Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just took the drug test today. How long after that do they usually schedule the fit test after?

Comment

• I took drug test about 3+ months ago. Still waiting. But my background isn't complete yet either.

Comment

• Vox Populous
        Vox Populous commented
        Editing a comment
        I feel your pain. Mine only just recently cleared and it was done by the contractor months ago.

• Originally posted by ls1_oklahoma View Post
      Vox- Thanks for the fast reply. I'm aware of the entry pay scale and the steps. I was more curious about what a realistic estimate of take home pay would be? I know at my PD there are pension, FOP union dues, etc taken out. What is a good ball park to budget for the GL-07 pay scale?
      GS 7 step 1 for Oklahoma is 46,110. You gross about 1400 a paycheck after standard deductions.
      That number will decrease if you add a lot of tsp deductions.

Comment

• ls1_oklahoma
        ls1_oklahoma commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks, just wanted to make sure I was planning appropriately.

• Nothing on my end- anyone receive an emailed FO yet?

Comment

• tomkolo
        tomkolo commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you accept an offered location yet via phone? The emails probably won't go out until next month and everyone that accepted the phone offer usually gets the email around the same time.

• DrewC2016
        DrewC2016 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tomkolo- yes I did accept when they called. But when asked when they anticipate the FO emails getting sent out, he gave me a response of a couple weeks, which would be this week. I was just curious if anyone that monitors this forum and doesn't post, would care to have shared if they got the email. Becuase at the end of the day, noone has a legitmate offer until we get that FO.

-Cheers

• Anyone know if emailed FOs went out? I fit tested over a month ago and haven't heard anything, just trying to see if they filled August so I can stop staring at my phone.

Comment

• Are there any further updates on the recent grad announcement?

Comment

• They called me today and offered me Puerto Rico. THEY gave me a day to decide. Super nervous.

Comment

• ls1_oklahoma
            ls1_oklahoma commented
            Editing a comment
            Dang - I have been wondering how they make these offers. Because some people appeared to have a choice of more than one of a preference. Also how much time is allowed to decide on a location. Well if you do accept PR, a guy in my unit lives there if you have any questions message me and I can ask him or link you two up for Q&A.

• Vox Populous
            Vox Populous commented
            Editing a comment
            Regardless of what people think, the wishlist does play a role in all this.

According to the human resources manual, HRD determines the staffing numbers; therefore they decide who is going to get a body.

If it's a large office, like DC, NY, or LA, the HRD often picks applicants to fill vacancies. If it's a mid-sized office, HRD sends the Chief a list with names to choose from.

Unfortunately, my BI didn't clear in time to be on a lists for the August class.

Really, I have a great job so it is not a big deal. However, many of us on this board are not as fortunate. For their sake, I hope OPM gets their act together. The Marshals are extremely shorthanded and averaging 364 days to complete a BI sure does not help.

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I agree wishlist does make a difference. I am confident that helped me get the call. The location I am going to is considered hard to fill for pretty much every agency. CBP, my current agency, is doing paid moves with a 25% salary bonus for three years to new CBP AMO hires to the location I chose. Sucks I have to move OCONUS on my own dime as a GS-7, but oh well. Of course this is pending my passing of the FIT test.

• Originally posted by jimmycoughdrops View Post
          They called me today and offered me Puerto Rico. THEY gave me a day to decide. Super nervous.
          Same, but different location. I am pending a FIT and drug. Anyone have quick reference to the minimum requirements for the PT test?

Is it 'fair' across the chart for minimums to get hired: https://www.usmarshals.gov/careers/fitness_men.html
          Run the only thing that has me concerned.

EDIT:
          Also, another big question. Does anyone know how use-or-lose works if you attend the academy and end up going into use or lose (240 hours) in an environment where you aren't allowed to take AL? I know there are assignments within CBP that you can't take leave during, so the agency obtained OPM waivers for use or lose allowing you to carry it over for 6 months into the next year before it was lost or something like that.
          Last edited by battlewagon; 07-24-2017, 06:02 PM.
          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• ls1_oklahoma
            ls1_oklahoma commented
            Editing a comment
            Ski is right - it says it at the top of the PT chart on the link you pasted. Also the chart itself has a red line that runs below minimum. Best of luck!

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            I see that I'm not blind ha but was just going off something I read here previously. Word, so PU SU and 1.5. No problem. Obviously not everything I read in this thread was correct, but is it true that it is just PU SU run, no reach test? None of those things are issues but I just want to practice-as-tested.

