Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I interviewed the first round and haven't even received a TO but application is still active.

Comment

• led2016
      led2016 commented
      Editing a comment
      What number did you call to get a status update? I received a T.O. and completed medical and urinalysis but haven't heard anything since October. I believe it's because I have a b.i. going on now through OPM. Can't find a good number anywhere

• From what I hear, you may eventually receive a T.O. if other individuals are removed from the list for one reason or another. I know many people have suggested it is some type of random occurrence, but there is a method to the madness. Again, that's if your application is still active and you were not pulled off the list after the interview.

Comment

• Based off of the experience from you all. Do you all believe it is easier to get on with the USMS by only applying to them or apply and get on with some type of Fed agency and then lateral over?

Comment

• Vox Populous
        Vox Populous commented
        Editing a comment
        It depends on if you are a Vet. If you are a preference eligible Veteran, a delegated examining announcement is in your favor. If you are not a Veteran, a merit promotion or later transfer is your best bet.

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post
      New! We have filled the 2017 June BDUSM Class. The next 0082 Basic DUSM class is scheduled for late August 2017. HRD plans to continue filling classes with applicants from the 2016 PR and 2016 DUSM and applicants from the 2017 March IMP announcement. Good news. The first of three BDUSM classes for FY2018 is tentatively set to occur in the second quarter (dates TBD). Once the classes are finalized and official dates set, we will update our site with this information.
      Max,

Just wondering if the USMS Recent Grad will even happen? The website changed and now it says nothing about the Recent Grad. Is it still on the intranet? Just I'd ask when I seen that. Thats all, thanks.

Comment

• I was contacted today to schedule my FIT test. I am taking the test next Wednesday in S. Texas. I hope there are some good locations available, as I am not looking to go to DC or California.

Comment

• Vox Populous
          Vox Populous commented
          Editing a comment
          Good luck. Crush it!

• Meat0177
          Meat0177 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. Just so I don't have to post it again.

Interviewed on 8/31.
          TSL on 9/1.
          Drug test competed on 10/28.
          Medical competed on 1/10.
          Had a current background for my current t position. FIT test next Wednesday.

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post

Max,

Just wondering if the USMS Recent Grad will even happen? The website changed and now it says nothing about the Recent Grad. Is it still on the intranet? Just I'd ask when I seen that. Thats all, thanks.
        I sent an email to the address provided to inquire about this. Automatic response indicated that it may take as long as 45 days to get a response. I may call the number provided on Monday. I really hope that they don't eliminate the Recent Grads announcement. I know they need more deputies.

Comment

• They are working on an Excepted Service announcement now. A Bill was recently introduced, so there should be one sometime during FY18.

Additionally, I believe Max mentioned a delegated examining announcement that should come open within the next few months. Hope that helps.

Comment

• Njw85
            Njw85 commented
            Editing a comment
            Slim,

Correct me if I'm wrong but I beleive the USMS is trying to go to schedule B. I heard this from deputies, plus mostly all DOJ agencies are doing it now. Just makes sense!

• Slim 315
            Slim 315 commented
            Editing a comment
            NJW85, that's what I keep hearing. I'm just trying to determine how excepted service/schedule B and delegated examining announcements will differ for the Applicant. It seems like either allow an agency to avoid some annoying OPM procedures and streamline the hiring process by doing much of it in house. Is that about right? Apologies, I'm somewhat new to the federal hiring process and I'm having trouble making sense of some of this OPM jargon.

• Vox Populous
            Vox Populous commented
            Editing a comment
            A delegated examining announcement simply means it is open to all U.S. citizens. That means anyone including those currently employed by Competitive & Excepted Service agencies can compete for the job. However, a delegated examining announcement provides Veterans preference beyond that criteria established for a merit promotion opportunity.

In a merit promotion, the applicants are usually afforded an opportunity to compete for a position ordinarily only open to government employees. Simply allowing Veterans access is considered to be a preference, where a delegated examining announcement will accually award applicants with a weighted preference over non-preference eligible candidates.

The USMS is not trying to convert to schedule B. The bill has been written so you would be appointed under an Excepted Service hiring authority, then convert to a Career Permanent position.

I hope this helps.

