measurement and sit and reach. I know some said they did NOT do the sit and reach and BF measurement, but they did for me. Shouldn't make too much of a difference for anyone, but just a heads up.

honor first

Comment

• I was offered a conditional offer for Puerto Rico back around May 2016. I've received an email requesting more medical records from the VA. I had also heard something about the PR spots have already been filled. Is anyone one able to confirm or deny this info?

Comment

• Originally posted by USMC0311Kilo View Post
              I was offered a conditional offer for Puerto Rico back around May 2016. I've received an email requesting more medical records from the VA. I had also heard something about the PR spots have already been filled. Is anyone one able to confirm or deny this info?
              That PR announcement said they were hiring over 10 people so I doubt its full. Give it hell man!! Unfortunately I could not except the PR offer for family reason.

Comment

• USMC0311Kilo
                USMC0311Kilo commented
                Editing a comment
                I applied for it not knowing they were going to open the main one a month later. Since I accepted, family situation has changed as well. Did they offer you a different location once you turned it down? I hear they might be posting for another hiring from the U. S. Marshals in my locality but not sure who it would be open to.

• We have seven (7) remaining seats in the August 2017 Deputy U.S. Marshal Class. The seats are located in:
              • Washington, D.C.
              • Honolulu, HI
              • San Francisco, CA
              • Seattle, WA
              • Richland, WA
              • Oxford, MS
              • Birmingham, AL​​​​​
              If you have a cleared BI, I would let them know you are interested.
              Last edited by Vox Populous; 07-29-2017, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• GunsNSprinkles
                GunsNSprinkles commented
                Editing a comment
                I've been lurker here for a while but have noticed you and I seem to be at the same step in the process. Got the same email today, along with the "good news" email the other day. If we aren't placed into one of these 7 seats do you think we will still be considered for the 2018 classes for any of those locations? I still haven't even done the FIT, but thats all I have left to do.

• Vox Populous
                Vox Populous commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes. We should be considered for the 2018 classes. I have been told people are turning down the job left and right, hence, they are now extending new Tentative Offers to applicants who were not DQed during the interview.

Sending an email with openings is the most intelligent move I have seen yet. It saves time and resources.

• Originally posted by Vox Populous View Post
              We have seven (7) remaining seats in the August 2017 Deputy U.S. Marshal Class. The seats are located in:
              • Washington, D.C.
              • Honolulu, HI
              • San Francisco, CA
              • Seattle, WA
              • Richland, WA
              • Oxford, MS
              • Birmingham, AL​​​​​
              Did you get that email?

Comment

• GunsNSprinkles
                GunsNSprinkles commented
                Editing a comment
                I did this afternoon. Guess they don't want to waste any time filling those seats

• Vox Populous
                Vox Populous commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes. I sincerely appreciate the opportunity; however, I am going to wait until February so I can potentially get something closer to home.

I give them credit. Asking for those interested in what is available is a major process improvement. This way, you're not going back and forth with someone who cannot move their family across the country for a GL-07.

I know this is a nationwide announcement, and I fully understand we are subject to a mobility agreement --but it's a totally different situation when it's the government paying for your move.
                Last edited by Vox Populous; 07-29-2017, 09:21 AM.

• Originally posted by Galeo21 View Post
              Did you get that email?
              I put 4 of them a cpl is really like, but atleast this way they know ill go anywhere but cali or dc!

Comment

• GunsNSprinkles
                GunsNSprinkles commented
                Editing a comment
                Meanwhile the only location I responded about was D.C.... I've heard it's awful, but it would be the easiest option for my family on such short notice. Fingers crossed

• I told them I would take any of the 7, I really want something in the southeast but in the end I'm willing to go anywhere for this job. I still haven't done my fit so I'm probabaly on the tailend of the list anyway.

Comment

• Vox Populous
                Vox Populous commented
                Editing a comment
                The FIT takes less than an hour. They can actually select you and require you to pass a fit before it's official. If you received the good news email, you are just as relevant as all of us.

• Alabama is in the southeast, Mississippi for that matter is as well.

Comment

• Leatherneck2026
                Leatherneck2026 commented
                Editing a comment
                Haha, I know geography bro....so I ranked those as my top two picks but then told them if they are full I'll take any of the other 5. Risky business but if I have to live in Hawaii for a while so be it. I got the wife on board.

• Vox Populous
                Vox Populous commented
                Editing a comment
                @Leatherneck2026, I wish you good luck.

• Leatherneck2026
                Leatherneck2026 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Vox, same to you. And to all of you for that matter. If this August class doesn't work out we always have February to look forward to. The light at the end is near.

• Originally posted by Vox Populous View Post
              We have seven (7) remaining seats in the August 2017 Deputy U.S. Marshal Class. The seats are located in:
              • Washington, D.C.
              • Honolulu, HI
              • San Francisco, CA
              • Seattle, WA
              • Richland, WA
              • Oxford, MS
              • Birmingham, AL​​​​​
              Messaged you. Can anyone else who received this email please message me the context of it? Did they send that out to everyone who is in the process, people who are already cleared to hire, etc. I received a call last week and I told them I would consider the location they told me. They said I have a seat in August pending a passing FIT (which I passed Friday). So I havent received my firm offer yet, but to be honest I am not 100% I can do the location they called me on. If those above places are available, there are two that I will gladly commit to and sign my life away immediately, as opposed to having to weigh where they offered me.
              GunsNSprinkles

honor first

Comment

• jimmycoughdrops
                jimmycoughdrops commented
                Editing a comment
                I received this email after I turned down what they offered. I sent my reply back with one of those locations an hour after I received the email. Those are way better choices. So we'll see if I get it. I completed all the requirements last month.

• Does anyone know if the DUSM will allow trainees to swap duty stations? It seems that some people would prefer an office that was given to someone else. Just wanted to know if any of you have heard of this happening.

Comment

• Galeo21
                Galeo21 commented
                Editing a comment
                I've heard yes,

• Bandido
                Bandido commented
                Editing a comment
                I haven't heard of it happening in a while, but could be wrong. I'd imagine both districts would have to be on board and agree to the swap prior to it being approved.

• They wouldn't let you back in the day, not sure if anything changed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7456 users online. 419 members and 7037 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X