Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New! We have filled the 2017 June BDUSM Class. The next 0082 Basic DUSM class is scheduled for late August 2017. HRD plans to continue filling classes with applicants from the 2016 PR and 2016 DUSM and applicants from the 2017 March IMP announcement. Good news. The first of three BDUSM classes for FY2018 is tentatively set to occur in the second quarter (dates TBD). Once the classes are finalized and official dates set, we will update our site with this information.

Comment

• Vox Populous
      Vox Populous commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for keeping everyone updated.

• GMSQ
      GMSQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder why we all didn't receive this update...

• Galeo21
      Galeo21 commented
      Editing a comment
      Because that is a enternal update im sure, Max has been awesome at keeping us update! Second when Max recieves info he puts it out, so anyone that is waiting for other annoucements, do not need to be asking as Max i believe will post when he receives it!

• GMSQ
      GMSQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Got it!!! Thx

• http://m.govexec.com/pay-benefits/pa...e-channelriver

Comment

• Vox Populous
      Vox Populous commented
      Editing a comment
      No. FBI, CIA, USSS, and the Federal Courts (U.S. Probation Officer) are all Excepted Service and do not convert.

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      Also, I believe excepted service members are the only ones who cannot be military while employed in their respective agencies. If they are reservists they have to separate and while employed, they cannot commission or enlist.

• Blackbeard526
      Blackbeard526 commented
      Editing a comment
      I know plenty of excepted service federal employees that serve in the Reserves.

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      That's good to know because when I was told that, I thought it didn't sound USERRA compliant. I'm glad that you chimed in.

• any idea when the nationwide announcement is set to be released?

Comment

• If this passes, I bet the USMS goes to Schedule B. Some of the Marshals in my area were talking about possibly going to Schedule B a couple months ago. Looks like great news!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Njw85 View Post

If this passes, I bet the USMS goes to Schedule B. Some of the Marshals in my area were talking about possibly going to Schedule B a couple months ago. Looks like great news!!
        to be honest i think it is completed *****backwards that all Fed Law Enforcement isn't Schedule B. DEA just began schedule b and supposedly HSI is following

Comment

• A 13 is good, but from my research of the excepted service when I was debating a federal job that was ES is that it is not advantageous. If you ever want to leave, you better hope USMS has an interchange agreement with the other agency. But im sure most DUSMs already love their job, and a 13 will be enough of a reason to never leave.
          UNITED STATES BORDER PATROL
          "90 years of tradition unhindered by progress!"

honor first

Comment

• Vox Populous
            Vox Populous commented
            Editing a comment
            You are correct. The Competitive Service is much better. The only advantage of the Excepted Service is the expedited hiring ability -- that, and they usually do their own background investigations, which can further expedite the on-boarding process.

But... just like they hired you quicker, they can fire you quicker. I am all for accountability, but I have seen some absurd stuff in my 10+ years working in law enforcement.

I would not mind doing a two-year probationary period if they are going to convert me to Competitive Service and give me a 13, but I would never want to go an entire career with "at will" status. Too much can happen.

• Great news!!! They should have been on par with other 1811's a longggggggg time ago. Wish they got LEAP like others instead of waiting 2 years but greatnews!

Comment

• the bill text doesn't say anything about GS-13

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...bill/1124/text

Comment

• Vox Populous
              Vox Populous commented
              Editing a comment
              I didn't see anything in the Bill about a GS-13 either.
              Last edited by Vox Populous; 05-20-2017, 12:00 AM.

• Originally posted by battlewagon View Post
            A 13 is good, but from my research of the excepted service when I was debating a federal job that was ES is that it is not advantageous. If you ever want to leave, you better hope USMS has an interchange agreement with the other agency. But im sure most DUSMs already love their job, and a 13 will be enough of a reason to never leave.
            I read the bill, from what i understand it converts to competitive after 3 years.

Comment

• Vox Populous
              Vox Populous commented
              Editing a comment
              For whatever reason, the Bill did not originally load on my phone. You are right. As long as it is a conversion program, this is great news

• I just read through the USMS Annual Report (It is posted on their website). According to the report:
            In FY 2017, all DUSMs, new hires
            and incumbents, will need to
            successfully complete a timed
            obstacle course and four individual
            assessments that include a timed
            run and strength and agility tests.

Did anyone of you guys who are headed to the June class have to pass a timed obstacle course?

Comment

• Have Gun - Will Travel
              Editing a comment
              No, just the regular FIT test. I would say the other stuff is part of the academy.

• There is a new obstacle course that you will take. It is hardly an obstacle course. Very simple and will take less than 3 minutes. It will be setup in a basketball court, running back and forth with different items, jumping over a chain link fence, . It's actually fun.

New Intel: BDUSM classes start 8/31 and 11/21.
            GS 13 Journeyman is a myth, for now.

Comment

• DHSMatt
              DHSMatt commented
              Editing a comment
              Now that sounds fun.....last time I ran any type of obstacle course was in 2007 in Coronado, San Diego with ST- 3 when I was attached to them as Support while I was Active Duty in the Us. Navy. Look forward to this!

• Well movement is there gentlemen. Got a call this morning to do my drug test and completed this afternoon. Question, would I be this far in the process if my BI is not complete, anyone have any theory on this? My BI was started months ago, and only 2 people were contacted and after that it has been quite and no one else was contacted.

Comment

• Vox Populous
              Vox Populous commented
              Editing a comment
              You will not be allowed to take a FIT until OPM completes your background and the Marshals favorably adjudicate it. I have been stuck in limbo for months and missed the June class because of this specific issue.

On average, OPM has been taking 364 days to complete the process. I called Friday. They still don't have my case done, and all the field work has been done since February. It is not looking to good for me in terms of the August class. Hopefully, you all will have better luck.

• Meat0177
              Meat0177 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey vox did you call OPM directly?

• National Background Investigations Branch
            Mobile 7247945612

Comment

• Vox Populous:

I called the mobile number to OPM Backgrounds Branch. I was forwarded to the Privacy Act/FOIA office. They told me to fill out a FOIA request to get status of my BI.

How were you able to get status without going through and filing a FOIA request? Who did you talk to?

Comment

• usms-help1
                usms-help1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Call 724-794-5612 extension 7000.
                Option 2 then option 4
                And ask the customer service person rep to check status !

• Vox Populous
                Vox Populous commented
                Editing a comment
                USMS-help1 is on point.

• Vox Populous
                Vox Populous commented
                Editing a comment
                Just be advised, they can only tell you the status of whether it is pending or complete. I have asked numerous people who I could speak to about personally getting them any additional information they may need. Each time, they have declined to forward me to anyone who could explain the hold up.

As I have mentioned in my previous posts, my background investigator (the contractor) was awesome. The USMS requested my background be expedited, so all of my field work has been done since February. My packet is just sitting on someone's desk, and an OPM Investigator has yet to be assigned to my case to this day.

Their work is extremely important. I would think there would be a requirement to maintain certain deadlines.

I am sure they are extremely overworked with an incredible backlog, I just wish they would give me a heads up if they needed any other information, because I would get them whatever they need.
                Last edited by Vox Populous; 06-02-2017, 09:26 AM. Reason: Grammar

• Hello all. I am late to the game but am current BOP with aspirations to be USMS. Wanted to thank you all for the information in this thread and also ask if anyone had an idea on when the next announcement may be.

Comment

• USMC03xx
                USMC03xx commented
                Editing a comment
                No one really knows. I don't think anytime soon, due to they are still dealing with the last announcement and filling academies

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10091 users online. 481 members and 9610 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X