300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CBPO703 View Post
    What's up Zerowill, quick question for you. I got the call for Super Court as well but haven't received the follow up email. It's been 8 days now. You on the same boat?
    Nope no email, only phone contact. They told me over the phone to expect the formal email next week and to inform your current employer then.

Originally posted by DHSMatt View Post
    Have they asked you for your current SF50 to adjust and figure out your pay and leave etc? I have a friend that had that occur very recently from Super Court offer.
    Yeah like a week ago now

Comment

• CBPO703
      CBPO703 commented
      Editing a comment
      Alright thanks man, I'll be looking out for that email. Congrats btw.

• DHSMatt
      DHSMatt commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice!! Yeah I had to do an informal interview and it wasn't even the final offer. It was more of a feel me out kind of thing. So fingers crossed. Now I'm kinda hoping DC Super calls me if anything. I'd hate to be passed up.

• I interviewed in August and have not heard anything back but was told I was still active in the hiring process. I hope I gerlt something, wondering if TO's are given by locations picked.

Comment

• Jrod26
      Jrod26 commented
      Editing a comment
      How long ago were you told you are still active in the process?

• Originally posted by Willy Wigglesworth View Post
    Yes, did medical Tuesday and finishing it today with doc appointment. Sent fingerprints off and knocking out BI paperwork today.
    *sigh* So tired of having to reach out to human resources. For once I'd like to have a smooth on boarding process with an agency.

I try and not be a pest but considering this agency has clearly taken on more applicants then they can handle it behooved me to reach out and say "hey remember me, I haven't heard anything and we are quickly coming up on the 30 day mark." Funny, 30 days is the timeline THEY put in the paperwork.
    Last edited by La_Bamba; 05-04-2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• DHSMatt
      DHSMatt commented
      Editing a comment
      I was contacting HR on a bi-weekly basis to check my status and they where pretty up to date with me through this whole process. They have been nothing but extremely helpful for me. Wish you luck dude, but this agency is competitive just like an other 1811 position.

• Originally posted by La_Bamba View Post

*sigh* So tired of having to reach out to human resources. For once I'd like to have a smooth on boarding process with an agency.

I try and not be a pest but considering this agency has clearly taken on more applicants then they can handle it behooved me to reach out and say "hey remember me, I haven't heard anything and we are quickly coming up on the 30 day mark." Funny, 30 days is the timeline THEY put in the paperwork.
    So tired? Lol. Dude, the USMS does not owe you s hit. If you are so tired, quit the freakin process and stay with your agency. We don't want whiny jerks complaining about everything when they become DUSMs.

Comment

• Bandido
      Bandido commented
      Editing a comment
      This.......

• I was contacted by HR this afternoon to inform me I wasn't selected for a Las Vegas office due to another candidate being selected. I was then offered two more locations with no informal interview. So keep your head up high ladies and gents there are plenty of offices to be filled still. Las Vegas was my # 5 pick on my wish list and I took my #3 pick today. Good luck to all....!!!!!
    Last edited by DHSMatt; 05-04-2017, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• CopStrong
      CopStrong commented
      Editing a comment
      F yea buddy! Meeting with DUSM friend Wed, along with current agency guy that's in the class too, will report pertinent info.

• DHSMatt
      DHSMatt commented
      Editing a comment
      Hell yeah brotha !!!!! Taj here we come....hahaha!!! Least we will have a great group of guys with us.

• CopStrong
      CopStrong commented
      Editing a comment
      and gals! don't forget the gals!

Taj....oh we can hope. fingers crossed.

• DHSMatt
      DHSMatt commented
      Editing a comment
      Ohhh yes cant forget the Gals....I know at least 3 still waiting on FITs. Fingers crossed brotha!

• Has everyone thus far been getting offers at least on their wish list?

Comment

• Red_widget
      Red_widget commented
      Editing a comment
      Got "the call" yesterday. Only offered one spot that was not on my list or region. I'm not going to say location until I get paperwork. They can offer you anywhere in us regardless of what you selected.

• CHG123
      CHG123 commented
      Editing a comment
      congrats. did you also select to be placed anywhere in addition to your pref or did they just give a random slot?

• Red_widget
      Red_widget commented
      Editing a comment
      Gave me random slot.

• DHSMatt
      DHSMatt commented
      Editing a comment
      I was offered three locations over a week time span. Two where on my Wish list and other of course was D.C. Super.

• Originally posted by MaxD1207 View Post

So tired? Lol. Dude, the USMS does not owe you s hit. If you are so tired, quit the freakin process and stay with your agency. We don't want whiny jerks complaining about everything when they become DUSMs.
    I don't know even where to begin with this. I'm not sure if you're actually a DUSM recruiter or someone posing as one, but your immature and unprofessional response leads me to believe latter. I was going to respond as to why I was questioning the timeline they laid out but dealing with anyone who resorts to name calling is beneath any professional grown adult.

edit: grammar
    Last edited by La_Bamba; 05-05-2017, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• I see some guys have posted that they have been in constant contact with HR throughout the process to stay up to date, so how did you talk to an actual human? I have an email address that no one ever responds ds back from, numbers that obviously go to no one because the calls are never answered. Sooo does anyone have a good contact number, email etc that I can have. I was offered another federal leo position and must respond by Monday to the other agency. Truth be told I would rather stay in my current agency and wait for the marshals but if it's dead in the water then I will move on. Everything is done except for the fit. I interviewed on Aug 31 and got a TO the next day. Medical is complete and my BI was used from my current agency. So once again can someone please lend me a number or email. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Jrod26
        Jrod26 commented
        Editing a comment
        +1 HQ never responds to my e-mails either.

