300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wicho1 View Post
    I got my offer on July 6 for the August class but I declined. I was offered Alpine Texas and I was really hoping to get something in the southern district of Texas. Mcallen Tx, Laredo, Corpus Christi or Brownsville TX.
    How many announcements did you get referred to? You think they will call you again?

Comment

• Vox Populous
      Vox Populous commented
      Editing a comment
      They have many vacancies and not enough best qualified applicants. You should get offered something else before this list expires at the end of 2018.

• Just one, I applied back in July 2016. I really have no idea but I hope so.

Comment

• Meat0177
      Meat0177 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you currently in South Texas? I am currently stationed in S. Texas and am going to get out haha. Still no call.....

• Yeah I live in the Mcallen area so I was hoping I could get somewhere close. I'm a cbpo working out of the Progreso Texas port of entry.

Comment

• . If you have already taken a FIT test recently, we will not be able to accept those results for this class because the FIT’s have to be conducted 90 days prior to the start of class. If you do not have a current FIT test dated after 6/7/17, you will not be considered for the August class.

Just got this kind of confused by the wording. It is saying we can't accept past FIT test results, but if you don't have one by a date that has already passed, you will not be considered for the class.

I already figured I would not be eligible for the August class since I had a medical follow-up that just got submitted last month. For absolutely nothing I should add and the doctor made that pretty clear in his medical follow-up review that there was no reason for me to be there, so unfortunately it looks like I missed out on my chance to make the August class.
      UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
      "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Wicho1
        Wicho1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I got confused when I got that same email. I guess what they meant was that anything before that date would not be considered. I was called for my fit test approx 4 days after 6-7-17. I got my final offer last week.

• sbsellards1
        sbsellards1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Wicho1, you got an actual final offer? They didn't call for interest/drug test or anything like that? I FIT tested a few weeks ago and it's been radio silence since then, figured they were still putting stuff together before they made offers.

• Wicho1
        Wicho1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I got my final offer on July 6 for Alpine TX. I took my drug test back in late March or early May, I should have the date somewhere. If you took that fit test I'm sure you should be getting called here pretty soon. I got called with the final offer about 3 weeks after the fit test.

• Actually got a reply to an email I sent last night. Said that they received my SF50, HR contact info, and that they will be in contact soon for the remaining steps. I'm hoping to have the official letter by the end of next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
        . If you have already taken a FIT test recently, we will not be able to accept those results for this class because the FIT’s have to be conducted 90 days prior to the start of class. If you do not have a current FIT test dated after 6/7/17, you will not be considered for the August class.

Just got this kind of confused by the wording. It is saying we can't accept past FIT test results, but if you don't have one by a date that has already passed, you will not be considered for the class.

I already figured I would not be eligible for the August class since I had a medical follow-up that just got submitted last month. For absolutely nothing I should add and the doctor made that pretty clear in his medical follow-up review that there was no reason for me to be there, so unfortunately it looks like I missed out on my chance to make the August class.
        Not sure when you got the email, but i emailed back and got called for a FIT as that is all i had left. I askex them that, they said yep.

Comment

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          They said yes about not being eligible for the August class? Thanks for the info

• Galeo21
          Galeo21 commented
          Editing a comment
          Battle you must still have a step left, probably that extra medical thing.

• Meat0177
          Meat0177 commented
          Editing a comment
          I did my fit almost a month ago and haven't heard a thing. I am hoping soon because August is fast approaching.

• battlewagon
          battlewagon commented
          Editing a comment
          They received my medical follow up last month and I received the email that most people say came before the FIT, which would, to me at least, indicate that I am now medically cleared. Just disappointed that if I am lucky enough to be selected, it wont be the August class due to the unnecessary medical delay

• has anyone received tentative offers for Puerto Rico and Nationwide ?

Comment

• Meat0177
          Meat0177 commented
          Editing a comment
          Are you referring to the announcement from last year, and if so, yes I believe all have gone out.