Also, another big question. Does anyone know how use-or-lose works if you attend the academy and end up going into use or lose (240 hours) in an environment where you aren't allowed to take AL? I know there are assignments within CBP that you can't take leave during, so the agency obtained OPM waivers for use or lose allowing you to carry it over for 6 months into the next year before it was lost or something like that.

• Ski181
            Ski181 commented
            Editing a comment
            Also, my FIT consisted of only the Pushups, Situps, and Run. Was told that sit and reach and body fat were done at FLETC for CITP but are only for showing improvement, not pass/fail

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            Just commenting on this, change to let you guys know that the fit coordinator I spoke with said that when I go he will indeed be doing reach and body fat. He's also their normal guy who does it so it's not like he is a fill-in who doesn't know what he's talking about. So I dunno. I'll let you know if I end up doing it when I'm there

• I just received the "good news" email about the August class...I guess I'll be taking the fit soon.

Comment

• Meat0177
            Meat0177 commented
            Editing a comment
            What location?

• battlewagon
            battlewagon commented
            Editing a comment
            They don't tell you location until they call you. The good news email is just a generic copy and paste email.

• Finally got a TO, now a 7hr round trip drive for medical is required. This process is nutts.
          USMS timeline
          Applied:June 2016
          Rating 99
          Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
          Fed LEO (6 years)
          USMC 2003-2007 (combat tours in Fallujah and Ramadi)
          Bachelors in CJ with a minor in Psychology (GPA 3.24)

Comment

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            That's great news tho. I'm waiting for my TO as well. Good to see they are coming back to the applicants who haven't heard anything since the interview.

• Thanks....yes it's nice to see movement.

I do absolutely despise that there is no recruiter or handler in charge of candidates. There is no one to contact which is insane.
          USMS timeline
          Rating 99
          Recieved interview invitation for September however interviewed in ATL in October due to work requirements.

10 pt Vet
          Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I know kind of strange. When and where did you have your interview?

• In Atlanta, October 2016
          USMS timeline
          Rating 99

10 pt Vet
          Fed LEO (6 years)

Comment

• Kmiech
            Kmiech commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh ok. I interviewed in January in VA.

• Could everyone post their timeline? I am curious to see where everyone is in the process.

Applied: June 6, 2016
          Rating: 87
          Interview: January 24, 2017
          Received TO: April 17, 2017
          Fingerprinted: May 1, 2017
          Medical: May 12, 2017
          Drug Test: July 17, 2017
          Fit Test: Pending?
          Background: Pending?
          Last edited by mkb7188; 07-27-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

• usms-help1
            usms-help1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Here's mine again!!

Usms Vacancy
            Applied 6/8/16
            Interview 8/30/16
            Tentative offer 8/31/16
            Equip submitted 9/13/16
            Medical 9/19/16
            Urinalysis 10/25/16
            Finished up with OPM Field investigator end of Jan 17
            Background still pending !!!
            Fit ??? Hmmm

• Vox Populous
            Vox Populous commented
            Editing a comment
            USMS-help 1, this is what I'm talking about. You did everything before me, and somehow I got my "Good news" email and your BI is still pending.

Everyone is upset with how the Marshals are running the process, but they are just doing their best to work around OPM.

From what I remember, guys were getting called to do their FIT within a week or so of getting the "Good news" email. I think it's crazy that you legit beat me out during the initial assessments only to have me be given an opportunity to attend an August class that should have possibly been afforded to you.

I am all about integrity and doing the right thing -- that is just not right.

Applied: June 2016
            Interviewed October 18, 2016
            TO: December 27, 2017
            Medical:February 8, 2017
            BI: February 2017
            Redid the medical to a work related injury March 21, 2017
            Redid my BI interview (foreign travel): June 2017.
            OPM closed my case: July 14, 2017
            Marshals Adjudicated my BI: July 25, 2017
            FIT: Pending
            Last edited by Vox Populous; 07-30-2017, 09:40 AM.

• ls1_oklahoma
            ls1_oklahoma commented
            Editing a comment
            Applied June 2016
            Interview January 2017
            Tentative offer April 2017
            Received information for Medical April 2017, but currently overseas. Been advised to contact HRD upon my return. Should continue on in approximately 50-70 days.

• For anyone who received a final offer call for August class, do you mind sharing what location you accepted? It would be interesting to see what locations they were hiring for this time around.

Comment

• DrewC2016
            DrewC2016 commented
            Editing a comment
            I don't know if any one received an actual final offer yet (which is sent via email)- but when they do call you for the TO, they do give a location.

• Meat0177
            Meat0177 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was offered Milwaukee, WI. I haven't heard anything since I accepted.

• You the man Vox !!! Wishing you the best !! Hopefully one day my background will be complete lol!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9456 users online. 480 members and 8976 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X