• Anyone been contacted by or offered anywhere in the Western District of Texas?
      ANy idea how many academy classes they plan on filling?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blackbeard526 View Post
        Anyone been contacted by or offered anywhere in the Western District of Texas?
        ANy idea how many academy classes they plan on filling?
        Did you make the lateral? In west tx?

Comment

• Originally posted by La_Bamba View Post

I don't know even where to begin with this. I'm not sure if you're actually a DUSM recruiter or someone posing as one, but your immature and unprofessional response leads me to believe latter. I was going to respond as to why I was questioning the timeline they laid out but dealing with anyone who resorts to name calling is beneath any professional grown adult.

edit: grammar

03-31-2017, 10:19 AM

Originally posted by La_Bamba View Post
          Basically he's saying every Marshal age 30-39 (for instance) should be running 1.5 mile in under 8:45 to have the best shot at the job (90th percentile). That's booking. That's insane and if fit scores are weighed as heavily as he says versus the complete package then that would make me think twice about the agency. I know it comes as a shock but PT studs can be turds too.

If they aren't weighing the totality of your application package (resume, assessment, interview, and fit test) and are focusing solely on your fit scores then that shows a significant systematic failure worth re-thinking. That logic should be applied to ALL agencies not just the USMS. Just my two sense.

Immature and unprofessional? lol. You are the one calling the USMS turds. And dude, I don't give a f**k if you think I am a DUSM or not, I already have the job. I will give you a little piece of intel though, the USMS academy staff at Glynco check this site every day and they will eventually find out who is posting on here, and they love after hours positive reinforcement sesions.

Comment

• To be fair, I don't believe the statement annotated above is intended to assert current deputies are "turds." I believe he meant even PT studs can be of lesser caliber than those whom posses more well-rounded attributes.

Regardless, we should all attempt to remain professional as most of us are, or want to be law enforcement officers.

I'd like to thank everyone for their contributions to this thread.
            Last edited by Vox Populous; 05-06-2017, 09:45 AM. Reason: Grammar

Comment

• Originally posted by Vox Populous View Post
              To be fair, I don't believe the statement annotated above is intended to assert current deputies are "turds." I believe he meant even PT studs can be of lesser caliber than those whom posses more well-rounded attributes.

Regardless, we should all attempt to remain professional as most of are, or want to he law enforcement officers.

I'd like to thank everyone for their contributions to this thread.
              Some applicants have waited 2 plus years to get a TO from the USMS and then you have cry babies complaining and whining because they haven't heard anything in the last 30 days, SMFH.

Comment

• CopStrong
                CopStrong commented
                Editing a comment
                i agree with you Max, but i also know how stupid the process can make people. i have a good friend in the Alexandria office, he was on a list for ~4yrs, i consider myself extremely lucky to have gotten "the call" within a year of the announcement. as far as i know this has been a pretty speedy process for USMS standards.

if i recall correctly, La Bamba has had some intelligible thoughts here and there, let's not torch him just yet! if i'm misremembering and he's been an idiot the whole time, i'll supply the matches, kindling, and stake. ugh, and rope i guess.

• CopStrong,

For a person who is very mature according to you, I would take Max's comments he made earlier to heart and get off this forum. Your starting the academy next month. There are USMS who look at this forum and will know who you are! He mentioned that for a reason. I don't think it gets much clearier than that. So man up and take care of you. Not trying to sound like a you know what but your going to need it. Congrats on the call and good luck in training.

And just for the record, yes I am a little concerned about your response to me from the other day. Was just asking you for you to ask a friend a question for guys on the forum who are waiting for another announcement! Yes, I've asked Max several times about if an announcement is coming out. The reason I ask is because I want this job just like you do and to stay up on the current information so I can be ready to apply. That's not immature at all.

Lastly, I think your are a very negative person and I hope you change your attitude before training or you WILL find yourself packing very quick. Now RESPECT that!

Comment

• CopStrong
                CopStrong commented
                Editing a comment
                try reading what i wrote again. i was saying La Bamba in the past seemed decent and was perhaps having a bad day or whatever. not sure how that's "very negative".

my response to you in the PM you sent me, asking me to ask my friend about the recent grads announcement, is what you need to hear- like it or not. you've asked the question on here many, many times. MaxD has provided a ton of information on here and seems to post it up as soon as he's got it-- for some reason that isn't good enough for you.

• DHSMatt
                DHSMatt commented
                Editing a comment
                I have to second this statement by my buddy CopStrong. MaxD and other DUSM's have provided plentiful of information, so much to the point I haven't had to ask 3-5 times on this forum. Dude if your trying to become a US Marshal and you have no idea how Google works but yet you want to be a Criminal Investigator-1811. Then you probably shouldn't pick this profession, simple as that man. We've all made it this far, simply because we have earned it and busted our hump in the process to get where we all are at. CopStrong is a great dude and def not negative at all in any shape or form. But good luck in your future. Please stop whining and bitchin about the agency and us candidates. Go bust your *** and do your research like a true criminal investigator does.

• CopStrong
                CopStrong commented
                Editing a comment
                DHSMatt thanks bro! i mean...GFYS negativity blah blah

• Njw85
                Njw85 commented
                Editing a comment
                Matt, I haven't once said anything negative about the agency and as you know I have done my research. I said what I had to say, it was directed towards Copstrong. I won't say anymore regarding this issue. Good luck to you guys and congrats on joining the United States Marshals Service.

• I believe the idea was kicked around about the USMS hiring through Schedule B. Does anyone know if this has or will happen?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8053 users online. 427 members and 7626 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X