• Not trying to hijack the thread...

I am seeking guidance for any upcoming Entry Level DUSM vacancies. I understand that there was an open announcement on USAJobs in June of 2016. When may the next vacancies be posted? I have sold my home and discussed/prepared my family for the possibility of moving if such opportunities present themselves. I am currently in the Department of Justice with the Federal Bureau of Prisons as a GS-11 approaching eight years in my career with an Associates Degree in CRJ Police Studies. I have heard rumor that without military experience it is nearly impossible to hire in with the USMS, is there any validity to this? What about without a Bachelors? Any information you may provide, even beyond the realm of my questions, will be extremely helpful and appreciated, thanks...

Comment

• tomkolo
          tomkolo commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't think anybody is going to have a firm answer on when the next posting will be. A lot of people from last years posting will be finishing their backgrounds and moving forward to the upcoming classes at the end of this year and next year. The process takes a good bit of time, so don't do anything rash. Just apply and do what needs to be done. I applied FEB 2016 and didn't get the final call for location until earlier this week.

AND I know some marshals that don't have bachelors, I know some marshals that don't have military. Of course it helps, but apply anyway and hope for the best. Cheers!

• Wicho1
          Wicho1 commented
          Editing a comment
          Tomkolo what did they offer you??

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          OIt all depends on the type of announcement. If it's a Delegated Examining Announcement, you will likely NOT beat anyone with Veterans preference. If it's is a merit promotion open to all government employees, you will be evaluated based on your resume and scores of the online test they issue. Then, if you do well, you will be referred for a structured interview to further determine your position as a Best Qualified applicant.

On the other hand, if the law passes and they do an Excepted Service announcement, they will not be bound to any of the traditional OPM requirements of a Competitive Delegated Examining Announcement; therefore, your specific education may play a greater factor in final selection.

Accordingly, I would not make any decisions that impacts your family based on what "could" happen. If you are GS-11 Lieutenant, I would join SORT and eventually transition into SIS and get on the Evidence Recovery Team. My interviewers seemed very responsive to my relevant experience.
          Last edited by Vox Populous; 07-16-2017, 11:54 PM. Reason: Grammar

• New! Currently, we are filling the 2017 August BDUSM Class which begins August 31, 2017. The next 0082 Basic DUSM class is scheduled for February 2018. HRD plans to continue filling classes with applicants from the 2016 PR and 2016 DUSM and applicants from the 2017 March IMP announcement. Good news. This is the first of three BDUSM classes for FY2018. Once the classes are finalized and official dates set, we will update our site with this information.

2017 Internal Merit Promotion (IMP) Announcement

New! HRD had planned to host more DUSM interviews this summer 2017, in conjunction with the new Excepted Service hiring initiative. At this time we still have not received approval to hire under this authority. Due to the limited number of people who need interviews, HRD is pushing the interviews out until Fall 2017. No dates or locations for the DUSM interviews have been determined. Once it has been determined we will host more interviews, HRD will send out emails to those who indicated they preferred to wait to participate in the structured interviews. NOTE: Applicants will not move forward to the next phase of the hiring process until they participate in the structured interview process.

As a reminder, the USMS has one remaining Basic Deputy Classes scheduled for FY2017 and three tentatively set for FY2018:
        * August 2017
        * February 2018
        * April 2018
        * July 2018

Comment

• So is it safe to assume if we have interviewed and haven't gotten a DQ letter then we are still active applicants for the upcoming classes?

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post
            New! Currently, we are filling the 2017 August BDUSM Class which begins August 31, 2017. The next 0082 Basic DUSM class is scheduled for February 2018. HRD plans to continue filling classes with applicants from the 2016 PR and 2016 DUSM and applicants from the 2017 March IMP announcement. Good news. This is the first of three BDUSM classes for FY2018. Once the classes are finalized and official dates set, we will update our site with this information.

