Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well first thing i hope they put the PR people in PR, second just emailed and found my bi was sent to the adjudication office. Here back in a cpl weeks or so.

Comment

• I haven't been keeping up with this at all, so if this is old news then just skip. Last week I got an email saying, "I'm still an active candidate etc.." I forwarded that to all the deputies that I know. They all said that's great news to my surprise. They said if you haven't been booted yet, chances are good that I'll get the TO, and pending passing Fit and everything I'll get the FO. Everyone I've spoke too and known they say it normally takes 1 1/2 to 2 years to get on. Point being, keep the faith and hang in there if you're looking at your emails every 10mins waiting for this. God bless everyone!
      Last edited by USMC85; 06-26-2017, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• DrewC2016
        DrewC2016 commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you scheduled your FIT yet?

• jj858
        jj858 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm in the same boat you are! I got the same email but guys I know are already going to the academy. I at least want a TO lol! Hopefully we both get one soon!

• Lost2Apathy
        Lost2Apathy commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't get that email

When did you interview?

• Just got the email saying im active as well i have a TO and am currently only waiting on FIT the email said they are going to start making selections for august in the coming weeks so monitor my email and phone, wondering if any one else got that email?

Comment

• Galeo21
        Galeo21 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea, i replied and im done with everything, so they said id be contacted soon for a fit.

• sbsellards1
        sbsellards1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Tomkolo,

Did you submit a wish list previously? I FIT tested a couple weeks ago as well and did not get contacted to fill out a wish list but I submitted one a long time ago sometime during the process. I think I did pretty well on the test so I was just wondering if they're re-sending it to everyone to fill out or maybe just people that didn't have one on file.

Thanks and good luck!

• Ski181
        Ski181 commented
        Editing a comment
        ^i didn't get one either man so don't sweat it. Has anybody heard about calls going out yet for AUG or we still waiting?

• tomkolo
        tomkolo commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't have one on file, I was originally for PR but I also got a TO for all locations, probably why I never did one. I think we are still waiting on calls.

• Originally posted by Galeo21 View Post
      Just got the email saying im active as well i have a TO and am currently only waiting on FIT the email said they are going to start making selections for august in the coming weeks so monitor my email and phone, wondering if any one else got that email?
      The email stated selection will be made in the coming weeks.

Comment

• DrewC2016
        DrewC2016 commented
        Editing a comment
        Received that email a couple weeks ago- of course this is the week where I get nonstop telemarketers calling me from unknown numbers! Best of luck to all.

• Monitor your phones- just got a call to be tenatively selected for the August class. Contigent on succesfully passing the drug test of course.

Comment

• Ski181
        Ski181 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here! Where did they offer you?

• Brist
        Brist commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you taken your FIT test yet?

• DrewC2016
        DrewC2016 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes I took my FIT a week and a half ago.

• usms-help1
        usms-help1 commented
        Editing a comment
        DrewC what location did u take your fit test ?

• Originally posted by DrewC2016 View Post
      Monitor your phones- just got a call to be tenatively selected for the August class. Contigent on succesfully passing the drug test of course.

What did they offer you?

Comment

• DrewC2016
        DrewC2016 commented
        Editing a comment
        Northeast Region (Region 1 was the only one I selected) as I said it was a "You've been TENTATIVELY selected for the August class, are you okay with ___________ location?" There's still time, and I still need to take my drug test. Nothing's final until it is.

• Meat0177
        Meat0177 commented
        Editing a comment
        I took my FIT over three weeks ago now. Still waiting.....

• Any Deputies out there that could answer this. Correct me if I'm wrong but Excepted Service is Schedule B? I read that it is but just wanted to make sure. Also do you feel this will be granted to the USMS with the current bill introduced? Can the DOJ grant the USMS excepted service at anytime without congress? Never read anything about DEA getting it or did it already have it before and didn't utilize it till now?

Comment

• ShockTroopDevilDog
        ShockTroopDevilDog commented
        Editing a comment
        DEA is doing a Schedule B hire now. Excepted Service is not Schedule B. Schedule B is when the hiring authority is given to the agency directly allowing them to bypass the traditional vetting and selection process used by USAJOBS and OPM. Excepted Service is agencies like FAMS USSS. Essentially they can hire and fire you for any reason they see fit (within reason). Schedule B is when you email the recruiter and initiate an employment application directly with them. USMS getting Schedule B means that they will now have the authority to hire directly, and without using USAJOBS. They will be also able to use their own hiring process without regards to any process already on the books. Hope that helps.

• Njw85
        Njw85 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes you did explain it. I was told the USMS is going towards Schedule B and it mentioned it in the current bill introduced. Not sure when/if it will pass but it would be great for the agency. I heard HR is gearing for it as we speak, any idea if this may pass or not? Thanks for the response.

• ShockTroopDevilDog
        ShockTroopDevilDog commented
        Editing a comment
        i'm pretty sure it already passed. It should be implamented in fy18 so anytime after this coming October

• USMS08610083
        USMS08610083 commented
        Editing a comment
        It hasn't passed. It was introduced and referred to Committee. This is the bill... S.1124 - Patrick T. Carothers U.S. Marshals Service Hiring Improvement Act of 2017. Excepted Service first 3 years then convert to Career.

• Does anyone know the start date of the August class?

Comment

• Originally posted by Golf9 View Post
        Does anyone know the start date of the August class?
        I don't think the official date is out there yet, but rumor has had it that it will be towards the end of August.

Comment

• Golf9
          Golf9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the information.

• Disregard...
        Last edited by Blackbeard526; 07-10-2017, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Anyone get a firm offer yet?

Comment

• jimmycoughdrops
          jimmycoughdrops commented
          Editing a comment
          I was just given 48 hours to take a drug test. The conversations are so brief. It's like a reality tv show

• I got my offer on July 6 for the August class but I declined. I was offered Alpine Texas and I was really hoping to get something in the southern district of Texas. Mcallen Tx, Laredo, Corpus Christi or Brownsville TX.

Comment

• DrewC2016
          DrewC2016 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey Wicho,

Thanks for the info- was it a FO sent via email? Or phone call?

• It was a phone call. I ended up calling them back the next day with my decision. I just hope they don't take me off the list.

Comment

• Those of you who got called for a drug test, is this your first one? I was drug tested before the June class and haven't been contacted since the FIT, was wondering if they're running another drug test for the August class or maybe I just haven't heard anything yet because I took mine already.

Comment

• DrewC2016
            DrewC2016 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm on the same timeline as jimmycoughdrops- and I got called today for my first drug test, completed everything else to include the FIT and TO.

• sbsellards1
            sbsellards1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Ok cool, got my TO a while back and took the drug test months ago.. FIT tested a few weeks ago. Hopefully they're just getting your drug tests done and will send out FOs soon.

• jimmycoughdrops
            jimmycoughdrops commented
            Editing a comment
            This would be my second drug test I took one a while back.

• Brist
            Brist commented
            Editing a comment
            This is my first drug test but still have not taken fitness test.

• Quick question for those close to gettin calls. During course of backgrounds have all of you met personally with the investigator for the interview once is was close to being completed? Just asking because I have yet to be contacted by one, so just was curious as to how that goes. Thanks.

Comment

• tomkolo
            tomkolo commented
            Editing a comment
            It is not the same for everyone, it just depends on who your primary investigator is for the case. My BI started about MAY 2016 and my investigator interviewed me right away. OPM did not complete it until MAY of this year. Sometimes they will do your interview early...sometimes middle....sometimes end. You will never know the answer until its done.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4563 users online. 236 members and 4327 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X