• Slim 315
            Slim 315 commented
            Editing a comment
            Many thanks Vox Populous! Seems like these changes will both be more fair and get the best possible new hires for the Marshals Service.

• Originally posted by Vox Populous View Post
          They are working on an Excepted Service announcement now. A Bill was recently introduced, so there should be one sometime during FY18.

Additionally, I believe Max mentioned a delegated examining announcement that should come open within the next few months. Hope that helps.
          So this means we could see a Streamlined hiring process from the USMS sometime this calendar year? Am I reading that correctly?

USMS Schedule B WAVE 1
          12/10/18- USMS Info Session
          3/25/19- USMS Interview
          4/24/19- USMS invite to apply online
          5/28/19 - Referred to USMS.
          7/03/19- Received TOL
          8/16/19-Initial Medical
          8/29/19-Completed Medical
          9/19/19-Received E-quip
          9/23/19-Completed Fingerprints

Current USMS TFO

Comment

• Vox Populous
            Vox Populous commented
            Editing a comment
            Next calendar year is more likely for approval of an Excepted Service hiring announcement; however, they could still do a delegated examining announcement open to all U.S. citizens during FY18.

It does take longer, but their is less room for favoritism and politics with a competitive service announcement.

Before everyone loses their minds, I said less -- I didn't say none. LOL

• Meat0177
            Meat0177 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey vox didn't you mention soemthing about ATB 13's, or is it going to be competitive? I have my PT test tomorrow, so I will have to make an informed decision in the next couple of weeks.

• Usms Vacancy
          Applied 6/8/16
          Interview 8/30/16
          Tentative offer 8/31/16
          Medical 9/19/16
          Urinalysis 10/25/16
          Finished up with OPM investigator end of Jan 17
          Fit ??? Hmmm

Anyone else out there in a similar situation ? Just waiting on this fit test haven't heard a thing since !!!

Comment

• Vox Populous
            Vox Populous commented
            Editing a comment
            Are you waiting on the FIT, or your background to clear so you can take your FIT? Because it sounds like you are in the same situation as me, except my TO came much later than yours and my BI is held up in OPM.

• led2016
            led2016 commented
            Editing a comment
            My timeline is very close to yours and we are in the same boat. Completed urinalysis around that time and haven't heard anything. My OPM b.i. begun August 17, 2016 and is still ongoing. Agencies can request to be notified of when applicants b.i.s are complete and then hopefully reciprocate. I'm hoping this is what's happening and we'll receive notification to take the FIT once OPM is finished. I've also heard that at the one year mark they expedite it. I don't have a good phone number to call the USMS to get an actual rundown.

• Vox Populous
            Vox Populous commented
            Editing a comment
            I have talked to several people in the Marshals who are pretty well connected. The average BI has been taking 364 days, and they are also frustrated about this. From what I understand, they should be finishing up the "expedited" background investigations for the Aug/September and OCT/NOV groups this month.

That should allow us to FIT in July and go into the August class if a seat is offered for a jurisdiction of our interest.

• Meat0177
            Meat0177 commented
            Editing a comment
            At my FIT last week I was told I will most likely be offered soemthing on the SW border. Probably McAllen or Laredo. Niether of which I am thrilled about. If I took either of them it would be McAllen because it's about 35 min from my current location. We will see what happens.

• Originally posted by usms-help1 View Post
          Usms Vacancy
          Applied 6/8/16
          Interview 8/30/16
          Tentative offer 8/31/16
          Medical 9/19/16
          Urinalysis 10/25/16
          Finished up with OPM investigator end of Jan 17
          Fit ??? Hmmm

Anyone else out there in a similar situation ? Just waiting on this fit test haven't heard a thing since !!!
          Just because you were interviewed by OPM does not mean they are done conducting your BI. I completed everything in March of 2016 and started my BI in April. Did my security interview with an OPM investigator in May of 2016 and my BI wasn't completed until May of this year. Took just over a year and that was "expedited". I am waiting as well, but unfortunately you won't know a thing until you get a call -- they don't keep in touch other then an email mentioning classes coming. Even then you never know until you get a call. They have plenty of people that want it and don't need to cater to your needs, only their own.

Comment

• Vox Populous
            Vox Populous commented
            Editing a comment
            We are also taxpayers. They are obligated to provide an efficiency of service that serves to benefit these agencies that ensure the public's safety.