2017 Internal Merit Promotion (IMP) Announcement

New! HRD had planned to host more DUSM interviews this summer 2017, in conjunction with the new Excepted Service hiring initiative. At this time we still have not received approval to hire under this authority. Due to the limited number of people who need interviews, HRD is pushing the interviews out until Fall 2017. No dates or locations for the DUSM interviews have been determined. Once it has been determined we will host more interviews, HRD will send out emails to those who indicated they preferred to wait to participate in the structured interviews. NOTE: Applicants will not move forward to the next phase of the hiring process until they participate in the structured interview process.

As a reminder, the USMS has one remaining Basic Deputy Classes scheduled for FY2017 and three tentatively set for FY2018:
            * August 2017
            * February 2018
            * April 2018
            * July 2018

I think its safe to say that the USMS is not going to have any more hiring announcements till the Excepted Service initiative (Schedule B). I really don't think the Recent Grad will happen.

Comment

• Is anyone aware of anyone that took a FIT test for June's class but never got a call and is still waiting?

Just for information, I was told by a Deputy Marshal that they heard the southern Texas district border offices were filled. Based on what Wicho1 was offered it would seem that statement is true.
              Last edited by Golf9; 07-16-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• Meat0177
                Meat0177 commented
                Editing a comment
                Alpine is on the border... Have you taken the FIT, and not been contacted?

• Golf9
                Golf9 commented
                Editing a comment
                I meant the southern district of Texas locations as that is what I asked about, sorry for the confusion. I have taken the FIT for the August class and have not heard anything yet.
                Last edited by Golf9; 07-16-2017, 09:52 AM.

• Meat0177
                Meat0177 commented
                Editing a comment
                Got ya. I have taken mine and have not heard anything.

• Meat0177
                Meat0177 commented
                Editing a comment
                What were your scores on the FIT?

• The big push right now is still D.C. and the other large cities that are down 10+ deputies.
              Last edited by Vox Populous; 07-16-2017, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• Sorry if this has been discussed, but I couldn't find any useful information on this matter. Does anybody have any idea when they might have another announcement for entry level positions?

I missed the 2012 DUSM announcement as I was deploying to Afghanistan with the USMC around that time. I spoke with a USMS recruiter sometime early 2016 and was told there would be multiple announcements between 2016 and 2017. I don't remember why I didn't put in for the Puerto Rico announcement. I would definitely love to become a DUSM, but I think I missed out. I recently applied for HSI and everything seems to be moving in the right direction for me. However, I am hoping USMS will have another opening in the near future.

I have over four years of local law enforcement experience (two in a HIDTA narcotics task force) and three deployments with the USMC (two combat tours as an infantry squad leader and platoon sgt), and about 90+ college units. Hoping to get my criminal justice BA sometime early 2018.

Comment

• Just wanted to share these on here about the proposed bill for Excepted Service.

https://www.hatch.senate.gov/public/...ment-authority

https://www.hatch.senate.gov/public/...0Authority.pdf

Would anyone have an estimate for monthly take-home pay is for the entry level year? I know variables include amount towards TSP, taxes, etc. Just looking for a realistic expectation.

Comment

• Vox Populous
                    Vox Populous commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes. GL-07, Step 1, unless you are already a federal employee. If you are, they will match your pay up to a GL-07, Step 10.

• ls1_oklahoma
                    ls1_oklahoma commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Vox- Thanks for the fast reply. I'm aware of the entry pay scale and the steps. I was more curious about what a realistic estimate of take home pay would be? I know at my PD there are pension, FOP union dues, etc taken out. What is a good ball park to budget for the GL-07 pay scale?

• Vox Populous
                    Vox Populous commented
                    Editing a comment
                    When I was a GL-07 step 4, I took home around 1,300 every two weeks with Philadelphia locality and 5% TSP contribution.

• ls1_oklahoma
                    ls1_oklahoma commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Okay, thanks just trying to properly prepare for the opportunity.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12683 users online. 476 members and 12207 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X