The time line you described is unacceptable as it has impeded the Marshals Service from addressing their staffing needs.

Hence, they have pursued legislation to remove OPM from the process. Considering the Executive Branch is attempting to eliminate inefficient agencies, it is in their own interest to improve their level of customer service.

• tomkolo
            tomkolo commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey, I agree with you. But you saying it and me agreeing doesn't change the facts. Hopefully OPM finally completing it in May will allow me to make the August class.

• Vox Populous
            Vox Populous commented
            Editing a comment
            Tomkolo, if your background is complete, you should get an opportunity to take the FIT.

I know for a fact all of my field work has been done since February. However, OPM just this month assigned someone to pull my eOPF. The fact they tagged our BI as Expedite, then let it sit on someone's desk for three months is a complete waste.

Considering many of us are current government employees, who are held accountable for performance, the lack of transparency and accountability appears to be what is frustrating most applicants.

I havea great job I love, so I can't imagine how those whom have been waiting years for this opportunity must feel.

• tomkolo
            tomkolo commented
            Editing a comment
            You are 100% correct and it is extremely frustrating. And yes many of us are in tight spots waiting on this and turning down other positions that require the signing of a contract just in the off shot we one day get that call. Just hope it works out. You are lucky to love your current position. Maybe I'll see you at glynco sometime soon.

• Originally posted by tomkolo View Post

Hey there TomKolo
          i did not state in anyway anything about my background being completed! I am well aware that my background is still pending !! I spoke with OPM today !!! Just was asking if anyone was in a Simlar situation as my timeline ! Thanks for for the ---whole they don't need you, you need them response.
          Thanks Sir!!

Just because you were interviewed by OPM does not mean they are done conducting your BI. I completed everything in March of 2016 and started my BI in April. Did my security interview with an OPM investigator in May of 2016 and my BI wasn't completed until May of this year. Took just over a year and that was "expedited". I am waiting as well, but unfortunately you won't know a thing until you get a call -- they don't keep in touch other then an email mentioning classes coming. Even then you never know until you get a call. They have plenty of people that want it and don't need to cater to your needs, only their own.

Comment

• tomkolo
            tomkolo commented
            Editing a comment
            Right on !! Good luck sir!
            Last edited by tomkolo; 06-14-2017, 10:30 PM.

• Crushed my FIT yesterday; hopefully I hear something within the next few weeks.

Comment

• Meat0177
            Meat0177 commented
            Editing a comment
            What were your scores?

• After months of hearing nothing and only one reference contacted. Another reference was contacted this past week. So apparently my background is not complete. Based on length other people have been waiting it's not looking good for August. I interviewed in Oct, FWIW.

Comment

• Vox Populous
            Vox Populous commented
            Editing a comment
            I empathize with your position. Hopefully, the wait will pay off, and you will get a better location. Good luck!

• Anyone heard of when the August academy is suppose to start? Hopefully everyone is seeing some kind of progress!

Comment

• Meat0177
            Meat0177 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was told "late" August.

• I just took the fit test this morning and the guy told me that HQ was wanting it done so I could be enrolled in the august class. We'll see if that actually happens. I Got referred for the P.R and nationwide announcement. I'll anywhere in the U.S but I really not interested in the unpaid move to P.R. I've come so far I just hope it works out. Another thing I passed the fit test but I wasn't happy with my results. I'm in for a rude awakening

Comment

• tomkolo
            tomkolo commented
            Editing a comment
            You should be fine if you passed. I took mine tuesday - I also applied FEB 2016 for PR and in AUG 2016 for all locations and received a TO for both. The FIT is more or less a pass/fail for HR to slot you. Of course you want to be as prepared as possible but don't feel nervous if you didn't get superior on all events. Your background and quals are more important, doing an extra 10 pushups doesn't put you above anyone else - especially when you can boost someones fitness fairly quickly and which will happen in the academy.

• Lost2Apathy
            Lost2Apathy commented
            Editing a comment
            What is "passing" for the fit?

• tomkolo
            tomkolo commented
            Editing a comment

• Meat0177
            Meat0177 commented
            Editing a comment
            What were your scores?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5817 users online. 346 members and 5471 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X